PDA

View Full Version : This game almost makes me want to quit watching pro ball

ICE74129
02-05-2006, 09:06 PM
I have never seen a game where the refs screwed a team. Believe what you want, but I had steeler fans over that said the same thing. They saw it as well.

First off the BS pushing off penalty to stop Seattle from getting 7. That was the weakest assed bull SH@! I have ever seen. Tons of phantom holds, and other BS.

the NFL wanted Bettis to get his ring, and he did.

Ralph better start kissing some NFL ass or we will never see a SB again let alone win one.

Kerr
02-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Yep. I can't believe I wasted three hours watching this ****. Seattle got a-r.

AndreReed83
02-05-2006, 09:10 PM
I agree Ice... it gets tough coming back to the NFL each season when it becomes more and more apparent each year that the big game is fixed.

ICE74129
02-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Yep. I can't believe I wasted three hours watching this ****. Seattle got a-r.

And the thing is, it's so obvious. It was blatant as hell and they didn't care. And what can holmgren or any of the hawks say?

ICE74129
02-05-2006, 09:12 PM
I agree Ice... it gets tough coming back to the NFL each season when it becomes more and more apparent each year that the big game is fixed.

The used Bettis being back home the entire two weeks as a theme. No way in hell do they let him not get it IN Detroit. Had this been played in Miami, New Orleans, the Rose bowl....Seattle wins.

kgun12
02-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Crap in the pass interference call was bad, but the rest was right!!! I think some of you need a break from football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICE74129
02-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh Bull SH@!. Ben was NOT in. Not even close and they 'just gave it to them'. Remember those words in New England? Seattle just got it 'given to them' (Ie Bend over)

Kerr
02-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Crap in the pass interference call was bad, but the rest was right!!! I think some of you need a break from football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're telling me that holding call on locklear was correct? Riiight.

SquishDaFish
02-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Gice it a break man. There was a couple bad calls yes. The TD wasnt reversed because of Inconclusive evidence. If Jeramy Stephens didnt drop those few passes Seattle would of made it a game at the end.

Devin
02-05-2006, 09:17 PM
horrible game.

Novacane
02-05-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm pissed and I don't even care about Seattle. If this had happened to the Bills I would be going balistic.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2006, 09:18 PM
1) Ben calls a timeout when play clock is at Zero and no penalty is called.

2) Hasselbeck makes a tackle and get a penalty for blocking below the waist.

3) Seattle completes a pass to the Steelers 2 yard line and a B.S. holding penalty is called.

4) Alexander gets horse-collard by Porter. No flag

5) Ben wasn't in for that Touchdown.

6) Jackson Touchdown should never of had a penalty called on it.

7) Hines Ward pushes off and doesn;t get called.

8) Stevens makes a catch and fumbles and the Refs call it incomplete.

The Refs. suck.

Novacane
02-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Gice it a break man. There was a couple bad calls yes. .

Theres always a couple bad calls in everygame. Unfortunately they were game changing calls in this game.

ICE74129
02-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Hell even TD gets it.

SquishDaFish
02-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Im not disagreeing with ya. There was some bad calls gamechanging ones. But Jeramy Stephans should be a big goat for them he dropped some key catches.

Novacane
02-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Im not disagreeing with ya. There was some bad calls gamechanging ones. But Jeramy Stephans should be a big goat for them he dropped some key catches.

HE sucks. It looked like he almost dropped the TD pass

feelthepain
02-05-2006, 09:27 PM
I have never seen a game where the refs screwed a team. Believe what you want, but I had steeler fans over that said the same thing. They saw it as well.

First off the BS pushing off penalty to stop Seattle from getting 7. That was the weakest assed bull SH@! I have ever seen. Tons of phantom holds, and other BS.

Ralph better start kissing some NFL ass or we will never see a SB again let alone win one.

If thats true why did the Colts almost win their game against the Steelers with the calls in that game?? Stop it with the conspiracy crap. I agree the refs blew some calls, but for you to imply it was rigged is just plain dumb!!

ICE74129
02-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Stephens aside, the refs screwed the hawks and there is no way around it

ICE74129
02-05-2006, 09:28 PM
If thats true why did the Colts almost win their game against the Steelers with the calls in that game?? Stop it with the conspiracy crap. I agree the refs blew some calls, but for you to imply it was rigged is just plain dumb!!

The truth was more than obvious tonight.

hammerbillsfan
02-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Worst Super Bowl ever. :boring:

SquishDaFish
02-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Nah SF-CINCI worst one ever.

