PDA

View Full Version : Grady Jackson or Ted Washington

T-Long
02-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Both are FA's and both could fill up the middle. If we were to get one, who would you want?

I'd have to lean more towards Grady Jackson. One of my best friends is a huge Packers fan and raves about him all the time.

But, ol' Teddy wants to come back to the Bills and play for Jauron. We'll have to see.

If we don't grab one of these guys in FA, Ngata, welcome to Buffalo.

T-Long
02-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Check that...

Washington ISNT a free agent. One report said he was...but I found that he wasn't.

Ok...so we'll switch it to Grady Jackson or Larry Triplett?

Spiderweb
02-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Check that...

Washington ISNT a free agent. One report said he was...but I found that he wasn't.

Ok...so we'll switch it to Grady Jackson or Larry Triplett?

It's been speculated here that TEd will be released by the Raiders, but the Raider boards seem to think he's good there for another year....Like what Ted said tho

vicmantak
02-09-2006, 04:52 AM
I would say Ted Washington if Bills want to stop the run but let's wait and see.

Night Train
02-09-2006, 05:24 AM
If the Bills are actually serious about running the Tampa Cover 2 D, then no 2 gap clogger will be signed. There is no place for them in this D. Check out Tampa and the Bears.

The D calls for 1 gap DT's with speed who can apply pressure. Sam Adams fits that mold but others do not. Tim Anderson will provide a breather for the starters. Look for the Bills to sign or draft another 1 gap DT and probably try and find another DE to fit this scheme.

This also makes me wonder if the Bills will draft Ngata. I don't care if 7000 mock drafts have him coming here. His style DOESN'T fit this scheme.

Jan Reimers
02-09-2006, 06:45 AM
I love Teddy Washington, who is a great former Bill, and I am definitely a proponent of "The Future is Now."

But Big Ted will turn 38 in April, and I have to wonder how much he has left.

ICE74129
02-09-2006, 06:47 AM
A further indictment as to the futility of Tom Donahoe. Grady Jackson was in here either last offseason or the one before. TD said he was too fat and we didn't need him...

gr8slayer
02-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Pass on both.

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2006, 08:48 AM
I would prefer Ted if he becomes a FA...

casdhf
02-09-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm sure anyone would be a positive addition, even if its for 15 plays a game.

McBFLO
02-09-2006, 09:18 AM
If the Bills are actually serious about running the Tampa Cover 2 D, then no 2 gap clogger will be signed. There is no place for them in this D. Check out Tampa and the Bears.

The D calls for 1 gap DT's with speed who can apply pressure. Sam Adams fits that mold but others do not. Tim Anderson will provide a breather for the starters. Look for the Bills to sign or draft another 1 gap DT and probably try and find another DE to fit this scheme.

This also makes me wonder if the Bills will draft Ngata. I don't care if 7000 mock drafts have him coming here. His style DOESN'T fit this scheme.
Yeah, I agree. If that's the case, I'd see them signing Triplett before Jackson.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-09-2006, 09:24 AM
How about Rocky Bernard from Seattle?

Seattle either has to sign or replace Shaun Alexander and re-sign Steve Hutchinson if they want to make another run at winning a Super Bowl now. That probably won't leave them with enough money for Bernard--who showed that he can put pressure on up the middle. And, he's still pretty young.

I am a big fan of Grady Jackson after seeing how bad the GB run D was when he was out last year and how it turned around when he came back, but if he's not a good fit, how about a young up-and-comer like Bernard?

tampabay25690
02-09-2006, 09:31 AM

Seattle either has to sign or replace Shaun Alexander and re-sign Steve Hutchinson if they want to make another run at winning a Super Bowl now. That probably won't leave them with enough money for Bernard--who showed that he can put pressure on up the middle. And, he's still pretty young.

I am a big fan of Grady Jackson after seeing how bad the GB run D was when he was out last year and how it turned around when he came back, but if he's not a good fit, how about a young up-and-comer like Bernard?

I like Bernard or Triplett...

Spiderweb
02-09-2006, 09:48 AM

Check with the cap experts, but IIRC Seattle doesn't have any cap issues. This will make keeping both possible, and highly probable.

PUCKER
02-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Big Ted in a heartbeat! :up:

TigerJ
02-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Agree with Jan on Ted. How much can he still move at his age and weight. Then I suppose he could eat more and get bigger. That way he could just stand there and running backs couldn't get past him.

casdhf
02-10-2006, 07:28 AM
The exact point is that he doesnt need to move. He needs to stand there and take up 3 lineman. He should be able to do that until he's 45.

TedMock
02-10-2006, 11:34 AM

Ron Edwards fits the 1-gap mould as well. I think he's a talented DT, but we have not played toward his strengths. We should've cut him a long time ago running the defense we've been running. His strengths lie either as a 1-gap DT in a 4-3, or as a DE in a 3-4. We tried placing him in Pat Williams position as a run-stuffing 2-gapper, and it's not his thing at all.

dolphinssuck
02-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Ted Washington and Grady Jacksons numbers are pretty much even. Washington had 37 tackles in 05, Jackson had 38 in 05. Both played 16 games and age is the only issue with TW at 38 and GJ at 33 5 years is alot of time in the NFL. But as for stats their basically along the same lines.

gr8slayer
02-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I seriously dont want either one but if you put a gun to my head and said "pick one" I would go with Ted.

dolphinssuck
02-11-2006, 07:58 AM
I seriously dont want either one but if you put a gun to my head and said "pick one" I would go with Ted.I know what you mean same here Id go with Ted only because hes got alittle more game time but I wouldnt be all gungho about it though.

patmoran2006
02-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Grady = too expensive
Ted = too old..

Gimme Kemoeatu and I'd be a happy camper.

vicmantak
02-12-2006, 03:46 AM
Grady = too expensive
Ted = too old..

Gimme Kemoeatu and I'd be a happy camper.
Totally agree!:shake:

Billsrock4life
02-12-2006, 07:06 PM
i would say ted washington but if oakland resigns him them grady jackson

G. Host
02-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Ted is not a free agent. Speculation is that he will be released for salary cap space.

Mahdi
02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Check with the cap experts, but IIRC Seattle doesn't have any cap issues. This will make keeping both possible, and highly probable.
They are already saying that signing both Hutch and Alexander will be difficult. If someone offers Bernard a good contract he will leave. IMO Bernard is the best option for the Bills. He finished the year with 52 tackles and 8.5 sacks which is incredible for a DT.

OpIv37
02-12-2006, 09:46 PM

the Bills have a scheme? This is news to me. The last time I saw anything that resembled a "scheme" in Buffalo was when Marv was coach.

Akhippo
02-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Rocky Bernard. This guy can play the penatrating style rather than holding up blockers. If were going to play cover 2 than the front four have to get pressure, not just stand there and let the DB's get eaten up.

Then Id still draft Ngata for a kickass three man rotation. I dont know what to do with the other DT's. But draft speculation is for another time. Mario Williams is my choice though.