X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muestafa1
    • Apr 2003

Bills sign Alex Van Pelt as Offensive Quality Control Coach

The Bills have signed Alex Van Pelt as their offensive quality control coach
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Alex Van Pelt is BACK!

VCOACH reports that the Buffalo Bills have hired Alex Van Pelt as their Offensive Quality Control Coach.

He would have been better at QB coach than Schonert. But oh well. At least he's back.

Comment

• DynaPaul
      • Sep 2003

Re: Bills sign Alex Van Pelt as Offensive Quality Control Coach

OK, what the hell does the Offensive Quality Control Coach do?

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

breaks down film of the opposing defenses and of our own offense...picks out tendencies that we may have so we can learn to avoid tipping our hands too often
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

AVP is an excellent addition who will be super at analyzing opposing defenses and how our offense can exploit them. Great move!
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

I think AVP will make a good OC some day.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• That Guy
                • Apr 2004

AVP is our future head coach.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Aug 2004

Good move for AVP and a good move for the Bills.

All AVP needs is to get some experience coaching and this will be a good start for him on the pro level. It may be the bottom rung on the ladder, but for a guy with no real coaching experience thus far, it's a place to start. His familiarity with the team and the city will help the other new coaches as well. I was hoping that the Bills would find a place for him on their coaching staff and I'm glad that they did.
                  Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

alot of good coaches started at quality control..

another old face back with the bills.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      alot of good coaches started at quality control..
                      Didn't Mularkey start as an offensive quality control guy? LOL

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Considering we have an inexperienced OC and a head coach which comes from defense side of ball this is a good job for Van Pelt, even better than QB coach for he will put input into all aspects of offense.

I wonder how UB is reacting?
                        Murphy in the booth must be estatic!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

What makes Van Pelt such a good coach? Im sure he knows football, but what am I missing? Was he not a career 3rd string quarterback who was given a shot at playing for a little and didnt do so hot? He also has no experience at coaching. So someone please explain to me why this is such at great move?

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

Because every QB and OC he has worked with has said he is one of the best ar diagnosing defenses. The one true shot he got to start was a year in which he was hurt. He actually broke Dan Marino's college record in WCO so that means he is really good at that portion of the game.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I think the last few years of his playing career he functioned as something of a player/coach. I think that a quality control guy is not going to have a major impact on what the offence does. Alex will be competent because he is a bright guy, and very knowledgeable when it comes to understanding the game. He was not a great QB because he lacked the physical talent. Mainly, this lets him get his foot in the door of NFL coaching. I think down the road he'l'probably be a pretty good coach/offensive coordinator.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X