PDA

View Full Version : Dont look for bigname FA's on defense

L.A. Playa
02-09-2006, 11:18 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=thedungydcanbedonedirtch&prov=tsn&type=lgns

anyone can play the Dungy defense

T-Long
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
great find! thanks

tat2dmike77
02-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Nice info Playa hopefully this means the bills will have a better d next season then they did last season.

ICE74129
02-09-2006, 01:58 PM
This is the best part....

"Corners for man-to-man schemes can be impossible to find, but corners for this scheme are as easy to come by as junk mail. They don't have to have imposing size, top speed or outstanding man-to-man coverage skills. All they need are instinct, discipline and toughness. The Bears' Nathan Vasher (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6869/) is a perfect example of a corner who might not fare well in some schemes, but he made the Pro Bowl playing for Smith."

Say goodbye Nate!

Saratoga Slim
02-09-2006, 02:43 PM
I like this. Sounds like the emphasis is on linebackers flying all over the place. AJ Hawk might not be a bad pick. I've been rooting for Brick, Williams, Ngata, in that order, but if Brick/Williams are off the board, Hawk might be a better choice for this scheme than Ngata.

Saratoga Slim
02-09-2006, 02:44 PM
ICE, I'll race you to -500 rep points.

ICE74129
02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
ICE, I'll race you to -500 rep points. You will lose, I have my own personal stalker. He apperantly can't get enough of my posts.

TigerJ
02-10-2006, 07:31 AM
I agree, the Dungy scheme makes Clements sound superfluous, and obviously fast linebackers are important. Ngata could still be useful since he has the speed and quickness of a smaller DT. Maybe there are smaller guys who could fit the bill though.

casdhf
02-10-2006, 07:38 AM
I think McGee makes the pro-bowl in this scheme. He's got the best ball instincts of any DB that we've had in 10 years.

ICE74129
02-10-2006, 09:18 AM
I think McGee makes the pro-bowl in this scheme. He's got the best ball instincts of any DB that we've had in 10 years.

Exactly. In this scheme McGahee would be a feared #1 CB.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-10-2006, 10:08 AM
As Indy and Chicago showed, speed is a real key in this defense and the more that you have of it across the field, the better. The more guys you can get flying to the ball, the more it seems like they are everywhere and there's no place to go.

There are a couple of players on the Bills D who won't fit, but, surprisingly, I think that there are probably more who do, especially if Spikes comes back without a major loss of his speed. Right now, the starting safeties look like the two spots that will need major upgrades in speed.

ICE74129
02-10-2006, 11:02 AM
As Indy and Chicago showed, speed is a real key in this defense and the more that you have of it across the field, the better. The more guys you can get flying to the ball, the more it seems like they are everywhere and there's no place to go.

There are a couple of players on the Bills D who won't fit, but, surprisingly, I think that there are probably more who do, especially if Spikes comes back without a major loss of his speed. Right now, the starting safeties look like the two spots that will need major upgrades in speed.

I think Vincent will be ok for one more year tops. It is too tough to replace both Safetys in one offseason. Milloy is too old, and too slow.

There is no need for clements. If he were more realistic in his demands, fine. but the clown thinks he is this great CB when in fact he is far from it.

L.A. Playa
02-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Trade down in the first rd and draft Darnell Bing and the S position is solved get Denver 2 #1's and a 3rd, the Bills could do very well in that scenario, Bing will be a better pro than Huff

mysticsoto
02-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Trade down in the first rd and draft Darnell Bing and the S position is solved get Denver 2 #1's and a 3rd, the Bills could do very well in that scenario, Bing will be a better pro than Huff

Really? I'm surprised you feel that way. I've been reading some, and there are quite a few who seem to think Bing is overrated. For one, he's kind of slow. Personally, I like Pat Watkins and Greg Blue. If Greg Blue could improve his catching skills, he could be a fantastic safety. He's extremely fast - (4.42 40) and loves to hit. Of course Pat Watkins is taller and a leaper and is better suited for interceptions, but not as fast, and maybe not as physical as Blue...so there's a tradeoff with both.

What do you like about Bing?

L.A. Playa
02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Bing is not slow, he was hurt much of this year. I have seen him play since HS out here he has speed and is big and strong and has great football instincts. He was the # 2 KR behind Bush for the Trojans, he will be a better pro S than Troy Polamamamauauauua

He was coached by the best D coach in college and in my opinion will be the next Ronnie Lott. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I have just seen a ton of USC games and this guy is the real deal plus he has a good attitude and is a good guy