PDA

View Full Version : Should Dipietro Withdrow From Olympic Roster!?

SkateZilla
02-07-2006, 02:41 AM
Knowing what kind of a Season he's Having,

SHould He Beat the Smart One and Withdrow From Team USA's Roster,

His GAA is the Worst of the 3 along with his Save %, He's Playing INcredibly bad for a USA Goalie, So You'd Think He'd Realize this, thats like a Blind Fighter Pilot Not withdrawing from out Navy attack squadrons...

He's Not going to do any good..

Bring ON MILLER!!

Top 5 GAA, Top 5 Save %, WTF? NO Starting Spot!? USA Management is in the Shooting Gallery Now Have At them :bullseye:

SabreEleven
02-07-2006, 03:02 AM
Kind of a loaded question for a Sabres board, don't ya think?

pyrrhonist
02-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't think he should. Why would you step down from a position you were selected for? He considers it an honor, no doubt. It's Waddell's fault that Miller isn't a goalie for Team USA.

That being said, I also think many of DiPietro's problems this year are the fault of the soft Icedancers' "defense". Zhitnik is a penalty-taking machine, and Sopel hasn't been as good as he usually is. I'll reserve judgment until he's behind the Team USA defense. I still think the US team will be lucky if it medals at all, though.

I feel as ripped off as anyone that Miller isn't going, but the positive is that he should be safe from getting hurt in a game in Turin.

SkateZilla
02-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Right now it looks more like the USA Commitee purchased a product before testing it,

fushetti
02-07-2006, 02:09 PM
I don't want Miller having the chance to get hurt in Italy. Heres to Team USA not taking him to Turin.

Makaveli
02-07-2006, 02:44 PM
it really don't matter since Canada is gunna take it all, case closed

buffalofan19
02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
No. DiPietro is not that bad of a goaltender. He is just on a bad team, and you can tell by his play that he just does not want to be there anymore. Let's put it this way, if DiPietro was on the Buffalo Sabres right now, his numbers would be a ton better than they are now. If Ryan Miller were to get on the US Roster, I would hope it would be for John Grahame or Robert Esche. DiPietro is still a decent goaltender.

chubluv
02-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Thats fine , but if Miller gets on the roster if one of the others drop out it doesnt mean he is the man. Mike Emerik(sp?) was just on the radio saying Miller would be # 3 if he goes. Its a pecking order and Miller is currently #4. Mike Emerik also said watch out for Miller & the USA team in 2010 in Vancover.They should be a power house by then.

SabreEleven
02-07-2006, 04:27 PM
That would be sweet. USA to win gold on Canadien soil....Revenge is Mine!!!!!!

Typ0
02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I don't think RM not making it is a reason to diss any other player. RM didn't make it because he got hurt and was not even playing and Biron went on a tare. there was no telling what kind of playing time Miller was going to have when the team was selected. It's not a matter of lack of respect for anyone let's not turn it into anything.

Crisis
02-07-2006, 05:43 PM
He shouldn't.

Miller needs the rest during the break anyways...we have a brutal schedule coming up.

Typ0
02-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I don't buy that he needs the rest attitude either. He does deserve to be playing and isn't...and I'm sure he'd come back a better player.

Crisis
02-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Our March schedule...

March<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#b7b18f"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left" valign="top">DATE</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left" valign="top">H/A</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left" valign="top">OPPONENT</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left" valign="top">SCORE</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left" valign="top">TIME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="130">NAT'L TV</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 1 2006, Wed</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">HOME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Thrashers</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ded8b6"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 3 2006, Fri</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">HOME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Maple Leafs</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">8:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 4 2006, Sat</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">AWAY</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Bruins</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ded8b6"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 7 2006, Tue</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">HOME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Bruins</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 9 2006, Thu</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">HOME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Lightning</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ded8b6"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 11 2006, Sat</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">AWAY</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Flyers</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">2:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 12 2006, Sun</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">HOME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Bruins</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">5:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ded8b6"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 14 2006, Tue</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">AWAY</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Capitals</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">OLN</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 16 2006, Thu</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">HOME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Maple Leafs</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ded8b6"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 18 2006, Sat</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">AWAY</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Senators</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 20 2006, Mon</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">AWAY</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Thrashers</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ded8b6"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 22 2006, Wed</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">HOME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Hurricanes</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 24 2006, Fri</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">HOME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Senators</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">8:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ded8b6"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 25 2006, Sat</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">AWAY</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Bruins</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 27 2006, Mon</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">AWAY</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Rangers</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ded8b6"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 29 2006, Wed</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">HOME</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Bruins</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:00 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="right"> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Mar 30 2006, Thu</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">AWAY</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">Devils</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">
</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH" align="left">7:30 PM ET</td><td class="HEADLINEGRAPH">-</td></tr></tbody></table>
I'd say he needs to get rested for that.

qcsabresfan84
02-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I agree that he needs the rest. It's unfortunate that he isn't being recognized by his country for his play, but so be it for now. His time will surely come for USA hockey. With the schedule we have coming up, not to mention that this is his first time playing an entire NHL season, which is a lot diffferent than playing in college or the AHL, i think that the rest will do him some good.

JD
02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah man, crazy schedule..but all teams have it like that though.

Ruff SERIOUSLY needs to keep these boys working out, because these games are going to be a huge strain on their body.. conditioning is needed more than ever. Maybe even send some players down for some practice with the amerks and stuff, especially Miller if he stays in town!