PDA

View Full Version : News from ProBowl

G. Host
02-12-2006, 08:28 PM
1. Miami has absolutely no interest in TO :rofl:
2. If TO wants to play in Denver he needs to convince veterans (i.e. Plummer, Rod Smith, Lynch) and the response has been luke warm
3. Market for veteran RBs will be lukewarm which means Willis has no chance of renegoting
4. "Some progress" on new salary cap deal

ICE74129
02-12-2006, 08:57 PM
I think the Cap deal will be done in the next week or so. No way do they want to put off Free agency.

Willis has most likely been told to keep his mouth shut and just play out his contract. Even later, teams just aren't going to pay high dollar anymore to RB's. They see how rookies and above average talent can really produce now.

Goobylal
02-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah there's supposed to be a glut of good RB's on the market. Willis ain't getting a new deal, at least not for more money. He might get a renegotiation to pay him more bonus and lower his cap hit for next year.

kgun12
02-13-2006, 07:59 AM
What if we when cut Big Mike, use that money to go after E. James or S. Alexander. Just a thought.

justasportsfan
02-13-2006, 08:09 AM
What if we when cut Big Mike, use that money to go after E. James or S. Alexander. Just a thought.who's gonna block for them? Get an OL and Willis will do fine. He will vindicate his "I'm the best rb in the NFL" with the right players in front of him and a coordinator who actually knows the right definition of smashmouth football. The last coach thought it meant "throw on 1st and goal "

ICE74129
02-13-2006, 11:48 AM
who's gonna block for them? Get an OL and Willis will do fine. He will vindicate his "I'm the best rb in the NFL" with the right players in front of him and a coordinator who actually knows the right definition of smashmouth football. The last coach thought it meant "throw on 1st and goal "

I disagree. I don't think Willis will ever be a 'great' back unless we have holes created like the cowboys made for Emitt. He has no natural kneebend and no natural ability to cutback like the backs listed.

I do feel it is a waste of money to try and get alexander or edge. Draft picks these days come in and make an immediate impact if they have a good line in front of them. Ask T Davis.

dolphinssuck
02-13-2006, 11:54 AM
I disagree. I don't think Willis will ever be a 'great' back unless we have holes created like the cowboys made for Emitt. He has no natural kneebend and no natural ability to cutback like the backs listed.

I do feel it is a waste of money to try and get alexander or edge. Draft picks these days come in and make an immediate impact if they have a good line in front of them. Ask T Davis. True it would be a waste to bting in another back that would have basically the same cutting abilities as WM. If we wanted to bring in another back Id like to see one who has that cut back ability and can turn on a dime at leave a tackler looking confused.

ICE74129
02-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Hell gates could do that if they gave him a chance.

eyedog
02-13-2006, 12:43 PM
OJ is occupied at the moment and WM can do the job if he gets any type of blocking up front. bringing in a fa rb is the last thing this team needs.