PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel if you are Barret Robbins?

Tatonka
01-27-2003, 12:23 AM
what a horses A S S !....

:offtopic: :spam:

this guy is total idiot.. ask me if i feel sorry for this guy, who voluntarily check himself into a hospital after the decision to give him his walking papers the day of the superbowl...

no.. no i dont at all..

this idiot is as bad as the bengals RB who got all coked up the night before the played the 49ers:hammeru:

kgun12
01-27-2003, 01:06 AM
I think there is more to this story. W. Sapp was just on Jimmy Kimmel's new show and he asked him If he had heard what the story was, and WS said oh yea, but your won't here it from me! It's messed up, or something like that.

Lone Stranger
01-27-2003, 08:21 AM
John Clayton reported early this morning that Robbins went to Tijuana Friday night and missed all practices Saturday returning about 8:00pm.

Ebenezer
01-27-2003, 08:28 AM
There is always one bone head in each Super Bowl...what about the guy who left his family to go out to a hooker?

NC-BILLS44
01-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Eugene Robinson from the Falcons. If he needed a release, I'm sure is wife would have helped, rather than a hooker.

don137
01-27-2003, 09:19 AM
I think Stanley Wilson is the guy you are referring to Tatonka...It is true, there seems to be one bonehead in every super bowl that forgets the reason wh they are there. I guess you can add Robbins to be available FA list..

MissBuffalo
01-27-2003, 11:16 AM
This morning on the news, they said that Robbins is bi-polar and that they weren't sure if he missed taking his medicine or he drank while on the medicine. Apparently a few years ago, a few members of the media found him wandering the halls by the locker rooms and he said to them "I'm lost. I can't find where I'm supposed to be." His mother has the disease too.

Ebenezer
01-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
This morning on the news, they said that Robbins is bi-polar and that they weren't sure if he missed taking his medicine or he drank while on the medicine. Apparently a few years ago, a few members of the media found him wandering the halls by the locker rooms and he said to them "I'm lost. I can't find where I'm supposed to be." His mother has the disease too.

Ironic how this happened on the weekend of the biggest game of his life and he ended up in Tijuana...sorry...no deal on this one.

colin
01-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Ironic how this happened on the weekend of the biggest game of his life and he ended up in Tijuana...sorry...no deal on this one.

I bet being Bi Polar with getting dusted up hard on coke, popping a few E, and knocking back 3 bottles of Wild Turkey in Tiajuana would do it though.

Bulldog
01-27-2003, 11:38 AM
107.7 WNSA has reported that the Raiders have cut Barret Robbins. What an idiot this guy is. He is an All-Pro center and he decides to head to Tijuana on the Friday before the Super bowl. You know you are a complete moron when the Raiders of all teams cut you for misconduct!!

MissBuffalo
01-27-2003, 11:56 AM
According to this article, a few players say he was in Tijuana. But it also points out his disease. It sounds like they're trying to cover up his party in Tijuana with his disease:

Several NFL and team sources, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said they were told Robbins had been hospitalized Sunday in the San Diego area for what was described as a serious reaction to medication. He has been under a doctor's care in the past for a bipolar disorder, sources say, and has received long-term treatment for depression. Robbins has been prescribed medication for both conditions, a source said.

The condition runs throughout Robbins' family; both his mother and father have experienced problems with depression that manifest into physical symptoms.

Robbins said in a 1997 Chronicle interview that he had the condition under control with medication.

"It's a battle within your head," Robbins said in 1997. "It's not an easy thing to deal with. Anybody who can overcome something like this is bound to be a better person in all aspects of life."

FULL ARTICLE (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2003/01/27/SP242186.DTL)

vabillsfan
01-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Until you all know the details, zip it. Until you all live with this or have someone in your family who does, zip it. You don't know what happened, you're only guessing. And no, I don't have it. Show some class folks! I'm sure he's not happy about it. Why do we care? Leave it alone, enjoy the game results and talk about football without assuming he's a complete idiot.

LtBillsFan66
01-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by vabillsfan
Until you all know the details, zip it. Until you all live with this or have someone in your family who does, zip it. You don't know what happened, you're only guessing. And no, I don't have it. Show some class folks! I'm sure he's not happy about it. Why do we care? Leave it alone, enjoy the game results and talk about football without assuming he's a complete idiot.

:urock:

The_Philster
01-28-2003, 05:17 AM
SAN DIEGO — Oakland Raiders all-pro center Barret Robbins — booted from the Super Bowl XXXVII roster after going AWOL over the weekend — remained under observation at a San Diego hospital Monday for the second day in a row.

"It's a tragedy," said Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden.

Key details remain unclear. But agent J. Drew Pittman confirmed that Robbins was still in a hospital after checking in on game day. Pittman said Robbins' condition was not critical and that preliminary tests showed no sign of illegal drug use. Pittman said that while Robbins had taken medication for depression in the past, his current situation was not necessarily related. Robbins wasn't on regular medication, Pittman said....more (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/super/2003-01-28-robbins-hospital_x.htm)

Billz_fan
01-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Another article printed today on the same subject. This one from ESPN.

An unnamed member of Robbins' family, quoted in Tuesday's editions of The New York Daily News, said the 6-foot-3, 320-pound Robbins was under a suicide watch in a San Diego hospital.

"We are very worried about Barret. That's all I can say right now," the family member was quoted as saying. Drew Pittman, Robbins' Dallas-based agent, said Monday he expected Robbins to be released from the hospital Tuesday morning.

Full Story from ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0128/1499905.html)

lordofgun
01-28-2003, 02:15 PM

:hi5:

Voltron
01-28-2003, 02:34 PM

Well said Vabills,

I have dealt with depression my whole life and I have to say that depression is a cakewalk compared to bi-polar. I have a friend with bi-polar and if he screws up any of his meds or eats or drinks something that affect the meds you will have no clue who you are about to talk to. Most of us with psychological disorders would love to have an easy remedy problem like a broken arm but unfortunately the brain is the most complicated thing on this planet. It is a little harder to come up with drugs and treatments that are full proof.

Give Robbins a break and keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

:freako: