X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Why wasnt

Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana there?? they where the only two Super Bowl MVP's that werent there that I can think of
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Why wasnt

Montana probably didnt want Brady sticking his head up his ass the whole time he was there.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

I wondered that too. I thought maybe I was wrong about them being MVPs, but there were only Young and Rice representing the 49'ers 5 victories, and Harris and Swan for the Steelers 4.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
        • Aug 2003

Montana is the only 3 time MVP and Bradshaw won 2 of them

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

Seems as if they would be the first two you ask I wonder if they werent there to protest Brady doing the coin flip I would think either the onl 3 time MVP or the first 2 time mvp, Bart Starr or a player that won 2 mvp's with a team in the game would be a choice over Brady to do the coin flip

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Bradshaw had something going on with family and Montana wasn't going to receive his 100K appearance fee.
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Cntrygal
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
              Seems as if they would be the first two you ask I wonder if they werent there to protest Brady doing the coin flip I would think either the onl 3 time MVP or the first 2 time mvp, Bart Starr or a player that won 2 mvp's with a team in the game would be a choice over Brady to do the coin flip
              I'd have voted for Bart Starr.
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• ajsdx
                • Aug 2003

THere was another SB MVP who was supposed to be there (I forget who; he wasn't too great), who couldn't make it cause he was traveling in Australia.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ajsdx
                  THere was another SB MVP who was supposed to be there (I forget who; he wasn't too great), who couldn't make it cause he was traveling in Australia.
                  Probably Harvey Martin who was co-MVP with Randy White.
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                    Probably Harvey Martin who was co-MVP with Randy White.

Jake Scott.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Money drives everything, even in our sacred football. Montana and Bradshaw have been added to the "could die tomorrow and I would'nt give a ****" list.

Bradshaw, who told league officials that he wanted to be with his family, also took issue with the fees, the Chronicle reported. Bradshaw, through a representative, denied the Chronicle's report that there was a dispute over money.
                      Former MVPs were given $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit, along with other amenities such as plane tickets, car rental and game tickets.
                      Sources told each paper that Montana asked for a guarantee of at least $100,000 in appearance money.
                      When the league balked at Montana's demands, the quarterback declined to be in attendance
                      Former 49ers QB Joe Montana and Steelers QB Terry Bradshaw decided to skip NFL's pregame celebration before the Super Bowl, reportedly over money.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

What a douche!

Comment

Working...
                        X