PDA

View Full Version : Fanball said Losman was incompetent

G. Host
02-10-2006, 03:47 PM
but what do fans know anyways?

Losman was banged around quite a bit last season, playing in just nine games due to shoulder, thigh, and knee injuries as well as general incompetence.

They also say QB is not a need position.

On paper, the Bills seem to have things under control. They have a veteran quarterback grooming a talented former first-round pick, a solid running back, quality receivers, and an offensive line that blends early draft pick with veterans who had proven success before signing coming to Buffalo.

But again like fans that are schizoid in their opinions .......

Bills Offseason Game Plan (http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.5464)

Aside from the schizoid writings a good summary page of season/offseason needs. They also missed Crow signed an extension.

Philagape
02-10-2006, 05:10 PM
At certain points last year, he was, which is pretty common for first-year QBs.

ublinkwescore
02-10-2006, 05:13 PM
You guys didn't notice I guess that he looked sharp as a tack when he had time - unfortunately, he didn't get the time he needed from the Oline...

I think it's safe to say he's got the longball to Evans down.

ICE74129
02-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Did you read the entire article? It flat sucked. The guy is a moron that seems to have not watched a single Bills game

ublinkwescore
02-10-2006, 05:44 PM
I tend to not read articles like this - since it's apparent the guy doesn't know what he's talking about from the start.

I think it's rather sad that certain players on this team (on offense) refused to give 110% for Losman, but they'd give it for Holcombe - they could have really helped his growing pains be reduced, and helped his confidence out a lot - hopefully a lot of these guys will be gone next year.

Night Train
02-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Fanball....good grief.

Create a webiste and make yourself an expert on everything.

What a world.

Philagape
02-10-2006, 07:26 PM
You guys didn't notice I guess that he looked sharp as a tack when he had time - unfortunately, he didn't get the time he needed from the Oline...

I think it's safe to say he's got the longball to Evans down.

Hence the words "at certain points." At other times, he looked really good

dolphinssuck
02-10-2006, 07:54 PM
JP is better than usually given credit for some folks refuse to take in account the other factors that affected his play. I only hope JP starts next season and shows these folks he deserves to start.

G. Host
02-10-2006, 09:31 PM
I tend to not read articles like this - since it's apparent the guy doesn't know what he's talking about from the start.

I think it's rather sad that certain players on this team (on offense) refused to give 110% for Losman, but they'd give it for Holcombe - they could have really helped his growing pains be reduced, and helped his confidence out a lot - hopefully a lot of these guys will be gone next year.

It is impossible to give 110% and every time some jock talks about doing I laugh my head off at the idiot! :rofl:

Meathead
02-10-2006, 10:32 PM
jp blew massive donkey

but thats not unusual for a first time starter, especially considering he missed the first half of his rookie season

but he got better every start and appeared to be progressing rapidly

i think he'll be fine and end up being at least an above average qb. he certainly has some rare talent (ala flutie) and a cannon. i wouldnt be surprised at all if he ended up a stud

ICE74129
02-11-2006, 06:48 AM
It is impossible to give 110% and every time some jock talks about doing I laugh my head off at the idiot! :rofl:

I guess that is moot point then since Moulds didn't even play at 70% when JP Was in there. That is an issue the Marv being a former coach will clearly see on film as will DJ. They need to address it or send him packing.

kgun12
02-11-2006, 06:57 AM
but what do fans know anyways?

Losman was banged around quite a bit last season, playing in just nine games due to shoulder, thigh, and knee injuries as well as general incompetence.

They also say QB is not a need position.

On paper, the Bills seem to have things under control. They have a veteran quarterback grooming a talented former first-round pick, a solid running back, quality receivers, and an offensive line that blends early draft pick with veterans who had proven success before signing coming to Buffalo.

But again like fans that are schizoid in their opinions .......

Bills Offseason Game Plan (http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.5464)

Aside from the schizoid writings a good summary page of season/offseason needs. They also missed Crow signed an extension.

The first mistake was reading Fanball. Just look at what is in this post!

They refer to Losman in terms like "general incompetence" and then refer to him as a "talented former first-round pick"

Then they say we had a "solid running back"? We do? I guess when he wants to play.
or
"offensive line that blends early draft pick with veterans who had proven success before signing coming to Buffalo" Who are these veterans with proven success? If they had that much success, they would have still been with there former teams! We waited til the end of FA and pick the best of the rest, which was crap.

Jan Reimers
02-11-2006, 07:39 AM
It's amazing how a great team can turn an "incompetent" QB into a star. Big Ben Roethlisberger - the new rave of fans everywhere - had a Super Bowl passer rating of something like 22.6. Is anyone calling him incompetent?

justasportsfan
02-11-2006, 08:42 AM
but he got better every start and appeared to be progressing rapidly

i think he'll be fine and end up being at least an above average qb. he certainly has some rare talent (ala flutie) and a cannon. i wouldnt be surprised at all if he ended up a stud

:up: I mean Holcombite :mad:

TigerJ
02-11-2006, 09:16 AM
I presume what they mean was that Losman's play last season was incompetent, as opposed to incompetence being an integral part of his football nature. They just weren't terribly careful in their use of terms.

ublinkwescore
02-11-2006, 05:01 PM
All I've got to say is that we picked up a hell of a qb if we can give the poor guy some time on each passing play - at least 2.5 seconds without him having to scramble for his life.

TigerJ
02-11-2006, 10:04 PM
I am optimistic for Losman's future. I think he needed to learn some things this past season, not only football stuff, but team attitude etc. Hopefully he's ready to take a giant step forward next season.