PDA

View Full Version : superbowl or should i say supersham!

djjimkelly
02-06-2006, 01:40 AM
that was the biggest farce of game ive seen in my life oh sorry since the colts steelers game.

this is starting to become ridiiculous when not one game is decided by gameplay anymore but by the zebras.

1. the offensive passing interference was maybe the weakest PI call ive ever seen did the seahaeks player touch the pitt guys chest. sure but if that was a push off they may as well take the passing game out of football and rename it rugby.

2.that phantom holding call in 4th quarter on the pass to stevens that would have gave the seahawks the ball at the 1 was a joke. once again if that is holding then it should be called every play during game. and every game should be 0-0 and every team can win the superbowl.

3. my personal favorite the CHOP BLOCK on the QB making a tackle.

4. not to mention 2 3rd down holding calls ok the first one was legit but second was ticky tack

5. warricks good PR i replay that **** on TIVO like 10 times to find the hold or block in back and i watched in HD so i get a nice view it didnt exist!!

IF NFL CALLS GAMES LIKE THIS AND WE KNOW THEY DO EVERY WEEK THE LEAGUE IS BECOMING A FARCE.

NOW I KNOW WE WILL NEVER WIN A SUPERBOWL BECUZ OUR BELOVED TEAM WILL NEVER BE HYPED ENOUGH TO BE ALLOWED TO WIN!

LtFinFan66
02-06-2006, 01:50 AM
:goodpost:

AndreReed83
02-06-2006, 01:55 AM
:goodpost: from me as well.

As I have said a few times, the holding calls were ridiculous. For something that happens everyplay, to call one team on it 7 times and to not call another team on it at all, is just a horrible job. Couple that with the timing of the calls and the other poor officiating moments this game, the NFL has officially made it known that it is a sham.

Billz_fan
02-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Did anyone else notice the "horse Collar" tackle by Joey Porter on Shaun Alexander ? It was wicked obvious as far as Im concerned. Then again, for a new rule this year I saw the foul several times during the season and have yet to see a ref call a penalty on it.

AndreReed83
02-06-2006, 03:08 AM
The horse collar has been mentioned a few times in another thread, Billz_fan. It was very obvious indeed, but there is a loophole around it. Just simply put your non-collaring hand on the players shoulder pads and the penalty won't be called. Apparently by doing that, you can't deem the collar grabbing as the reason the player was brought down, but instead, the collar was used to just slow him down.

To counter this, if I was an offensive player, and I was horse collared, I fake an injury. That would be sure to get a flag. Some may deem that as cheap, but the player shouldn't have been tackled with the horse collar in the first place.

helmetguy
02-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Did anyone watch The Sports Reporters Sunday Morning? The SB turned out to be Mike Lupica's worst fears realized. He said something to the effect of "Let the players decide it, not the officials." Can't wait to read his column.

Jan Reimers
02-06-2006, 07:38 AM
I guess most of us Bills' fans are used to the officials imposing themselves into the heart of the game and often deciding the outcome. NFL football truly has become a farce and a great displeasure to watch.

I think the Atlanta game last year, when we were not even allowed to breathe on Michael Vick, sealed the deal for me. The thing I do now is look for the flag on every play, and usually I'm not dissapointed.

madness
02-06-2006, 07:41 AM
The horse collar has been mentioned a few times in another thread, Billz_fan. It was very obvious indeed, but there is a loophole around it. Just simply put your non-collaring hand on the players shoulder pads and the penalty won't be called. Apparently by doing that, you can't deem the collar grabbing as the reason the player was brought down, but instead, the collar was used to just slow him down.

To counter this, if I was an offensive player, and I was horse collared, I fake an injury. That would be sure to get a flag. Some may deem that as cheap, but the player shouldn't have been tackled with the horse collar in the first place.

Also since Alexander is one strong RB, he didn't fall backwards because of the horse collar. I believe if he would have been pulled straight down the call would have been more obvious, but not called as AR83 said because he had his other hand 'resting' on Alexander's should pads. Just another loophole in the rules.