PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stats...

Yasgur's Farm
02-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Holcomb's 2005 pass distribution...
EMo - 56
Evans - 19
Reed - 19
Parrish - 11
Aiken - 0
Smith - 3
Campbell - 15
Euhus - 0
Neufeld - 1
Williams - 8
McGahee - 24
Shelton - 9
Peters - 0

That's 59 for Moulds (35.1%) vs 109 for remainder of team

JP's 2005 pass distribution...
EMo - 25 (Moulds didn't participate in 2 games)
Evans - 29
Reed - 17
Parrish - 7
Aiken - 4
Smith - 2
Campbell - 5
Euhus - 3
Neufeld - 1
Williams - 9
McGahee - 7
Shelton - 4
Peters - 1

That's 29 for Evans (25.4%) vs 85 for remainder of team

Holcomb was clearly more disproportionate. There goes another Holcombite battle cry.

justasportsfan
02-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Disproportionate? I would throw to EM myself and when db's clamp on him, throw deep to Evans for a TD. What's wrong with that picture? It worked for Moulds and Price. It worked for Moulds and Evans in 04 . It also worked for JP when he finally started trusting his wr's instead of just throwing to Reed early in the season.

ICE74129
02-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Disproportionate? I would throw to EM myself and when db's clamp on him, throw deep to Evans for a TD. What's wrong with that picture? It worked for Moulds and Price. It worked for Moulds and Evans in 04 . It also worked for JP when he finally started trusting his wr's instead of just throwing to Reed early in the season.

Its wrong because it is predictable and Evans if used correctly, is about ready to come into his own.

Holcomb threw to Moulds to kiss his ass and keep him happy. Funny thing though...the Holcombites and JP haters said 'It is obvious JP prefers Evans to moulds'. Really? By what? 4 passes? Yeah....that is really favoring evans...(sarcasm off)

chubluv
02-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Does it matter whom threw to who. We didnt win and thats all that should matter.

justasportsfan
02-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Its wrong because it is predictable and Evans if used correctly, is about ready to come into his own.

Holcomb threw to Moulds to kiss his ass and keep him happy. Funny thing though...the Holcombites and JP haters said 'It is obvious JP prefers Evans to moulds'. Really? By what? 4 passes? Yeah....that is really favoring evans...(sarcasm off)So you're telling me that Drew, Rob and Flutie were all kissing Moulds butt?

If KH was given the snaps at camp and practice , maybe he would've gotten comfortable w/ Evans and would've thrown to him more . Qb's throw to their no.1 wr all the time.

When Evans is ready to take the no.1 spot, they will throw to him more. Right now Moulds is better up the middle which is why he's being thrown to.

Earthquake Enyart
02-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Moulds didn't play 2 games that JP did. That's why those numbers were skewed.

JP took more deep shots to Evans than Holcomb. These numbers aren't surprising to me.

Mr B
02-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Nevermind Moulds and Evans, look at how many passes to the TE. Too bad the TE was in blocking so much.

gr8slayer
02-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Nevermind Moulds and Evans, look at how many passes to the TE. Too bad the TE was in blocking so much.
We have a TE?

ICE74129
02-10-2006, 09:24 AM
So you're telling me that Drew, Rob and Flutie were all kissing Moulds butt?

If KH was given the snaps at camp and practice , maybe he would've gotten comfortable w/ Evans and would've thrown to him more . Qb's throw to their no.1 wr all the time.

When Evans is ready to take the no.1 spot, they will throw to him more. Right now Moulds is better up the middle which is why he's being thrown to.

No moulds is being thrown to because they 1) arent using Evans to his full talents (*) And 2) Holcomb is kissing Moulds ass.

You can't compare price to Evans. (*) Evans coming out was more talented than moulds. Price wasn't. Evans had better hands, speed, route running and a much better work ethic and attitude coming out than moulds did when he came out.

Evans could be ready this year to be the #1 WR if they actually let him. I think Fairchild will.

justasportsfan
02-10-2006, 10:49 AM
No moulds is being thrown to because they 1) arent using Evans to his full talents (*) And 2) Holcomb is kissing Moulds ass.. and Manning is kissing Harrisons ass? I don't think so.

Just like it was stated earlier, Moulds runs shorter routes ,therefore he gets the balls thrown to him more often. KH doesn't have the arm to keep going deep.

