• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Who to root for (SB)?

I actually don't hate either team, so I'll be happy for either of them. I just can't clearly root for one or the other, though I think it's going to be a good game.

The Steeler play the style of football that I wish the Bills would. Their fans can be annoying, but Cowher gets that team in a position to win almost every year. They play hard and have some guys on the team that really deserve it, mostly Cowher, Lebeau, Bettis and Ward, imo. Cowher, like him or not is one of the best coaches in NFL history, probably the best of his generation. He wins the big one, I truely believe that is sealed. Lebeau is a guy that is seriously been undervalued in many places. I wish he were still in Buffalo! Bettis and Ward are both nice guy players that play hard every week. I love the physical way that Ward plays reciever.
    Seattle has a lot of good guys too. Hasselbeck seems like one of the most down to Earth guys in the league. S. Alexander never stops smiling and, from what I've heard, is a man of unwavering faith. Holmgren can become the first coach to win with 2 seperate clubs. And then there's the linebacker from Harvard, Isaiah Kaczinski (?) that was featured on NFLN over the last few weeks. What a rags to riches story that guy has!
    If you haven't seen it, check out the feature on the Seahawks that gets shown every day, but to give you the quick version: Poor family - drunk abusive father - son has unrelenting drive to succeed - star football player in HS - homecoming king, etc. - dreams of playing at Notre Dame - mother dies in an accident - graduates at the top of his class - Notre Dame doesn't offer a scholarship - Harvard does (academic) - father sobers up and apologizes/they reconcile - dad, a janitor, makes the trip to every game at Harvard (5 hrs) even though he knows very little about football - Harvard wins the Ivy League - Isaiah is a 4th round draft pick - Goes to mini camp even though he was excused to be at his Harvard graduation - has janitor dad walk with cap and gown in his stead - now a veteran LB with the Seahawks.

I'll probably end up rooting for whoever is behind at any given time so that the end of the game turns out thrilling. Who are you rooting for?
  • dolphinssuck
    • Dec 2005

Re: Who to root for (SB)?

Im pulling for the Steelers just because the road they took to get here. On the road in Cinncy, on the road in Indy, and finally on the in Denver. Thats pretty awesome to go on a 3 game win strek against these teams especially on the road in the POs.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dolphinssuck
      Im pulling for the Steelers just because the road they took to get here. On the road in Cinncy, on the road in Indy, and finally on the in Denver. Thats pretty awesome to go on a 3 game win strek against these teams especially on the road in the POs.
      That's true. They certainly did it the hard way. They went from 6th seed playoff underdog to Super Bowl favorite. Odd how that works.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Im going for the Steelers not only for the road they took but because they are from the AFC and Bill Cowher is one of my fav head coaches.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

I cant stand the Steelers, that being said they are a hell of a team and have a hell of a coach.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

I do like the steelers, but I live in steeler country and dont wanna listen to this crap for a year. so GO SEAHAWKS!

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Keep it in Pennsylvania baby! I do not mind the steelers at all, just some of their arrogant fans.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Seahawks. I always cheer for the team that hasn't won one.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Seahawks. I now hope porter blows a knee.

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

Porter is funny. I love how everyone is hating on him.

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

AFC all the way. I remember when the Bills went to those SB, all my arrogant NFC friends saying how much better the NFC was and the real SB was the NFC championship game. GO STEELERS! The only team I won't root for in the SB from the AFC is the Dolphins.
                      Retired Air Traffic Controller
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Seattle all the way here. I went to college in tha burgh and took sooooo much **** from fricken Stiller fans I hate them! After they won the Championship game I got calls from like 4 buddies down there trashing Buffalo and the Bills.....

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I may hate the Stillers as much as the Jets and Dolphins even.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

I hate the Steelers although I believe they will probably win it.

I'll be rooting for the Hawks...to go back to their old uniforms, lol.

I'm just hoping for a good game.

Comment

• Nublar7
                              • Oct 2004

I will be going for the Seahawks.

Comment

Working...
                              X