• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Oakland crowds leave wake of debris after Super Bowl

Rowdy crowds that took to the streets after the Oakland Raiders' Super Bowl defeat left parts of the city strewn with broken glass, charred hulks of burned cars and a fast-food restaurant with nearly every window broken.

Police responded to the trouble Sunday night with rubber bullets, tear gas and huge squads of officers that sought to disperse the crowds. At least 25 people were arrested, mostly for public drunkenness, authorities said.

Hoping to avoid rioting, police had assigned hundreds of extra officers to work Sunday, but as crowds gathered after the game, trouble broke out.
    more...
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Has anyone heard from ublink yet?

I know he was planning on heading to the riots.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Stupid :angry:ers...........

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
        Has anyone heard from ublink yet?

I know he was planning on heading to the riots.
        I thought he had changed his mind and was going to stay home????
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

This was to be expected. What's even more disturbing had Oakland one the destruction would probably have been 10 fold.

I'm still waiting on that one Earth quake to handle things out there in Cali.
          Last edited by RedEyE; 01-30-2003, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• MissBuffalo
            Quiddity
            • Jul 2002

Hey RedEye......wait on the earthquake thing 'till I get back home!!!!!

Actually, about 80 people were arrested and the cops were supposedly "prepared" this time. LOL--they actually had about 400 officers waiting for the rioters on International Blvd. You see how well that worked.
            See me here pushing you
            If I then deny I do
            Contemplate or wish away
            If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MissBuffalo
              Hey RedEye......wait on the earthquake thing 'till I get back home!!!!!

Actually, about 80 people were arrested and the cops were supposedly "prepared" this time. LOL--they actually had about 400 officers waiting for the rioters on International Blvd. You see how well that worked.
              OK

I wish I could move back

Comment

• MissBuffalo
                Quiddity
                • Jul 2002

Why can't you move back?? Is it because of work??
                I know it'll be tough to find a decent job in Buffalo. I'm just going to see what happens when I get there.
                See me here pushing you
                If I then deny I do
                Contemplate or wish away
                If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I love my job but absolutely hate Atlanta. I've been looking for over two years now and can't find anything in my field in Buffalo.

I've done the 'flying blind' move before, and while I'll admit that it's incredibly exciting, it took nearly a year to financially recover the both times that I moved. I'm not willing to experience that again, unless the economy forces my hand and I get laid off. I wish you all the best and expect to hear from you once your settled and the there are too many jobs for you to choose from and handle.
                  Last edited by RedEyE; 01-30-2003, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X