You can't compare price to Evans. (*) Evans coming out was more talented than moulds. Price wasn't. Evans had better hands, speed, route running and a much better work ethic and attitude coming out than moulds did when he came out.

Evans could be ready this year to be the #1 WR if they actually let him. I think Fairchild will. Maybe in time Evans will be better than Moulds ( I hope it happens this year) , right now he hasn't proven that he can handle double coverage. If Moulds is in single coverage, you throw to him. That's what qb's have done over the years. That's why teams sned 2 db's to cover him.

Point is, Holcomb is no different from all the qb's that's played with Moulds. They all make Moulds their first option.

ICE74129
02-10-2006, 10:58 AM
and Manning is kissing Harrisons ass? I don't think so.

didn't wayne get more catches than Harrison this year? No wait, wayne had one more and they had about the same yardage etc.

Just like it was stated earlier, Moulds runs shorter routes ,therefore he gets the balls thrown to him more often.

Thank you for proving my point. They aren't using Evans to his full abilities

KH doesn't have the arm to keep going deep.

Further proof he isn't the QB for us.

Maybe in time Evans will be better than Moulds ( I hope it happens this year) , right now he hasn't proven that he can handle double coverage.

It was his first year trying to handle it. and If the film I look at is correct...and it is, Evans had more double teams than moulds this year.

If Moulds is in single coverage, you throw to him. That's what qb's have done over the years. That's why teams sned 2 db's to cover him.

Other than sitting in zones, when has moulds gotten open even against single team coverage? Not much.

Point is, Holcomb is no different from all the qb's that's played with Moulds. They all make Moulds their first option.

And at this point he shouldn't be. If Evans is used correctly , he should be the first option.

ICE74129
02-10-2006, 11:00 AM
and let me add, until Evans got here Moulds was the only option. Price was a guy that just ran the fly patterns. Evans is the whole package. Use him correctly and it will be come very clear, very quickly.

Yasgur's Farm
02-10-2006, 11:18 AM
The whole point of this thread was to show those that accuse JPL of favoring Evans that it's just the opposite... Holcomb favors Moulds (justified favoritism or not).

I guess, by presenting facts such as this, that some people feel the overwhelming urge to neg me. That's OK... I can handle it... If one can't handle the truth, neg away because it must be my fault. Right justa?

tat2dmike77
02-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Does it matter whom threw to who. We didnt win and thats all that should matter.

I'm with you chub.

Even if we threw to moulds all season the team still stunk i want wins.

justasportsfan
02-10-2006, 02:51 PM
No on eis arguing whether KH is our qb or not. We're not sure either if JP is our guy. He could'very well be the next Rob Johnsons. But to say that KH threw to MOulds because he was kissing Moulds' ass is nothing more than opinion. Not fact.

ICE74129
02-10-2006, 03:24 PM
No on eis arguing whether KH is our qb or not. We're not sure either if JP is our guy. He could'very well be the next Rob Johnsons. But to say that KH threw to MOulds because he was kissing Moulds' ass is nothing more than opinion. Not fact.

Really? Funny how just as soon as Moulds is re insteated holcomb is QB due to an 'injury' that losman all of a sudden gets. One that BTW he isn't allowed to talk about.

Then holcomb not only feeds Moulds left and right, he forces the ball to him to the point he starts getting picked off.

Funny how all of that went down huh?

justasportsfan
02-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Really? Funny how just as soon as Moulds is re insteated holcomb is QB due to an 'injury' that losman all of a sudden gets. One that BTW he isn't allowed to talk about.

Then holcomb not only feeds Moulds left and right, he forces the ball to him to the point he starts getting picked off.

Funny how all of that went down huh? You work for the bills or are you guessing?

Yasgur's Farm
02-10-2006, 07:09 PM
To set this in perspective...

Of the number of passes caught by the top 2 WR's of any team, what other NFL QB threw 78.67% to 1 and only 21.33% to the other?

That's exactly what Holcomb did... Moulds 78.67, Evans 21.33%
P. Manning... Harrison 52.76%, Wayne 46.24%
Palmer... Walter 52.52%, Henry 47.48%
Brady... Branch 56.93%, Givens 43.07%
Roethlisberger... Ward 66.35%, Randle El 33.65%
Plummer... Smith 66.93%, Lelie 33.07%
Hasselback... Jackson 69.92%, Engram 30.08%
E. Manning... Burress 55.88%, Toomer 44.12%

Get the picture?
Shall I go on?
No other QB was any where near as diproportionate as Holcomb... Yet all you Holcombites accuse JP of playing favorites.
I think we all know who the reall as skisser is.

