• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

No Class

Ignoring the Rob Johnson issue, Gannon's rubber arm, Oakland's pathetic play calling and the horrendous officiating...

Tampa Bay showed no class. Last week against Philly and tonight against Oakland, they had their "Champions" hats on before time even expired. True, both of the games were already over, but show some respect for the other team. It's just embarrassing to see that kind of attitude. Also, the DB should have kneed that last interception- all he did was run up the score and try to get himself on the highlight reel. He already had 3 INT's and his team had a 20-point win- why rub it in their face?

I didn't want to see Rob get a ring and I hate Keyshawn- I used to like the Buc's D but this just made me sick.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Buffarama
    Football-Sport of the Gods
    • Jul 2002

No one is going to knee a TD INT in the Super bowl. C'mon.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

with two seconds left? he was just trying to embarass them- maybe I'm being idealistic, but this is the cocky attitude that causes so many people hate pro athletes.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bert102176
        • Aug 2002

I didn't mind their additude as much as I hated the crappy officiating.
        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

The officiating was horrible as usual. This was an allstar crew? What a joke!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

The only relief I can take in the bad officiating is that Buffalo's not the only team getting screwed. I'm not sure if it would have changed the outcome, but the SB officiating crew should be the best and they made at least 4 major mistakes:

1. The early fumble by the Bucs that was overturned- but it cost the Bucs a replay. Clearly it wasn't a fumble.
            2. The 2-pt conversion for the Raiders where the receiver was pushed out
            3. Not telling the Raiders that they could not challenge that call and wasting one of their timeouts
            4. that ridiculous pass interference call on Woodson

Did I leave any out?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Maybe the league will be forced to do something about the officiating now that millions saw how bad it could be. Then again, that probably makes too much sense
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dolfan25
                Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
                • Jul 2002

Re: No Class

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Ignoring the Rob Johnson issue, Gannon's rubber arm, Oakland's pathetic play calling and the horrendous officiating...

Tampa Bay showed no class. Last week against Philly and tonight against Oakland, they had their "Champions" hats on before time even expired. True, both of the games were already over, but show some respect for the other team. It's just embarrassing to see that kind of attitude. Also, the DB should have kneed that last interception- all he did was run up the score and try to get himself on the highlight reel. He already had 3 INT's and his team had a 20-point win- why rub it in their face?

I didn't want to see Rob get a ring and I hate Keyshawn- I used to like the Buc's D but this just made me sick.

This made you sick?

I'd find it more offensive for him to kneel when he can clearly get a touchdown. If you're going to try and score on me which the Raiders were doing by passing the ball after the outcome was decided then if you make a mistake I'm going to capitalize on it. Who the hell thought this guy would make a big play in this game, let him enjoy his limelight. It's supposed to be fun too you know.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Re: Re: No Class

Originally posted by dolfan25

This made you sick?

I'd find it more offensive for him to kneel when he can clearly get a touchdown. If you're going to try and score on me which the Raiders were doing by passing the ball after the outcome was decided then if you make a mistake I'm going to capitalize on it. Who the hell thought this guy would make a big play in this game, let him enjoy his limelight. It's supposed to be fun too you know.
                  I agree with a fin fan?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Re: Re: No Class

Originally posted by dolfan25

This made you sick?

well there's plenty of ways to have fun without rubbing it in the other team's face. Maybe the champagne in the locker room, dumping Gatorade on the coach and a call from the President aren't fun enough. You'd think 3 INTS and the Vince Lombardi trophy would be enough limelight, but I guess he needed that 6 to boost his self esteem.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

and what about wearing the champions hats before the game ended? That's just plain wrong, even if the game is over for all practical purposes. Show some class and some respect for the other team- you won, you're the champs, you get to party, no need to rub it in.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dolfan25
                        • Jul 2002

You think the NFL has anything to do with the hats? I'm sure the last thing on the players mind is to put on a champion hat or find a champion hat. Hey they worked hard and won a championship they're feeling euphoric and jubilant at being World Champions. At this time if some NFL official hands you a hat saying you're the Super Bowl Champion even though the game isn't technically over do you think you'd have the presence of mind to say "hmm maybe I shouldn't wear this" Please, these are human beings finally experiencing the pinnacle of their profession, expecting presence of mind at this time is somewhat unrealistic.

If you want to blame anyone blame the NFL for letting these hats get out before the end of the game so that they can capitalize on Bucs fans enthusiasm so they'll pay probably around 25 bucks for a hat which if the Fins won a SB I would buy, and I'm sure if the Bills won a SB almost everyone on this board would buy or a great deal of them would buy them.

As they say-"To the victors go the spoils"

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Blame the NFL, the Bucs, the hat company- whomever you want. The point is they shouldn't have them until the clock runs out, and I think the NFL (and all other major sports) should make a rule to prevent this kind of embarrassment. I'm not objecting to the hats being there, I'm just saying keep it behind the scenes until that final tick.

I'm sure they're very excited- they're whole lives have been building to this moment, but that doesn't give them an excuse to show up the other team. The losing team was within inches of that same pinnacle, only to see it pulled from their grasp. The winning team WON- that's insulting enough- there's no need to make them feel worse about it by running up points and flaunting the apparel before it's official.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dolfan25
                            • Jul 2002

No offense but I didn't think that people who are this sensitive watched football. I thought they sat at the beach watching sunsets and listening to their Yanni albums.

Bottomline. The NFL wants them to wear those hats as soon as the outcome has been decided. More free advertising on a Network Station and more money in their already large enough war chest.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                              • Jul 2002

If it were the Bills with the oportunity to score all those "unecessary" points.. I'd say "GO FOR IT!". The more points the better.

Other than that... I don't think I can deal with anything else right now.... I agreed with log on something earlier this week and now a dolphin fan.

Originally posted by notacon
                              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
                              X