PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch OTL this morning

tat2dmike77
02-05-2006, 01:34 PM
The show was discussing how the super bowl whould be played in all weather conditions. They had players from the old days on there saying that weather is part of the game and should not be taken out of it.

The part that bugged me was this the Chiefs owner lamar hunt said that the AFC and NFC title games should also be played in nuetrial sites as well. Cause it's unfair for teams to play in the cold that arn't used to it. He used the Freezer game Cincy Vrs San Diego in 80 or 81 i dunno. The wind chill was -59 and the wind was a factor cause SD relied so heavily on the pass.

You know what it is. It's pure BS if your team is good then your gonna win. I mean it's not like just cause you come to buffalo to play a playoff game that the bills players are not cold either. Where hunt comes off saying that the conference games should be nuetrual i dunno. I mean i thought that was the point to getting homefield ADVANTAGE but i guess it's only fair if your in a dome or in a decent climate.

I thought a comment made by one of the older guys was funny he said of let's play in the dome where's it's nice and comfortable and let's have all colleges play in domes hell lets even have High School and pop warner play in domes. Lets even have assitants come over and wipe the sweat off players forehead in case they get to hot. But that wouldn't be football.

The NFL reps said that they wouldn't rule out a cold weather non dome city hosting a super bowl. I think they should it might give citys more of a incentive to build a stadium for them. A dome on a stadium can cost anywhere from 300 to 500 million dollars. If the NFL wants to do the right thing then i say play the super bowl in a cold weather stadium. I don't care where Foxboro, Giants stadium, The best though would be Lambeau field.

ICE74129
02-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Agreed. Play that puppy in Green Bay. Early Feb, nasty weather. Good football! Did you see the snow detroit got overnight? Something like 6-8"? Now THAT would be a game!

tat2dmike77
02-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah it would be.

But because the NFL makes money from all the corporate sponser there they want them to be pampered