tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Go figure

No art monk again i think thats bull as well

billsburgh
02-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Go figure

No art monk again i think thats bull as well
I heard something this past week about Peter King doing all he can to keep Art Monk out. Does anyone know why this is? Monk deserves to be in.

tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 01:28 PM
I heard something this past week about Peter King doing all he can to keep Art Monk out. Does anyone know why this is? Monk deserves to be in.

Peter King is fat piece of dog dung and he doesn't deserve to be a voter. He needs to just go and concentrate on eating donuts

YardRat
02-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Thurman deserved it over Aikman and Carson, at least, IMO.

I don't remember Wright being all that dominant during his tenure in the league.

Madden sucks. He probably deserves to go, but.....

tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Thurman deserved it over Aikman and Carson, at least, IMO.

I don't remember Wright being all that dominant during his tenure in the league.

Madden sucks. He probably deserves to go, but.....

I can handle aikman he wasn't horrible

But thurm was definatlly more deserving then moon.

I'm still listening and it's all about him being the first black QB to go into the hall and i guarantie that wasa big point.

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 01:46 PM
The positive is that Thurman and Madden aren't going in together...and I don't have to listen to that windbag Madden give an hour-long speech :ill:

Philagape
02-04-2006, 01:46 PM
There's only one reason why Moon gets in over Thurman ... :whistle:

Sportsuser101
02-04-2006, 02:11 PM
This is bull. How do guys like Carson, Madden, even Moon get in before Thurman and Monk? Thats absolutely amazing. Heck everybody on TV that did their predictions had Aikman, White & Thurman as the only 3 locks. Thats a disgrace.

imbondz
02-04-2006, 02:33 PM
There's only one reason why Moon gets in over Thurman ... :whistle:

why?

kgun12
02-04-2006, 02:38 PM
People that for for the hall remember the bad stuff over the good stuff most of the time. They look at stats yes, but it is the negitive things that stick in the heads. Two things probably hurt Thruman for a first time entry.

1. His fumble in the last SB against Dallas, it was a turning point in the game. I remember the TV cameras showing Thomas with his head in his hands, teammates trying to get him back in the game. He never recovered in that game.

2. Losing his helmet for the first play.

Yes he should have been a first ballot, but look on the bright side, he might go in next year with Andre, him and I think Smith is up next year.

footballhottie
02-04-2006, 02:45 PM
that sb fumble was bad im glad he didnt make it

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 02:47 PM
that sb fumble was bad im glad he didnt make it
He had a great, HOF worthy career. Other HOF players have had bad plays in games before

Marvelous
02-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Thurman is a traitor! Am i the only one who remembers that he refused to take a pay cut to be the backup?? Maybe because i live in south fl i noticed it more. ESP all the Phinfans with their Thurman jerseys etc... He was hands down my all time favorite until he did that... And every Phinfans laughs knowing they tainted our hero....

*++Thurm is a dumb@ss to go to miami anyways because he was a legend in Buffalo. I assume many western New Yorkers are still as bitter as me...?

tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Today has just been a crappy day overall :(

footballhottie
02-04-2006, 03:39 PM
He had a great, HOF worthy career. Other HOF players have had bad plays in games before yeah but phil if it wasnt for him and norwood ****ing up we might have 2 superbowl wins under our belt. Im watching th superbowls right now, its pretty fresh in my mind.

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Norwood did not **** up...I take it you didn't watch that special on ESPN the other night...a 47 yard FG is no gimme for any kicker...especially on grass

kgun12
02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Thurman is a traitor! Am i the only one who remembers that he refused to take a pay cut to be the backup?? Maybe because i live in south fl i noticed it more. ESP all the Phinfans with their Thurman jerseys etc... He was hands down my all time favorite until he did that... And every Phinfans laughs knowing they tainted our hero....

*++Thurm is a dumb@ss to go to miami anyways because he was a legend in Buffalo. I assume many western New Yorkers are still as bitter as me...?

Careful, don't say anything bad about certain players past or present, some people just don't want to remember anything bad when it comes to certain players!

