PDA

View Full Version : Briere may play BEFORE olympics

DMBcrew36
02-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Both Ruff and Briere have said it's a good possibility for later this week. He says he feels fine and the doctors have said he's good to go. All he said was that he needs to build his strength back up a little bit. I definitely would like seeing him playing against Carolina.

http://www.sabres.com/index.cfm (audio)

pyrrhonist
02-06-2006, 11:38 AM
I was just reading the article linked from the Buffalo News. This is great news. I think, though, he should take it easy, and not rush it too fast. I still think we're probably looking at just after the Olympics, at best. But this is definitely good news! :up:

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Agreed. Don't rush it!

DMBcrew36
02-06-2006, 04:56 PM
He knows his body. If he thinks he's ready, he'll be fine.

buffalofan19
02-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Dumont came back early, and seems to be fine. Whoever is giving the medical green light in the Sabres organization seems to know what he is doing. If they tell Briere he can come back later this week, I am all for it.

JD
02-06-2006, 09:21 PM
:clap:
AWESOME NEWS!

LETS GO SABRES!!!

tat2dmike77
02-07-2006, 10:35 PM
When i read this i was just thinking WOW. I know he knows his body and whomever the team physician is thier doing a great job. But i just don't want him to rush back ya know. One or two games is not a big deal. Although if the sabres were to beat carolina it would send a message.

But if he feels that he is ready to play and the docs say he is good to go then all i can do is support him and hope for the best.

pyrrhonist
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
The reason why I said I don't want him to rush back is because the last time he kept trying to play on the injury, it just didn't get better. The surgery should've taken care of that, but still. I'd rather see him back fully healthy after the Olympic break, than try and return before, and get jobbed again. :(