PDA

View Full Version : You guys are idiots. Fletcher is the PERFECT LB for the Cover 2 defense.

pintonick96
02-04-2006, 04:46 PM
How the **** does anyone think London Fletcher is getting replaced? First off, we're NOT taking AJ Hawk, so shut the **** up. AJ Hawk was a good player, but we have decent LBs right now and its not a need position.

Secondly, London Fletcher is the perfect ****ing LB for a Cover 2. He's small and fast. Tampa Bay's LBs, SMALL AND FAST. Anyone who thinks he isnt a fit for us is a ****ing ******. I ran the Cover 2 defense in High School. You need SMALL AND QUICK LBs. Im ****ing sick of you dumb ****s thinking that we need AJ Hawk, CAUSE WE DONT.

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2006, 04:52 PM
How do you really feel?

gr8slayer
02-04-2006, 05:30 PM
I couldnt agree more.

SquishDaFish
02-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I too agree completly. Every Bills fan complains all the time we need to concentrate on the lines 1st! Now everyone wants a LB?? Even though I think he will be great we NEED OL and DL NOW!

Typ0
02-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Here is how I see it. All teams have needs but these guys taken in the first round make the most $$$. We pay scouts and talent evaluators...it doesn't matter who it is when you pick in the first round you take the player your organization believes is the best player available.

Philagape
02-04-2006, 05:41 PM
I have no problem with Fletcher.

Crisis
02-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Fletcher isn't the problem on defense.

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Fletcher isn't the problem on defense.
DT is the major problem we have left....now that we aren't dealing with Gray's putrid schemes

Typ0
02-04-2006, 06:00 PM
I thought a LOT was asked of Fletcher last season and he delivered. It's sad to see the hatred towards him...those kinds of attitudes are the ones that cause problems in this organizations plight to acquire and keep talent here.

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Well said, Typ0 :bf1:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Typ0 again.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dolphinssuck
02-04-2006, 06:18 PM
I thought a LOT was asked of Fletcher last season and he delivered. It's sad to see the hatred towards him...those kinds of attitudes are the ones that cause problems in this organizations plight to acquire and keep talent here.:bf1: Good post

tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I don't hate fletcher at all i like his play. I'm simply stating that a possible replacement needs to be picked. Look he's 30 right now and he will be 31 when the season starts.

If we don't get hawk so what. Whats this crap about hawk was a good player? When the bills drafted WM everyone was like :wtf: You take the best guy on the board.

I'm not starting a cut fletcher party or anything but drafting someone who will be able to play for him. When he either A goes somewhere elese alah FA in the next year or two or B the bills just release him for some reason. Whats wrong with a back up plan. I say if hawk isn't there fine i don't care. But if the 2nd rd comes along and carpener is there then take him.

Good for you and your cover 2 knowledge but this isn't High school

I also don't appreciate being called a ****ing ****** cause my opinion differs from yours

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 06:22 PM
TD's not here anymore...we can't ignore obvious needs to get a flashy name..MLB is not a need by any stretch of the imagination

ICE74129
02-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Fletcher = Tons of heart, Just no wheels to back it up. And BTW, some of those kissing his jockstrap now were demanding he be traded this time last year after an 04 season in which he cost us in stupid penalties, getting beat in pass routes etc.

justasportsfan
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
He's a Marv Levy type of guy. Great character and good leader. I say Marv keeps him.

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2006, 07:45 PM
He's a Marv Levy type of guy. Great character and good leader. I say Marv keeps him.
I agree completely.

pintonick96
02-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Fletcher = Tons of heart, Just no wheels to back it up. And BTW, some of those kissing his jockstrap now were demanding he be traded this time last year after an 04 season in which he cost us in stupid penalties, getting beat in pass routes etc.

London Fletcher is the heart and soul of the Bills D. He has the wheels. You dont become a slow LB if your only 5'9" in the NFL. He has speed. Romanowski played until his late 30s, as did alot of LBs. He's fine where he is.

I don't hate fletcher at all i like his play. I'm simply stating that a possible replacement needs to be picked. Look he's 30 right now and he will be 31 when the season starts.

If we don't get hawk so what. Whats this crap about hawk was a good player? When the bills drafted WM everyone was like :wtf: You take the best guy on the board.

I'm not starting a cut fletcher party or anything but drafting someone who will be able to play for him. When he either A goes somewhere elese alah FA in the next year or two or B the bills just release him for some reason. Whats wrong with a back up plan. I say if hawk isn't there fine i don't care. But if the 2nd rd comes along and carpener is there then take him.

Good for you and your cover 2 knowledge but this isn't High school

I also don't appreciate being called a ****ing ****** cause my opinion differs from yours

I would have used my college football experience but we ran the Baltimore Ravens defense which is a hybrid defense. Its a little more complicated, so you wouldnt get it. Hawk is not getting drafted by the Bills. Yes we took McGahee with a pick when he wasnt a need position, and I dont see any Super Bowl rings on his fingers now, so maybe taking a need position is what we were gonna do.

tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Honestly i don't care if we draft hawk or don't draft hawk

I just would like to see the bills be competitive again. I just have a soft spot for hawk cause i have watched him here in columbus for the past four years.

I don't know much about this new defense but everything i have read is that it will favor the bills in the long run. I know we need a solid DT and anthor solid DE. We could also use a young safety as well.

The only thing i am against is drafting a O-lineman at #8 i just don't think that would be a good move.

TigerJ
02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
I like Fletcher. Always have. I think he probably has a few years left that he's capable of starting. He is a good middle linebacker for the cover two. Brian Urlacher of the Bears is faster and can cover the pass better than Fletcher, but Fletcher will not be a liability. Upgrade the line before you worry about the backers, Marv, and Posey should be the first LB to go.

YardRat
02-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Fletcher will stay, and start, but I can't say for certain whether or not he's the perfect fit for a cover-2 defense. Has he ever played it before?

feelthepain
02-04-2006, 10:53 PM
You guys are idiots

Yeah!!!!!!!!

pintonick96
02-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I know nobody's oing to want to hear it, but Posey could perform well as the Sam linebacker. The Sam(strong) LB plays close to the line and rushes the passer. It could suit Posey well. He seems like a guy who could be good in a certain system.