View Full Version : Points Change suggestions.

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 12:46 AM
I think that the NHL should change how many are given out for a win and when they get the win and also the loss. Here is what I'm thinking, feel free to add your own two sense.

3 Point for a regulation win
0 for regulation Loss

2 or 3 points for a Overtime win (not sure on this one)Maybe 3, cause this will have teams want to win in OT.
1 point for OT loss

2 Points for Shoot out win(what do you think about 1 point for shootout win?)
If 2 points for win, than 1 point for loss.
If 1 point for win, than 0 points for loss.

Discuss.

JD
02-06-2006, 02:49 AM
I say screw the points system.. just go by the overall record like the NFL.

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 03:11 AM
I say screw the points system.. just go by the overall record like the NFL.

So they should just go by wins and losses? No points for OT losses? It would be more like the NBA.

JD
02-06-2006, 04:03 AM
no points for OT loss... so it makes them strive more.. its like win or nothing that way.
now its like. hey well at least we got a point, screw that.

DMBcrew36
02-06-2006, 07:24 AM
I think we should leave it the way it is.

hammerbillsfan
02-06-2006, 03:27 PM
It's fine the way it is. It's not soccer you know.

:hockey:

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 04:35 PM
It's fine the way it is. It's not soccer you know.

:hockey:

After implementing a shoot out, it is more like soccer

The_Philster
02-06-2006, 04:36 PM
talk about it in the offseason...can't make changes midseason on this thing

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 04:38 PM
talk about it in the offseason...can't make changes midseason on this thing

No ****, Sherlock. I just wanted to start a conversation

The_Philster
02-06-2006, 04:40 PM
No ****, Sherlock. I just wanted to start a conversation
you ever think that no one wants to have a conversation with you? :scratch:

BTW, you left your last base a year or so early...they got a visit from the Buffalo Jills last week

Myers57
02-06-2006, 06:47 PM
i like it how it is...

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 07:07 PM

BTW, you left your last base a year or so early...they got a visit from the Buffalo Jills last week

Peterson AFB?

The_Philster
02-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Peterson AFB?
yep..reportedly
Allisen, Nichole, Kelly T, Melissa, and Omarlla

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 08:26 PM

Than why is everybody posting in here? :handball:

The_Philster
02-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Than why is everybody posting in here? :handball:
pity

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 08:30 PM
pity

I"m not Mikey

JD
02-06-2006, 09:27 PM
mikey got served. damn. and hes not even in the thread :pity:

hammerbillsfan
02-06-2006, 10:11 PM

I don't mind it for the regular season, just not the playoffs.
I love 3-4 OT games that just keep going. :hockey:

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't mind it for the regular season, just not the playoffs.
I love 3-4 OT games that just keep going. :hockey:

They won't have the shoot out in the playoffs. It is regular 5 on 5 until someone scores....Bring on the playoffs. I can't wait.

pyrrhonist
02-07-2006, 10:58 PM

....and that's not exactly a good thing. The only thing I have always hated the most in fútbol is the penalty kicks deciding a major game. A piss-poor way to decide an FA Cup, Copa del Rey, or Champions League title, if you ask me. I'd rather skill players be on the pitch for a decisive victory---But that might just be me. At least the NHL didn't decide to have the parlour trick shootout decide the playoffs or Stanley Cup.....yet.

My biggest complaint has been the implementation of the 1 point for an OT loss. Like JD, I feel there should be zero points for an OT loss. It's still a loss, right? If you're going to give a sympathy point out for a loss, wait until the teams head to the SO first.

SabreEleven
02-07-2006, 11:06 PM
This is the conversation I was looking for, not, oh it is fine the way it is.....Thanks, pyrrhonist

but I think that there should be no point for shootout loss and 1 point for an OT loss because you want teams to go for the win in OT instead of just playing defense and waiting for the shootout to begin and collect their point.
If you give them no points for OT loss and 1 point for shootout loss teams are just going sit back on defense and not go it. Feel me?

What do you think about 3 points for regulation win? Teams would be flat out getting after it during the regulation time.

pyrrhonist
02-07-2006, 11:16 PM
This is the conversation I was looking for, not, oh it is fine the way it is.....Thanks, pyrrhonist

No problem. I often feel the same way. It seems whenever I want to have a "deeper" conversation about a topic, it goes by the wayside (See my "NHL Predictions thread). :(

If you give them no points for OT loss and 1 point for shootout loss teams are just going sit back on defense and not go it. Feel me?

I see what you mean. In that case, I'd say no point for a loss period. That way, you know if you don't win a game, you get squat. That alone should have teams busting their asses to win each and every game.

What do you think about 3 points for regulation win? Teams would be flat out getting after it during the regulation time.

I'm torn on this one (And sorry for not addressing it in my prior reply). I know that in fútbol, they do this, and it seems to work, but 3 points is a hefty amount. I think we're already looking at an insanely high amount of points just to quality for the playoffs this year in the NHL. It may take nearly 95-100 points to ensure a mid-high seed in the playoffs this year. :shocked: I think that 3 could be overdoing it. It already makes me weep sometimes seeing how far back my beloved Real Madrid is looking up at those scum in Barcelona, knowing that 3-4 wins more by Barca is 12 points in the standings. :crap:

SabreEleven
02-07-2006, 11:33 PM
If you want to go no points for a loss at all, than only 2 points for a win will be the way to go.

JD
02-08-2006, 03:27 PM
2 points for a win
1 point for OT loss
0 for regulation loss

Hmm, works for me :up: