PDA

View Full Version : Offseason v. 2.0

gonzo1105
02-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Alright here is what my offseason would look like, with the recent news of switching to the cover 2 that changes my plans. Let me explain first. With the cover 2 you need one gap DT's not big fat run stuffers. So picking Ngata isn't exactly ideal anymore. Milloy and Vincent aren't exactly the guys you want for a cover 2 either. For sake for now we'll keep Vincent

Cuts/Restructures

Cut:
Mike Williams
Lawyer Milloy
Jeff Posey
Mark Campbell

Restructure:
London Fletcher
Eric Moulds(serious restructure)
Sam Adams(just a little)

Signings:

Jeff Backus LT(Detroit)
LeCharles Bentley C( New Orleans)
Rocky Bernard DT(Seattle)
couple others but these are the main guys

Draft:

Trade # 8 overall to the Browns for # 12 and a 3rd rounder this year and a 4th rounder next year

1(12)- Michael Huff SS Texas
2nd- Claude Wroten DT LSU(i know he has issues but he would be a real talent)
3rd A- Anwar Phillips CB Penn State
3rd B- Pat Watkins FS Florida State
3rd C- Stanley McClover DE Auburn
4th - Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson
5th - Johnathan Orr WR Wisconsin
6th- Best OG
7th - Best Tackle

This is not taking into consideration possible Comp picks for Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings.

Mahdi
02-06-2006, 09:59 AM
How much better is Backus than Gandy?...If at all. Backus would demand a much bigger contract than Gandy also. We need interior linemen. Bentley would be awesome. After that I say Terrence Metcalf or you draft a G in the 2nd round. Like Latui, Davin Joseph, Charles Spencer. I also like Fred Matua in the 3rd or Will Allen.

As for Lawyer, I think he is an important player on this D, and I would give these safeties another year with a new DT and DE, and the return of Spikes. I like the drafting of Huff if we trade down, but I would prefer to trade down lower and pick up a second rounder.

Devin
02-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Not bad dude. Nice Draft.

Bmax
02-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Alright here is what my offseason would look like, with the recent news of switching to the cover 2 that changes my plans. Let me explain first. With the cover 2 you need one gap DT's not big fat run stuffers. So picking Ngata isn't exactly ideal anymore. Milloy and Vincent aren't exactly the guys you want for a cover 2 either. For sake for now we'll keep Vincent

Cuts/Restructures

Cut:
Mike Williams
Lawyer Milloy
Jeff Posey
Mark Campbell

Restructure:
London Fletcher
Eric Moulds(serious restructure)
Sam Adams(just a little)

Signings:

Jeff Backus LT(Detroit)
LeCharles Bentley C( New Orleans)
Rocky Bernard DT(Seattle)
couple others but these are the main guys

Draft:

Trade # 8 overall to the Browns for # 12 and a 3rd rounder this year and a 4th rounder next year

1(12)- Michael Huff SS Texas
2nd- Claude Wroten DT LSU(i know he has issues but he would be a real talent)
3rd A- Anwar Phillips CB Penn State
3rd B- Pat Watkins FS Florida State
3rd C- Stanley McClover DE Auburn
4th - Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson
5th - Johnathan Orr WR Wisconsin
6th- Best OG
7th - Best Tackle

This is not taking into consideration possible Comp picks for Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings.

So you wanna trade the # 8 pick for 12 and a 3 and 4th .. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO WAY....We would be idiots to do that...... never do you trade down four spots and only get a 3 and a 4th....For an extra 1st in 07 and a 3rd this year maybe ..But i wouldn't even do that...

Bmax

I glad fans don't run this team.. No team in the nfl would ever make that trade...

gonzo1105
02-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Well obviously your an idiot because in the real world everything is done by a pick value chart and our pick is worth 1400 points and the Browns pick is worth 1200. Throw in the 3rd which is 220 points plus a 4th which is usually around 80 points and we actually get quite a deal for the pick. How bout you stop living in fantasy world thinking we'd get 3 high picks for a team to move up 4 spots.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

ShadowHawk7
02-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Well obviously your an idiot because in the real world everything is done by a pick value chart and our pick is worth 1400 points and the Browns pick is worth 1200. Throw in the 3rd which is 220 points plus a 4th which is usually around 80 points and we actually get quite a deal for the pick. How bout you stop living in fantasy world thinking we'd get 3 high picks for a team to move up 4 spots.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

Follow your own advice Gonzo. Who made that list up? Your cousin? There's a disclaimer on the bottom saying they didnt get that from any NFL team. And if you'd look at actual recent draft results you'd see people pay a lot more to move up a few slots in the first. Quite a deal for that pick? I'll stick w/ #8, thanks.

tat2dmike77
02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Don't pull a TD and trade the pick away i like who's avaliable and it would be ignorant to trade that pick away.

The_Philster
02-06-2006, 07:58 PM
2nd- Claude Wroten DT LSU(i know he has issues but he would be a real talent)http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/01/17/43ccaee73f4da

won't happen...arrested for drugs is more than issues