NEGG THAT!!!

Yasgur's Farm
02-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Heres an interesting stat my dildo is 4 inches thick while my butthole is only 3 inches wide wanna see if it fits? SkoobyNice comments on the negg skooby. You proud of that?

justasportsfan
02-11-2006, 08:29 AM
To set this in perspective...

Of the number of passes caught by the top 2 WR's of any team, what other NFL QB threw 78.67% to 1 and only 21.33% to the other?

That's exactly what Holcomb did... Moulds 78.67, Evans 21.33%
P. Manning... Harrison 52.76%, Wayne 46.24%
Palmer... Walter 52.52%, Henry 47.48%
Brady... Branch 56.93%, Givens 43.07%
Roethlisberger... Ward 66.35%, Randle El 33.65%
Plummer... Smith 66.93%, Lelie 33.07%
Hasselback... Jackson 69.92%, Engram 30.08%
E. Manning... Burress 55.88%, Toomer 44.12%

Get the picture?
Shall I go on?
No other QB was any where near as diproportionate as Holcomb... Yet all you Holcombites accuse JP of playing favorites.
I think we all know who the reall as skisser is.

NEGG THAT!!!
you're forgetting something, Holcomb didn't have the convenience of throwing to these guys or getting familiar with them at camp or practice. All those qb's you are comparing KH to were not first year qb's with their respective teams..

Yasgur's Farm
02-11-2006, 08:51 AM
you're forgetting something, Holcomb didn't have the convenience of throwing to these guys or getting familiar with them at camp or practice. What? Was Holcomb a late addition to the roster?

Holcomb was at every mini-camp... He was at training camp ( I was there myself. He got many, many snaps)... He was at practice everyday. He had every opportunity to become familiar with every WR on the roster... Maybe your referring to something else when you say "familiar", because man love is what I saw come game time.

All those qb's you are comparing KH to were not first year qb's with their respective teams. I wasn't selective with my research... I included every QB i looked up. Compare any other QB in the NFL... Anyone you'd like. I'd be curious what you'd find.

You're grasping at straws here justa.

justasportsfan
02-11-2006, 09:14 AM
What? Was Holcomb a late addition to the roster?

Holcomb was at every mini-camp... He was at training camp ( I was there myself. He got many, many snaps)... He was at practice everyday. He had every opportunity to become familiar with every WR on the roster... Maybe your referring to something else when you say "familiar", because man love is what I saw come game time.
I wasn't selective with my research... I included every QB i looked up. Compare any other QB in the NFL... Anyone you'd like. I'd be curious what you'd find.

You're grasping at straws here justa.I was there too, he didn't have the snaps to the first team like JP did. He also hasn't been on the team long enough compared to the qb's you were comparing him to.

I am grasping straws? You guys are the ones finding ways to make KH look bad just so you can justify JP's performance.

Most of us want JP to succeeed. Most of us wanted JP to play like a probowler last year. I even want him to start this year, but sheez, KH was not the reason JP was benched. Blame it one the coaches, Ol rb, whatever. Holcomb?

Yasgur's Farm
02-11-2006, 10:18 AM
This was never directed at you specifically justa... Only those who try to
find ways to make JP look badOne of those ways has been the accusation that JP plays favorites. I've proven the opposite is true.

I just thought I'd shed a little light on the subject for those who live in darkness.

If the shoe fits you, so be it. If not... stop trying to twist this into a
KH was not the reason JP was benchedthread.

justasportsfan
02-11-2006, 11:30 AM
This was never directed at you specifically justa... Only those who try toOne of those ways has been the accusation that JP plays favorites. I've proven the opposite is true.

I just thought I'd shed a little light on the subject for those who live in darkness.

If the shoe fits you, so be it. If not... stop trying to twist this into athread. Fair enough.

I just can't see how KH was disproportionate since QB's usually have their favorite wr to throw to.PLus he just doing what most qb's that played with the bills, throw to Moulds. I'm not surprised KH went with Moulds after all his routes were just enough for KH arm and Moulds is still the best all around wr on the team.

I've stated this several times, JP has the tools. The only thing he does not posses is the ability to read D's. Experience will fix that and hopefully Marv will build him an OL that gives him time to do so instead of spending time trying to run for his life.