PDA

View Full Version : What's The Scoop On Shoop?

LifetimeBillsFan
02-07-2006, 01:59 AM
According to the Chicago Tribure article on the BZ front page, Dick Jauron and the Bills seem to be interested in adding John Shoop to their staff. He's a former offensive coordinator of the Bears and is currently the Raiders' QB coach.
URL: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/cs-0602060099feb06,1,6692652.story?coll=cs-football-print

With Fairchild as the Bills' OC and the Bills without a QB coach, it would seem that the QB coaching job would be the one that the Bills would be talking about with him.

Anyone know anything about him? Any ideas or thoughts about what he may or may not bring to the table if the Bills hire him?

Earthquake Enyart
02-07-2006, 07:53 AM
John Schoop was one of the worst OC's ever.

If you mention his name to Bear fans, you get the same reaction as when they put Flounder's pledge slide on the screen in Animal House.

vicmantak
02-07-2006, 08:13 AM
IMO and for Bills future, Jauron and the FO should let Fairchild decide who will be his QB's coach.
I don't know but Shoop doesn't look that good. Despite the Raiders great off-season, their offense were simply offensive and I start to understand why Rany Moss and LaMont Jordan didn't have great numbers...

TigerJ
02-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I think the Chicago Tribune did not have the scoop they thought they had.

Saratoga Slim
02-07-2006, 10:45 AM
the Chicago Trib article says that shoop might "return to the coordinator's role" with Buffalo. I think the writer heard that the Bills were talking about bringing Shoop in as QB coach, and got confused. It's pretty obvious he's not going to be a coordinator for the Bills. with a mistake like that, I hesitate to put much faith in their reporting on this one.

Mad Bomber
02-07-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.firejohnshoop.com/

Every time you visit this site you get a different stupid quote at the top.

Mr. Miyagi
02-07-2006, 11:23 AM
John Schoop was one of the worst OC's ever.

If you mention his name to Bear fans, you get the same reaction as when they put Flounder's pledge slide on the screen in Animal House.
I remember talking to a Bear fan a couple of years ago. He said their OC had no idea WTF he was doing. Regardless of game situation, just "oh what the heck why not try this play and see what happens" was a quote from my friend about Shoop. :snicker:

Saratoga Slim
02-07-2006, 11:43 AM
I remember talking to a Bear fan a couple of years ago. He said their OC had no idea WTF he was doing. Regardless of game situation, just "oh what the heck why not try this play and see what happens" was a quote from my friend about Shoop. :snicker:
sure he wasn't a Bills fan? that sounds familiar