PDA

View Full Version : Still no qb coach?

justasportsfan
02-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Can't wait to see who they decide to help JP mature/develop. Jp has the physical tools. No one can deny that. He just needs to have someone make the right decisions and do it now before his contract ends with buffalo. The kid has the work ethics. Maybe Sam Wyche's old school ways of developing qb's are no longer applicable by todays standard.

As I watched Brady and Hasselback play, I could see JP having the same success or at least making those throws , runs,etc. One thing I have yet to see JP do is thread passes between 2 defenders in tight coverage. Something his predecessor was good at during his prime. His passes tend to sail, something his predecessor did a lot of before he left the bills.

Faichild has tons of experience with young qb's. He's also had success with Henry. Problem is, can he make time to run an offense and stay close in developing JP.

As much as we hated Gilbride, he's done a decent job at developing Eli Manning. I hope Fairchild finds a qb coach soon and gets JP going during this offseason.

Mr. Miyagi
02-07-2006, 04:00 PM
As long as the guy's name is not John Shoop, bring him in.

The_Philster
02-07-2006, 04:30 PM
I'd still like to pry AVP away from the UB Bulls

justasportsfan
02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I'd still like to pry AVP away from the UB Bullswhy?

The_Philster
02-07-2006, 04:41 PM
He's smart..knows how to play the postion...he may have lacked the physical skills to be a great QB, but his entire career here he was learning different schemes every other year, it seemed...and he kept the #2 job most of that time...which tells me he did a pretty good job learning.

Jan Reimers
02-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I'd still like to pry AVP away from the UB Bulls
Me too. AVP is generally viewed as a real student of the QB position, one who could probably help JP with reading defenses and making the right decisions under pressure.

justasportsfan
02-07-2006, 04:44 PM
He's smart..knows how to play the postion...he may have lacked the physical skills to be a great QB, but his entire career here he was learning different schemes every other year, it seemed...and he kept the #2 job most of that time...which tells me he did a pretty good job learning.I'm not sure about experimenting with unproven coaches. JP needs to get good now or he'll end up doing well for some other team.

The_Philster
02-07-2006, 05:23 PM
We've had a proven one the last two years...

madness
02-08-2006, 07:48 AM
I have no problem bringing in AVP. From what I hear, he's pretty intelligent and knows the game very well.

ICE74129
02-08-2006, 08:21 AM
I don't see us having a QB coach. Fairchild has been a QB coach moreso than an OC in his career.

I feel he will serve as QB coach as well and I like it. I want him trying to teach the QB's to see what they need to see and how to see his system on the field. I think it is a great idea to let Fairchild just work with JP and have no middleman in the way.

Pride
02-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Part of me wonders if part of JP's lack of development was due to being coddled too much! The guy is in his mid twenties... time to fly or fall...

justasportsfan
02-08-2006, 08:31 AM
I don't see us having a QB coach. Fairchild has been a QB coach moreso than an OC in his career.

I feel he will serve as QB coach as well and I like it. I want him trying to teach the QB's to see what they need to see and how to see his system on the field. I think it is a great idea to let Fairchild just work with JP and have no middleman in the way. I don't have a problem with that. If he can't take a 6th rd. draft pick and turn him into a probowler , hopefully he can do something with JP.

ICE74129
02-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Part of me wonders if part of JP's lack of development was due to being coddled too much! The guy is in his mid twenties... time to fly or fall...

I believe that is exactly opposite of what happened. I had concerns he spent all offseason with wyche learing and hearing one way from wyche, but then MM and clements did it another way.

I feel he worked too hard. He put too much on himself and pushed too hard to be Ben rothlesburger. When he got no help from playcalling, the OL or the running game, he then felt he had to do it all on his own.

fix the lines, let fairchild be the QB coach and OC and let him get JP up to speed.

ICE74129
02-08-2006, 08:55 AM
I don't have a problem with that. If he can't take a 6th rd. draft pick and turn him into a probowler , hopefully he can do something with JP.

Here is what JP needs...

1) an Ol that can block.

2) a Coach that backs him 100% and puts him in a good position to use his talents.

3) Team mates that back him because he is the QB. 'Liking him' isn't an issue. You don't have to like him, but you do need to back him for the TEAMS sake.

4) A defense that can get off of the field.

We just do that, JP is lightyears better.