Bill Cody
02-05-2006, 09:33 PM
These group of refs won't be working any more Super Bowls any time soon. About as brutal a reffed game as I can remember. No wonder Holmgren wouldn't shake hands. I don't believe it was fixed though any more than I believe JP skips his 10 yard passes on purpose.:(

jpdex12
02-05-2006, 09:36 PM

3) Seattle completes a pass to the Steelers 2 yard line and a B.S. holding penalty is called.

The Refs. suck.

Reebok, Nike and all of those other big name companies sell more appearel when the more popular team wins. Not saying this was rigged but take a look back in time at how much the more popular teams won.

ICE74129
02-05-2006, 09:37 PM

Ok where the hell did you get the bouncing chick?

Novacane
02-05-2006, 09:39 PM
I want to believe it was just imcompetent refs over being fixed but a game like this sure makes you wonder

imbondz
02-05-2006, 09:39 PM
i can think of 4 others that sucked worse

Novacane
02-05-2006, 09:42 PM
i can think of 4 others that sucked worse

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bert102176
02-05-2006, 09:43 PM
yeah the game was BS I was pissed when they said Big Ben had crossed the goal line when he was actually short

The_Philster
02-05-2006, 09:45 PM
yeah the game was BS I was pissed when they said Big Ben had crossed the goal line when he was actually short
you need to watch the replays better...or at all..the tip of the ball got over the goalline...he was in

helmetguy
02-05-2006, 09:46 PM
you need to watch the replays better...or at all..the tip of the ball got over the goalline...he was in
His wrist crossed, but not the ball.

mikemac2001
02-05-2006, 09:47 PM
It was just to hard to even watch, it seemed any time seahawks were doing anything there was a penalty againist them. it seemed the colts were the team they wanted to win then once steelers got threw that ref job they decided to go with them, kinda sucked. i was hoping they would call hassleback's fumble a fumble i would have just laughed. it was just bad

CuseJetsFan83
02-05-2006, 09:49 PM
horrible calls!!!

i mean granted i rooted for pittsburgh to win... but that horrid pushoff......... the stupid "blocking below the waist" on hte hasselback tackle, could they show any more bias with the steelers?

granted im glad they won, but man not like that!!

Spiderweb
02-05-2006, 10:58 PM

Did you write something?.......Oh, I was momentarily mesmerized by your bouncing babe....sorry.

AndreReed83
02-05-2006, 11:11 PM
I thought the worst Superbowl ever was the Giants-Ravens.

DaBills
02-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I didn’t have high-def to see it, but it looked like his glove was in front of the ball and broke the plane, but I couldn’t see any brown go over.

Moot point. Ben's TD/no-td didn’t do them in. The ticky-tac push-off in the endzone negating their TD did. Even Steve Young said it, that was how Michael Irvin made his living all those years, pushing off guys. I think that threw them off from that point.

Did Holmgren even shake Cowher's hand after the game? Maybe he did and I missed it. I mean, with all the ABC camera shots of Jerome’s parents crying being shown instead, anything’s possible.

;-p

Steelers are the new Pats.

dplus47
02-06-2006, 01:33 AM
i haven't been agreeing with you often lately, ice, but you're right about this one. i wasn't particularly rooting for either team (i like members of both teams and all that) and i had no money riding on it. i felt ripped off by the time it was over. when the 'hawks got that first-and-goal at the 2 (which was soon to be nullified), i said to my friends, "yeah, give it up for some fourth quarter lead changes!" and then the yellow flags (terrible towels?) started flying...

dplus47
02-06-2006, 01:36 AM

strangest thing about that play was the ref walking over to roethlisberger with his hand up, ready to signal "fourth down." he then changed his mind AFTER THE PLAY. if he thought he was down when he started running over to the DOWNED pittsburgh player, what made him change his mind? and if he was that unsure, couldn't he have gone with his first impression and then tried to overturn THAT with replay? is that too logical? i didn't get that at all.

Historian
02-06-2006, 05:00 AM

And another thing...

If you're going to review a play to correct a wrong call, and you still get it wrong, (as I personally saw three times this year) scrap the entire replay system.

All you're doing is wasting people's time.

helmetguy
02-06-2006, 05:33 AM
And another thing...

If you're going to review a play to correct a wrong call, and you still get it wrong, (as I personally saw three times this year) scrap the entire replay system.

All you're doing is wasting people's time.
Yeah! No kidding! It's gone from "Just give it to 'em," to "Just give it to 'em anyway."

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-06-2006, 05:43 AM
I couldn't agree more, that game was disgusting.

ICE74129
02-06-2006, 06:25 AM

Actually no it wasn't. The ball was tucked behind the forearm and the FA barely got in, hense no football in, hense no TD.

SpanishBill
02-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Did you write something?.......Oh, I was momentarily mesmerized by your bouncing babe....sorry.
Yeah, me too.:drool:

Where did you get that stuff, hammer???

