PDA

View Full Version : Seattle fans aren't the only ones pissed...

Bill Brasky
02-06-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm bored at work here tonight, scanning through the various NFL msg boards, found some pretty pissed off football fans...

Jazzhawk said:<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

Also, look at the ESPN blogs and that petition to the NFL, and you'll see that it's not just Seahawk fans. It's fans from all across the NFL. Looks like a lot of people feel like we do.

======================

Re: Please don't tell me to quit complaining tonight

<HR SIZE=1>
Music City Miracle
Tuck Rule
2004 AFCC

Sometimes **** doesn't go your way.
"Damn bugs whacked us, Johnny!"

===================

<!--EZCODE BOLD START-->Seattle getting RAILROADED??<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->I cant believe how onesided the calls have been so far this game!! Pitttsburgh did NOT get in on that TD and Seattle had not one but two td s taken away by refs. Every commercial has shown a Pitt player with the Lombardi trophy. THEY ARE GETTING JOBBED!! Mack had a first down but was robbed by the line judge on one end of the field but Roethlisberber scores on a bad call by the line judge. If Pitt is to win make them earn it. So far in this game will you remember the players more or the refs?? Easy call if you ask me!!<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

= = = = = = = = =

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->Yeah this is pretty sad. Score at halftime: Refs - 7, Seattle - 3, Pitt - 0.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

= = = = = = = = =

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->The referees are RUINING this game. It should be 14-3 Seattle right now, but it's obvious that either the fix is in, or the refs are afraid of the Pittsburgh Mob in the stands. Seattle's been robbed of no fewer than 3 big plays on ticky-tack penalties, they've gotten screwed out of 2 TDs (the push-off wouldn't have drawn a penalty 9 out of 10 times, and the play at the end of the half that DIDN'T EVEN GET REVIEWED--the second foot hit the cone, that's why it fell over; the cone is IN BOUNDS), and the Roethlisberger "touchdown" never crossed the plane.

Seattle is getting hosed by the men in stripes tonight, and it's becoming painfully obvious that, like just about everybody in the stadium, they're rooting for Pittsburgh too. In an evenly-called game, Seattle is winning 14-3 right now.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

= = = = = = = = =

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->When they make it this obvious, they will begin to lose the fan base. I absolutely hate how much influense the ****** refs have over the outcome of NFL games<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

= = = = = = = = =

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->this is http://members.lycos.co.uk/chris18h51/smileys/censored.gif ridiculous. that was not a hold.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->how the fu@k is that a block below the waist when he made the freaking tackle after the pick???<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

= = = = = = = = =

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->no reason to watch this game. seems the officials have already decided to give it to the steelers.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

= = = = = = = = =

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->I've never believed games were decided beforehand, but this one makes me wonder.

Cowher usually has that scowl all game long, but he's been constantly grinning the entire game, almost like the cat that ate the canary.

Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl that's on right now has more legitimacy to it than this.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> LOL

= = = = = = = = =

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->Not an overreaction at all on my part...i could care less who wins this game

there have been a ton of blown calls

Big Bens TD...ball never crossed the line
Phantom PI in the endzone on Jackson
Phantom hold that costs Seattle 1st and goal from the 2
the block below the knees on Hasselbeck, as he made the tackle

Those are 4 off the top of my head...i know i'm missing some<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><!--EZCODE FONT END--><!--EZCODE BOLD START-->============

Re: SADDEST DAY IN NFL HISTORY!!<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->In over 34 years of watching Super Bowls i have NEVER felt like i was SORRY that i am a football fan. NOW I DO!! I AM A COWBOY FAN FOR LIFE but this is by far the saddest display by the nfl and the refs i have EVER seen!!<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

= = = = = = = = =

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->I'm just sick watching this, and the anouncers are saying very little about this obvious fixed game<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

= = = = = = = = =

this has been the absolute worst season i've ever watched... the nfl has been reduced to a television show that is not much better than a daytime soap

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/520/wardofficial7cb.jpg

SabreEleven
02-06-2006, 02:31 AM
You need to change the ref's uniform to black and gold.

clumping platelets
02-06-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm as upset as these people making these comments.....Seattle earned a chance and IMHO, poor officiating certainly contributed to their loss.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-06-2006, 03:50 AM
I'm as upset as these people making these comments.....Seattle earned a chance and IMHO, poor officiating certainly contributed to their loss.

Me, too. And, I completely agree.

In my view it is a completely different game if the officiating was halfway decent from the beginning of the game. Maybe Seattle would have won, maybe the Steelers, but we'll never know because the officiating totally altered the game and virtually dictated the outcome.

LtFinFan66
02-06-2006, 03:56 AM
They should just get rid of the refs and go school yard. Call your own fouls!!

Historian
02-06-2006, 04:25 AM
That push off in the end zone was a joke.

ddaryl
02-06-2006, 05:10 AM
I hope the NFL takes a temendous ampount of flack for this. I hope the fans are relentless in there pursuit of this

Bill Brasky
02-06-2006, 05:12 AM
you guys should see the thread over on ESPN.com. one of my buddies sent me the link, it's like 700 replies long worth of pissed off football fans. pretty hilarious.

i bet espn sweeps all this under the rug. i browsed around their site for a few minutes for the first time in a while, what a joke, not much mention of all this. at least fox sports has writers with balls to call the nfl out on this.

AndreReed83
02-06-2006, 05:48 AM
ESPN is pussying out. Besides Michael W. Smith writing an article (you have to dig on the site to find it) about the officiating being bad, there is literally nothing else. The guys on television have been even worse. Of course, I wouldn't expect any integrity from ESPN. The need the NFL to survive, they start lambasting it, Tagliabue pulls the NFL from ESPN.

Gunzlingr
02-06-2006, 06:06 AM
I couldn't believe the number of Steelers commercials. The first half I bet 9/10 players show in them were Steelers. Something smells in the state of the NFL.

Historian
02-06-2006, 06:13 AM
ESPN is pussying out. Besides Michael W. Smith writing an article (you have to dig on the site to find it) about the officiating being bad, there is literally nothing else. The guys on television have been even worse. Of course, I wouldn't expect any integrity from ESPN. The need the NFL to survive, they start lambasting it, Tagliabue pulls the NFL from ESPN.

Of course they are!

ESPN is in bed with the league.

Their involvement has increased tenfold over the past 10-15 years.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-06-2006, 06:17 AM
Yeah, remember that the next time someone tells you that we have a free press. It's free just so long as it tells us what it's sponsors want us to hear and sell us.

ICE74129
02-06-2006, 06:22 AM
The fix was in the minute Pittsburgh went to Denver. They weren't supposed to be there. You think it was bad last night? What if Peyton manning had made it!

Fans better wake up and understand this one absolute truth 'He who is most MARKETABLE....wins in the NFL'.

Buffalo doesn't stand a chance.

Michael82
02-07-2006, 07:05 PM
:goodpost: