PDA

View Full Version : Is Clements the best cb available out there?

justasportsfan
02-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Dolphins | Madison won't take a pay cut
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:57:20 -0800
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins CB Sam Madison reiterated to friends he won't take a pay cut from the team. As previously noted, Madison has been linked to the Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons and San Diego Chargers.

I know Clements has more upside compared to Madisson but would teams be interested in trading for Clements if we tag him like we did with Winfield?

ZacGriffi~82
02-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes because he would be cheaper.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-06-2006, 11:03 AM
I know that his name has come up several times in different NYC area papers and TV/radio shows as someone that the Giants probably will be interested in.

With Will Peterson having serious back problems that have raised doubts about his ability to stay healthy and Will Allen being in and out of T.Coughlin's doghouse and considered locally as a disappointment, the Giants are definitely going to be in the market for an experienced, top-flight CB to go with Webster and DeLoach--they think they have a real shot at contending in the NFC, but know that they can't without dramatically improving their secondary. They are one team that will make a big push for Clements if he hits the free agent market and may be interested in securing him through a trade.

NYJ EcKo151
02-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Ty Law will be out there...Charles Woodson...Will Allen...Ricky Manning Jr. are all the big names aho are out there.

But to answer your question, yes, Clements will be the best CB available.

The_Philster
02-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Dolphins | Madison won't take a pay cut
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:57:20 -0800
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins CB Sam Madison reiterated to friends he won't take a pay cut from the team. As previously noted, Madison has been linked to the Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons and San Diego Chargers.

I know Clements has more upside compared to Madisson but would teams be interested in trading for Clements if we tag him like we did with Winfield?
we didn't tag and trade Antoine...that was Peerless Price

justasportsfan
02-06-2006, 03:53 PM
we didn't tag and trade Antoine...that was Peerless PriceSame person, different spelling. :(

ricogarion
02-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Does anyone think Clements tanked the end of season so the Bills would release him so he could land elsewhere? Or was he injured or just loss interest.

The_Philster
02-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Same person, different spelling. :(
...different position

Does anyone think Clements tanked the end of season so the Bills would release him so he could land elsewhere? Or was he injured or just loss interest.
I think Jerry Gray simply screwed up playing him 8-10 yards of the LOS

juice
02-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Age, Size, and playmaking ability factored in Nate is the best CB with the most upside this offseason if he's not tagged.

Nate is a more complete Player than Madison and his #'s over his career show he'll be the hottest player in FA.

patmoran2006
02-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Philster..

how long as Marissa been your "Jill of the week" now??
I know you'll all think Im nuts, but Woodson is the best CB out there, he just needs a chance of scenery in the WORST way

The_Philster
02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Philster..

how long as Marissa been your "Jill of the week" now??since Friday evening

I know you'll all think Im nuts, but Woodson is the best CB out there, he just needs a chance of scenery in the WORST wayI don't know if he's the best anymore, but he's still one of the top 5 anyway, IMO.

vicmantak
02-06-2006, 09:58 PM
It's really positive to know that Clements will face some "competition" on FA but this draft are really "poor" on CB talent (doesn't have a top "pure" first round caliber CB prospect!) and IMO Bills might keep him whatever it takes...