Philagape
02-06-2006, 08:47 AM
-- Didn't look to me like the ball hit the plane on Ben's TD, but his arm obscured the ball on every replay.

-- DJax pushoff questionable, but it could go either way. Ditto for the Locklear hold. Seattle fans certainly have reason to complain that almost all the either-way calls went the Steelers' way.

-- Hasselbeck penalty was unbelievably stupid

-- On Parker's TD, Faneca pushed the guy to the ground, but that's legal.

All that said, the Hawks did not deserve to win.

:2cents:

hammerbillsfan
02-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Ok where the hell did you get the bouncing chick?

:naughty:

hammerbillsfan
02-06-2006, 09:22 AM

:trance:

ublinkwescore
02-06-2006, 12:08 PM
her boobs are the only thing mesmerizing about her - her face is wack.

CuseJetsFan83
02-06-2006, 04:06 PM
only thng im still confused with is how does hassleback get called for a blocking below the waist on a tackle, when big ben the next drive blocks below the knees during that toss-reverse pass from randle-el

other than that, the reffing on both sides of the ball were attrocious, did pitt deserve to win, on the grounds of they could actually score whereas seattle couldnt yes....... but on the horrid officiating no.........

had seattle made their kicks earlier in the game, we'd be talking about some other situation, but things just played out the way they did.

my only wish for next year is hochuli can be the ref for the sb..... out of the officials ive seen for a good majority of hte games the past few years, i think he is the most fair towards both teams even if my team ends up losing

has he reffed the sb before?

CuseJetsFan83
02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
-- Didn't look to me like the ball hit the plane on Ben's TD, but his arm obscured the ball on every replay.

-- DJax pushoff questionable, but it could go either way. Ditto for the Locklear hold. Seattle fans certainly have reason to complain that almost all the either-way calls went the Steelers' way.

-- Hasselbeck penalty was unbelievably stupid

-- On Parker's TD, Faneca pushed the guy to the ground, but that's legal.

All that said, the Hawks did not deserve to win.

:2cents:

agreed

BAM
02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
There are bad calls every game. Why should this one have been different?

CuseJetsFan83
02-06-2006, 04:09 PM
There are bad calls every game. Why should this one have been different? agree with this but the bad calls were slanted, hence the outrage.....

sad thing is i wanted the steelers to win (afc is whom i always root for unless its the patriots) but felt like they were given the game

Gunzlingr
02-06-2006, 04:10 PM
There are bad calls every game. Why should this one have been different?

Usually bad calls don't happen solely to 1 team at crucial moments.

Mad Bomber
02-06-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm no fan of NFL officials in general, but this game had to be one of the worst cases of home cooking I've ever seen.

The one that really iced it for me was the call on Hasselbeck - 15 yards for making the tackle! :puke:

Typ0
02-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Yesterdays fiasco has really taken a lot of steam out of my love for the NFL. It couldn't be more clear to me that the Ref's had a direct influence on the outcome of that game. And to think I heard people like Rome today saying Seattle had nothing to ***** about because they made mistakes. Yeah, hassleback threw an interception but Roth threw two. And he said the Seahawks didn't make enough plays....it sure looked to me every time they made a big play a BS call came along and took it away. TD pass...taken away...big play to the 2 yard line taken away....good special teams return taken away....HUGE defensive stop on the inch yard line taken away by calling something a score that wasn't.

It's all rediculous and the sails have definately been taken out of my wind...

helmetguy
02-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Dude, that sig has hijacked more threads than fbh!

hammerbillsfan
02-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Dude, that sig has hijacked more threads than fbh!

:bravo:

Michael82
02-06-2006, 11:09 PM

The Refs. suck.
There was probably even more of them than that. That game was ridiculous. My buddies and I got so fed up with it that we turned it off towards the end and played some Poker.

**** the NFL! **** the Refs! **** Bettis!

Michael82
02-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Agreed. :yawn:

Michael82
02-06-2006, 11:15 PM
EXACTLY! That play pissed me off soo much. I kept screaming at my TV. Every view I saw, his wrist crossed the goal line, but the ball was lower down. Plus, he ****ing dropped it too. :mad:

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 11:22 PM

I knew the second one was going to go. You could see nips.

dolphinssuck
02-07-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm no fan of NFL officials in general, but this game had to be one of the worst cases of home cooking I've ever seen.

The one that really iced it for me was the call on Hasselbeck - 15 yards for making the tackle! :puke:True and I actually was pulling for Pittsburgh but man it was called one sided all night and took away greatly from Seattles chances to win.

