PDA

View Full Version : Everyone sign up

kardshark19
02-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Here is a petition to have the NFL try and do something to keep games more played out by the players, and not let ref's calls dictate the game. I didn't see this posted anywhere, but thought some who agree would like to sign it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/nfl12006/petition.html (http://m1e.net/c?47973836-mHFej4dd.i2/g%401440448-jBUGbMgXzQ4sM)

Night Train
02-10-2006, 05:55 PM
I don't think it's fixed, so signing that is assinine.

I do think the practice of giving older people of privilege part time jobs as officials doesn't work in this day and age. The game is too fast for most of these older guys. The results are predictable. They become intimidated by the players and coaches too easily many times, then miss blatant fouls in other instances.

Full time younger guys who know how to work with the replay system that has their back. The current crop of officials all have full time jobs during the week. If they can't quit those jobs to improve their skills as officials, then show them the door.

ublinkwescore
02-10-2006, 06:02 PM
I signed it - here's my comment

28609. Loren Phillips I can also be found at www.billszone.com/fanzone as ublinkwescore

- I should have stated more about how I feel about the reffing in the NFL, but being a Bills fan, I'm sure the rest of the league is quite familiar with how much we get screwed by the refs (though not quite as bad as Al Davis - we just have the bad luck of going up against the NFL's sweethearts - like the Pats, Jets, and the Titans that one year they got hot.

BAM
02-10-2006, 06:52 PM
<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" width="85%"><tbody><tr><td>28602.</td><td>SHOELESS JOE JACKSON</td> <td>I can't imagine anyone fixing a sporting event.</td></tr></tbody></table>
:snicker:

ajsdx
02-11-2006, 04:50 PM
29100. Tom Brady **** HAHAHA - I used a coin with TAILS on both sides! ******

:rofl:

ublinkwescore
02-11-2006, 04:51 PM
ajsdx. who is that girl in your sig?

DaBills
02-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Full-time refs aren't the answer imo. Refs get better reffing games. What happens when the season ends after only 4 months? Ref Arena league games? Eventually, refs will lose their edge if they aren't working real games. Only so many tapes you can watch. If reviewing game tape and watching as many games was the answer, JP would be freakin Montana by now.

Even when you have FT refs, it's no guarantee. Major league baseball has umps working winter ball, 162 games, playoffs, and they still blow calls consistantly.

Age imo is not an issue as long as they keep up. Older refs have probably seen more in the game. Look at the top refs in all sports and most are older.

I think the real problem isn't letting them play andleaving it up to the players. Hell, if we do that, dudes like Moss, TO or Michael Irvin (back when he played) will push off all day and claim they never did.

What's ****ed up is the replay system. If you have replay clearly showing a call was wrong, or NOT made, then it should be allowed to be overturned. Let coaches have some additional challenges that cover what they see as critical penalties in critical situations. (Pass intereference where it could mean the difference between losing and winning the game. Inadvertant whistles also need to be a thing of the past. On those instances, the play should be done over.