BTW I agree with you, not about being a traitor, just will not forgive him. This is what I wrote on this subject in another thread:

I went to Jim's and Marv's, but I won't go to Thurman's induction. I will always like and remember what he did for the Bills, but when he sign with the Fins, that I can't except. He will always be one of the best Bills in history, but I will never forgive him for playing for the Fins.

Let me explain, I had season tickets to the Bills for 7 years starting in 1989. I watch every game Thomas played inhome and away. I loved how he was a Dolphin killer and the way he talked the week before the Miami game, they really was a rival to him. I enjoyed his play more! When Thomas scored he would just hand the ball to the ref, except for Miami games. He would always celebrate these TD more, down in Miami he would throw the ball a the painted Dolphin or at a sign in the stadium. I am old school, and that is the part of free agencey I can even except. He could have gone to any other team except maybe Dallas and I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it was Miami. I will always remember how he play with such a passion for the game and hatred of the Dolphins and what he did for the team and city. I hope he makes it into the Hall, I will watch on TV, but can't bring myself to go to Canton.

BTW This way you and ICE74129 have something else that you can agree on! lol

dolphinssuck
02-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Two very deserving players were definitely over looked Thurman and Art both should be in. I know Troy has the rings but come on Thurman and Art both had great careers and keep getting overlooked I agree its BULL!

Marvelous
02-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Careful, don't say anything bad about certain players past or present, some people just don't want to remember anything bad when it comes to certain players!

BTW I agree with you, not about being a traitor, just will not forgive him. This is what I wrote on this subject in another thread:

I went to Jim's and Marv's, but I won't go to Thurman's induction. I will always like and remember what he did for the Bills, but when he sign with the Fins, that I can't except. He will always be one of the best Bills in history, but I will never forgive him for playing for the Fins.

Let me explain, I had season tickets to the Bills for 7 years starting in 1989. I watch every game Thomas played inhome and away. I loved how he was a Dolphin killer and the way he talked the week before the Miami game, they really was a rival to him. I enjoyed his play more! When Thomas scored he would just hand the ball to the ref, except for Miami games. He would always celebrate these TD more, down in Miami he would throw the ball a the painted Dolphin or at a sign in the stadium. I am old school, and that is the part of free agencey I can even except. He could have gone to any other team except maybe Dallas and I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it was Miami. I will always remember how he play with such a passion for the game and hatred of the Dolphins and what he did for the team and city. I hope he makes it into the Hall, I will watch on TV, but can't bring myself to go to Canton.

BTW This way you and ICE74129 have something else that you can agree on! lol

I don't care what fans with a blind eye think. He did say " screw you buffalo" when he signed in Miami.. Miami fans ran with it.. We were yet again the laughing stock!!!! No way can i forgive him for that..NEVER!

Typ0
02-04-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't care what fans with a blind eye think. He did say " screw you buffalo" when he signed in Miami.. Miami fans ran with it.. We were yet again the laughing stock!!!! No way can i forgive him for that..NEVER!

another rediculous statement....the Bills were the ones that said screw you thurman.

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 05:47 PM
another rediculous statement....the Bills were the ones that said screw you thurman.
yeah...rather pathetic that he had to learn he was cut by watching ESPN's BottomLine SportsTicker :down:

Historian
02-04-2006, 06:03 PM
People that for for the hall remember the bad stuff over the good stuff most of the time. They look at stats yes, but it is the negitive things that stick in the heads. Two things probably hurt Thruman for a first time entry.

1. His fumble in the last SB against Dallas, it was a turning point in the game. I remember the TV cameras showing Thomas with his head in his hands, teammates trying to get him back in the game. He never recovered in that game.

2. Losing his helmet for the first play.

Yes he should have been a first ballot, but look on the bright side, he might go in next year with Andre, him and I think Smith is up next year.

