PDA

View Full Version : About my Wing Recipie

redeye5
02-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Ok Sportsfans, hope you all get a chance this weekend to make these wings for you and your guests on Super Sunday....Its a simple recipie but the taste is out of this world...So Here Ya Go.....enjoy!

redeye5's famous wing recipie
http://www.shackhawaiikai.com/images/wings.jpg
In a small saucepan combine---Over MEDIUM HEAT---http://www.kitchencollection.com/prodimages/sm133670.jpg
1/2 stick of butter-melted
1 cup "Franks Hotsauce"
2 Tablespoons "Heinze" Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Real Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon "Grandmas" Molasses
2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup of water
1 and a half teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper
Stir it all together, turn the Heat Down to LOW and let it all simmer for 15 minutes
http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/kitchen_appliances/cooking/deep_fryers/images/35030.jpg
Deep fry wings 10 at a time for 10-15 minutes...HINT:
(they Float on top of the oil when they are done)
http://www.ketchapeno.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/wings8.jpg.w240h180.jpg
After draining the wings on paper towels
pour the sauce in a large bowl...dump the wings in there and get ready these wings are the best wings you will ever have made for yourselves...

redeye5
02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
On a related story....
Man dies after chicken wing-eating contest

REGINA - Autopsy results are expected this week in the case of a man who died in a Regina bar after taking part in a spicy chicken wing-eating contest.

The 36-year-old man, whose name was not released, collapsed after participating in the contest at JD's Cafe and Nightspot.

JD's holds an annual contest in which participants try to eat the greatest number of spicy wings.

Following last Friday's event, witnesses said one of the contestants was dragged to the back of the bar. "Everyone thought he was sick or passed out," said Rob Knippelberg.

A spokesperson for the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region said the man was dead by the time paramedics arrived at JD's.

"He had choked. He was unconscious. [He] had no pulse at the site," said Jeff Welke.

JD's manager, who was in the bar when the customer collapsed, called his death "unfortunate."

"I really can't comment on anything until we know the facts," said George Selimos. "The guy got ill and the ambulance came and took him."

Regina police are now awaiting autopsy results before they decide how to proceed with their investigation.

Written by CBC News Online staff

ddaryl
02-03-2006, 03:02 PM
You're recipe has a few tweaks over mine, I'm going ot try yours, I need a tweak

Tatonka
02-04-2006, 06:34 AM
how spicy are these?

since i live in virginia, the closest things to wings we have here is basically hooters.. which i am sure all you buffalo people just laugh at.. but the hottest i can take my wings are the hooters "hot" wings.

anything more than that and i actually sweat while eating.. which just isnt cool at social gatherings.. lol.

Tatonka
02-04-2006, 06:36 AM
btw, i just ordered 3 more bottles of wys wing sauce.. the sweet and tangy stuff is the best stuff i have ever had..

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 06:47 AM
sweet and tangy mild? I've got a gallon of that...probably gonna make some wings up with that later today :hungry:

Tatonka
02-04-2006, 06:51 AM
yeah. that is the stuff.

i will be fixing something for the superbowl party.. but alot of times what i do instead of making wings, is a grill a bunch of chicken breasts.. cut them up into large cubes, and shake them up in the wing sauce.. i eat that on game days alot.. so i might just do that for the superbowl.

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 06:57 AM
there's a lot of times I'll do that as well..had been doing the chicken breasts in wing sauce whole...but I wind up having to add sauce to them..another thing I've tried at tailgates is chicken strips...put some sliced up chicken breast in containers with wing sauce to marinate for a couple of days before you cook them on the grill...they went over real well this year

tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I got my own little recipe for making wings as well. People out here that have never been to NY love it.

I use the franks hot sauce then about half a stick of butter some chilli powder jalepeno juice and vinager. I had to buy a fry daddy to make them as well i don't understand putting them in the oven.

People here think Buffalo Wild Wings is the greatest thing ever. Thier not thier wings are small and the sauce in nasty. I only eat them when i'm at the place watching the games and after about 2 tall boys of labatt blue.

DBrown77
02-04-2006, 04:12 PM
I have introduced buffalo wings to friends down here in Charlotte and South Carolina. They love them and make them all the time now. They have "Hot Wings" down here and they just have a spicy coating on them no sauce. Except for South End Taven on the Tracks a Bills Backer bar - they have awesome wings.

When I first moved here i went to a chain restaurant called Midtown Sundries and they had wings. The menu said Authentic Buffalo Wings, the best south of Buffalo. So on the menu they desribed how they are made and the last line says, "baked to perfection." I almost died

Typ0
02-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Wys sauce is good and it's already prepared so you don't have to do anything with it...me, I just mix up a bunch of stuff that's around the house when I make wings. I like them really hot and love the jalapeno's chopped in them.

TypicalBill
02-04-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm not sharing my recipe, sorry.

lordofgun
02-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm not sharing my recipe, sorry.
I hear Kuwaitis dip their wings in crude.

TypicalBill
02-04-2006, 09:41 PM
I hear Kuwaitis dip their wings in crude.

:handball:

muestafa1
02-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Redeye5, just want to thank you for the awesome recipe... I made your wing sauce yesterday for my superbowl party and also had Franks Hot Sauce branded Wing sauce as an alternative. In a triple-blind, random, placebo, etc. study everyone liked your sauce the best!

Thanks for making a bunch of Western New York wing lovers happy!

:bow:

BidsJr
02-06-2006, 09:29 PM
On a related story....
Man dies after chicken wing-eating contest

When I was in high school here in Atlanta, a local wing place used to have a big board with the record # of wings eaten in one sitting. So WITHOUT beer I had 128 wings in one sitting to capture the record. At that time I weighed about 170lbs noone believed it lol. I was so sick the next day I had to stay home from school, and it took me about 3 years before I could eat another wing.