Buckets
02-07-2006, 03:55 PM

THE RECEIVER CREATED SEPARATION WITH THE USE OF HIS RIGHT HAND, THATS A PENALTY!!! BIG BEN BROKE THE PLANE AT THE FRONT OF THE GOAL LINE......... THE GAME WAS CALLED FAIRLY BY THE REFS.

The_Philster
02-07-2006, 04:33 PM
THE RECEIVER CREATED SEPARATION WITH THE USE OF HIS RIGHT HAND, THATS A PENALTY!!! He barely touched him...they never call something so minor
BIG BEN BROKE THE PLANE AT THE FRONT OF THE GOAL LINE......... THE GAME WAS CALLED FAIRLY BY THE REFS.Ben breaking the plane means nothing...unless you think Testeverde actually scored that TD back in 98 against Seattle...the ball has to break the plane. Personally, I think it did...but there were plenty of bogus calls throughout the game. :down:

ICE74129
02-07-2006, 04:36 PM
THE RECEIVER CREATED SEPARATION WITH THE USE OF HIS RIGHT HAND, THATS A PENALTY!!! BIG BEN BROKE THE PLANE AT THE FRONT OF THE GOAL LINE......... THE GAME WAS CALLED FAIRLY BY THE REFS.

The WR did NOT create seperation. Look at the play again. The ball didn't cross the plane. Look again and get a friggin clue!

Michael82
02-07-2006, 08:40 PM
The WR did NOT create seperation. Look at the play again. The ball didn't cross the plane. Look again and get a friggin clue!
agreed with both.

AndreReed83
02-08-2006, 01:40 AM
The thing that kills me about the Hasselbeck penalty is that the guy he supposedly blocked, he never even touched. At least when the penalty really does happen, you're supposed to physically TOUCH the person you block low. Hasselbeck's helmet was about to hit his knee, and the Steeler play jumped over him.

And CuseJetsFan83, to answer you question about Big Ben's low block. I was confused about that for a long time as well, but then I found out the the blocking penalty called on Hasslebeck is only on defensive returns or special teams plays. As long as your team has possesion of the ball, you can take as many knees out as you want!

AndreReed83
02-08-2006, 01:46 AM
While Darrell Jackson's offensive PI wasn't nearly as bad as the one on Moulds in the Bruschi Resurrection game, numerous things happened on the play that should have kept the ref from throwing the flag.

First, Hasslebeck scrambled out of the pocket. Whenever that happens, usually wideouts and defensive backs are allowed to jostle a little bit.

Second, as Jackson was streaking into the endzone, right before he made his little move to the left (which is when the "PI" supposedly happened) the d-back grabbed Jackson's hand and slowed him up.

Third, the d-back was attempting to grab one of Jackson's arms with both hands.

AndreReed83
02-08-2006, 02:01 AM
Yet another post:

Does anyone remember the final drive for the Pats in their Superbowl against the Rams? On one of the plays, Brady took a snap and quickly got pressured on his drop back, without scrambling to one side or the other, he merely chucked it away. Some Rams players wanted a grounding flag, but the refs looked like they never even thought about it and the announcers didn't mention it either. It looked like an easy call to me. I think if that call is made, the Pats don't win the game. Anyone else remember that play?

SpanishBill
02-08-2006, 05:47 AM
Second, as Jackson was streaking into the endzone, right before he made his little move to the left (which is when the "PI" supposedly happened) the d-back grabbed Jackson's hand and slowed him up.

Third, the d-back was attempting to grab one of Jackson's arms with both hands.
Great post! I thought nobody would come up with this. I mean, if you call the OPI to Jackson, how come you don't call the holding/DPI on the DB when he touched Jackson at least with the same strenght than the WR holded him? The problem is that the ref had a clear view on both infractions (or non-infractions) but just called the S'Hawks penalty... just weird...

Buckets
02-08-2006, 09:07 AM

You look at it again. The receiver used the push to make his cut. Thats the way the official saw it and he was right there!!!!

ICE74129
02-08-2006, 09:16 AM
You look at it again. The receiver used the push to make his cut. Thats the way the official saw it and he was right there!!!!

I have looked at it, and have the common sense to understand he didn't use it to create seperation. It was just an instinct move. Had he not touched him, the DB STILL would not have made a play. THAT is what should have been the determining factor.

The refs wanted Pitt to win, it is more than obvious

Buckets
02-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I have looked at it, and have the common sense to understand he didn't use it to create seperation. It was just an instinct move. Had he not touched him, the DB STILL would not have made a play. THAT is what should have been the determining factor.

The refs wanted Pitt to win, it is more than obvious

If that would have been a Bills defender and the call was NOT made you would have been screeming.

ICE74129
02-08-2006, 09:48 AM
If that would have been a Bills defender and the call was NOT made you would have been screeming.

No I wouldn't. We have seen it before and I didn't *****.