I had hoped that as time passed, the sentimental side of the voters would win out, as most look back on that Buffalo team and consider going to four almost as good as winning one.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

And perhaps rightly so. The guy did go to the fish. Perhaps he's getting his just desserts for that.

imbondz
02-04-2006, 06:04 PM

exactly. he wanted to end his career in buffalo

Typ0
02-04-2006, 06:27 PM
I had hoped that as time passed, the sentimental side of the voters would win out, as most look back on that Buffalo team and consider going to four almost as good as winning one.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

And perhaps rightly so. The guy did go to the fish. Perhaps he's getting his just desserts for that.

going to four in a row comparing to winning one is such a homey statement. The fact is the Bills have not won a superbowl. That does not minimize the accomplishment of making it four consecutive years but saying it's like winning one is grasping at straws.

DynaPaul
02-04-2006, 06:35 PM

Well apparently they seemed to have forgotten about all of Warren Moon's fumbles. He dropped the rock quite often.

And he beat his wife up.

Philagape
02-04-2006, 07:14 PM
going to four in a row comparing to winning one is such a homey statement. The fact is the Bills have not won a superbowl. That does not minimize the accomplishment of making it four consecutive years but saying it's like winning one is grasping at straws.

Better than Moon, who never went at all

Night Train
02-04-2006, 07:19 PM
He would have been lost in the shuffle this year. Look at the bright side. Next year, the only 1st timer worth inducting is Guard Bruce Matthews. I don't have the list I read but Thurman TOWERS over the rest.

Next year, Thurman headlines.

Chin up.

imbondz
02-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Moon deserves it, but not if there's only one spot left, and it's between Moon & Thurman. Thurman should get it before him everytime.

Marvelous
02-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Butler didn't say " screw you" Thurman was hummiliated that he wasn't #1 and refused a significant pay cut. at that point he was only worth vet minimum maybe a tad more if he woulda been willing to mentor ant smith... W/E i'm waaaay past considering any other oppinion for this traitor!

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 08:48 PM
One...he was mentoring Antowain Smith his first 3 years in the league. Hell, he was his coach Antowain's rookie year when Elijah Pitts took ill
Two...not telling Thurman he was cut was definitely a "screw you"

tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah not telling thurm he was cut was wrong.

I wasn't happy when he signed with the dollfins but i'm not gonna hold it against him. He did to much good for the franchise. He really didn't do anything in miami. I think he just wanted to play some more but then after the year in miami he realized he needed to retire.

Atleast he and the bills made up and he retired a bill. I mean i was more mad at the organization for cutting reed, smith, and thomas. It just felt weired to see reed and smith in a redskins uniform as well as seeing thurm in a miami uniform.

I can't say i don't blame him for going to miami. Heck i don't even know if that was the only team that offered him a contract.

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Part of me can't completely blame him...he gets screwed over by the team he played his guts out for for 12 years...not even told he was cut...had to see the news on ESPN..so he wanted a measure of revenge and went to the Bills' biggest rival. It sickened me to see him in those :limp: putrid colors, but given how he was treated...I couldn't hate him for it

kgun12
02-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Well apparently they seemed to have forgotten about all of Warren Moon's fumbles. He dropped the rock quite often.

And he beat his wife up.

Your right! I just hope it doesn't take them as long to forget about Thomas's mistakes. Look I think he should have made it, I just think that the people that vote for this thing remember the bad and not the good! You have to admit if you remember the game, that was the turning point and rather than come back and play harder Thomas kind of quit!

billsburgh
02-04-2006, 11:15 PM
The positive is that Thurman and Madden aren't going in together...and I don't have to listen to that windbag Madden give an hour-long speech :ill:
good point Phil

PUCKER
02-05-2006, 12:26 AM
BULLCRAP! What a ripoff! :mad:

Historian
02-05-2006, 07:43 AM

Perhaps....but we're talking about a guy making the HOF here.

Just remember, to accomplish that feat, you have to win a lot of games over a four year span. That was 49 regular season and 9 playoff for Buffalo. (And that's just the years they actually made the big game!)

All I'm saying, is that it's been 12 years since they last played in a SB, and given the FA situation, expansion, etc, I've actually seen sportswriters and tv guys start to praise what the Bills did, most commenting that it will never happen again, that's all.

