PDA

View Full Version : Bills---First look at 2003

Ebenezer
01-27-2003, 11:45 AM
While CP and I ready our cap update article I was going over the current roster. Not to ruin anybody's day but lets take a look at some spots that might need propping up.

Currently the Bills might be in need of some help at these positions:

WR-Moulds, Reed...not much after #1 and #2
RB-Henry...need some backup.
DL-Can you say 2 true starters in Williams and Schobel.
LB-Fletcher and Robinson...Spoon coming off an injury and...the largest need on the team.
K/P-Moreman and Hollis are FA.

Otherwise:

OL-Set...top 6 all coming back.
TE-Set (for now)...top 3 all coming back.
QB-Set
FB-Centers...need to sign Crosby
DB-Set

:feedback:

clumping platelets
01-27-2003, 11:48 AM
Moorman is only EFA

Riemersma coming back?? :huh:

:ontome:

Bulldog
01-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Is Moreman a RFA? I hope that Buffalo resigns both Hollis and Moreman. I would like to think that they learned their lesson with the kickers they had in 2001.

Ebenezer
01-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Riemersma coming back??

I said for now...read what is in the parentheses...

kgun12
01-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Eb there is know thinking about it. 4 out of the 5 positions are really in need of help.

WR = I think after the initial run there well be some good WR's for a lot less the PP and Boston will get.

RB = A friend at work and I have this saying, RB's are a dime a dozen if you have a good to great OL. (see Denver) doesn't matter who they put back there they succeed. Our OL is getting there, young big and aggressive, with quality back-ups. Watch out this coming year!

The next 2 position is where the big bucks need to be spent, or the FO needs to do there homework. There is quality at both positions in Free agent market this year. Tampa front 7 on D are great, (make the DB's even better).

DL = We have PW and AS, good start. I think if we can get a quality guy to put next to PW (I like Noble or the other DT from Dallas can't think of his name) and if this Jones guy come back healthy there is a decent front 4, and our young back-ups did get some good playing time that is sure to help.

LB = This is where the FO needs to become a player in the FA market. The old saying go BIG or stay home. Claborne (sp), Colvin,
Brookings, Douglas and maybe Spikes if he doesn't get tagged of they pull it off him. Spoon shold come back as a heathly back-up or fight for a starting stop, but IMO he is a MLB. Foreman if used right could be a good pass rushing LBer, but our coaching staff didn't use him right the last few years.

K/P = All indications are the Hollis will be back (His words), and Mooremen is a RFA so he will be back.
If we can fill these needs via Free Agency than we can pick the Best availible player in the Draft, if not we have to pick for need and that's always tough.