PDA

View Full Version : Don't Worry about the Dolphins getting Price

Romes
01-27-2003, 01:37 AM
Dolphins | No High Priced WR In Their Plans - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
0:57 PT: The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins are not expected to get into a bidding war for a high priced free agent WR this off-season. Coach Dave Wannstedt was asked hypothetically if he would get into a bidding war for an expensive free agent wide receiver. "'I wouldn't see that happening," Wannstedt said. "We're not going to spend that kind of money. Not on an outside guy." Buffalo Bills WR Peerless Price fits the profile of a guy the Dolphins probably won't pursue. Price is expected to command a signing bonus of between $8 and $10 million, with Atlanta and Washington set to battle for him when he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Sucks that he is most likely gone, but atleast he won't be a Dolphin.

casdhf
01-27-2003, 09:17 AM
I don't think he'd be a good fit in Atlanta, Washington maybe. He could still be a #2 there.

Ð
01-27-2003, 09:18 AM
Who was worried?

jdbillsfan
01-27-2003, 01:07 PM
Why not Atlanta? Seems like a good fit with the Turf and Mike Vick able to throw the deep ball.

iceblizzard69
01-27-2003, 06:14 PM
I am really happy that we aren't going to get a big time WR, espicially since we don't have the money to do it and we can just get a WR in the second round. Price is a product of the system and won't be as good without Moulds, but he could succeed in Washington because of their spread offense.

Billz_fan
01-27-2003, 07:02 PM
If I were Price I would not be to excited about Atlanta. If anything he wants the ball more.

Going to Atlanta means he not only splits touches with the other wide outs and running backs but a QB who calls his own number as often as anyone elses.

Jeff1220
01-27-2003, 09:51 PM
I think Price is actually a very nice fit for Atlanta. Vick, regardless of his scrambling, has a canon for an arm, and will have to learn to settle down and just sling the ball sometimes to be successful. Plus, Price and Finneran will complement each other well as WRs, while Wade keeps their D tough.
I'll say right now that if they want him, they'll get him.

SABURZFAN
01-28-2003, 06:29 AM
according to the numbers that Clump posted a couple weeks ago,it was evident that they weren't even close to be in the running for price.