And just for the record, I thought Thomas was way better than Sanders. Sanders was a gifted runner, and played on a crappy team, but like a candyass, he quit in his prime.

And no running back had Thurman's hands...none ever.

The_Philster
02-05-2006, 08:22 AM
no running back had Thurman's hands...none ever.a case could be made for Marcus Allen

Historian
02-05-2006, 12:24 PM
a case could be made for Marcus Allen

He may have had soft hands, but he was no Thurman.

There are certainly some great pass catching backs, ie, Byers, Centers, etc...but what set TT apart from them was his ability to line up at WR and run a post or a fly pattern, and still come up with the ball. Ive watched football for almost 40 years, and never saw a back with wr instincts like that. (Then he would trot back to the huddle and take a handoff for 12 or 13 on the next play!)

Whereas the other guys were mainly screen pass receivers coming out of the backfield.

So It's in that respect that I think he got shafted.

HAMMER
02-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Who cares, I have no allegiance to any man that would go to the arch-enemy. No matter what he did for the Bills.

kgun12
02-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Perhaps....but we're talking about a guy making the HOF here.

And no running back had Thurman's hands...none ever.

You could make a case for Roger Craig when taking about hands.

Yrs Rec Yrds Avg. TD

Roger Craig 7 508 4442 8.7 16

T. Thomas 13 472 4458 9.4 23

I think Craig has 2-3 SB rings.

AngryTeste
02-05-2006, 03:56 PM
This is bull. How do guys like Carson, Madden, even Moon get in before Thurman and Monk? Thats absolutely amazing. Heck everybody on TV that did their predictions had Aikman, White & Thurman as the only 3 locks. Thats a disgrace.

Moon leads all quarterbacks in yards if you include his carrer in Canada. And even if you don't...the numbers are staggering.

Thomas will never be a HOF'er. Good back with superior surrounding cast. But can't remember to pack his helmet for the Superbowl...

Historian
02-05-2006, 06:59 PM
You could make a case for Roger Craig when taking about hands.

Yrs Rec Yrds Avg. TD

Roger Craig 7 508 4442 8.7 16

T. Thomas 13 472 4458 9.4 23

I think Craig has 2-3 SB rings.

Great back...good out of the backfield.

I never saw him run a fly pattern though.

kgun12
02-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Great back...good out of the backfield.

I never saw him run a fly pattern though.

:scratch: And no running back had Thurman's hands...none ever.

I was responding to this quote. I'm not going to get into what back run what routes. I'm looking at STATS. Craig gained 16 yards LESS in SIX LESS seasons! I'm not saying Thomas shouldn't be in the HOF, but reacting to

"And no running back had Thurman's hands...none ever." What would Craig have done with SIX more seasons? :question:

G. Host
02-05-2006, 07:18 PM
:scratch: And no running back had Thurman's hands...none ever.

I was responding to this quote. I'm not going to get into what back run what routes. I'm looking at STATS. Craig gained 16 yards LESS in SIX LESS seasons! I'm not saying Thomas shouldn't be in the HOF, but reacting to

"And no running back had Thurman's hands...none ever." What would Craig have done with SIX more seasons? :question:

But that all depends on style of offense you play and quality of players around you. Marino had lots and lots of throwing yards but that was all the offenses could do.

kgun12
02-05-2006, 07:22 PM
But that all depends on style of offense you play and quality of players around you. Marino had lots and lots of throwing yards but that was all the offenses could do.

AGAIN responding to the quote "And no running back had Thurman's hands...none ever." Clearly Craig would have blown him away for the title and maybe he did?

Bert102176
02-05-2006, 09:51 PM
even Emmitt Smith thinks Thurman should have been in, and it just shows that the Bills and their players get screwed over again

kgun12
02-05-2006, 10:00 PM
even Emmitt Smith thinks Thurman should have been in, and it just shows that the Bills and their players get screwed over again

Yes T. Thomas should be in, but be caful, he thinks the criminal Irving should be in also.