PDA

View Full Version : Bills fans can't handle...

Yasgur's Farm
02-13-2006, 06:11 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the "new breed" Bills fan can't handle a talented back-up at QB.

I know that in the Superbowl era there were a few fools who would call for Frank to start over Jimbo. We all kind of winked at this knowing that it was pure nonsense.

But now-a-days this ignorant minotity actually harms the health of this franchise. I blame it on the "Madden" generation.

venis2k1
02-13-2006, 06:34 PM
i can handle a talented back-up, i cant handle two sub average starters.

patmoran2006
02-13-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm not understanding your point.. When we don't even know who the starter is yet.

This is not your Jim/Frank situation.

The_Philster
02-13-2006, 08:47 PM
I see your point and agree..thing is, it's hardly new. It's been said that the most popular guy on the team is the back-up QB..especially on a team that's struggling.

ICE74129
02-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the "new breed" Bills fan can't handle a talented back-up at QB.

I know that in the Superbowl era there were a few fools who would call for Frank to start over Jimbo. We all kind of winked at this knowing that it was pure nonsense.

But now-a-days this ignorant minotity actually harms the health of this franchise. I blame it on the "Madden" generation.

I can handle a talented BACKUP. not an assclown that is doing his damnedest to try and become the starter.

Frank Reich knew his role. someone should force holcomb to understand his....as the BACKUP.

ICE74129
02-13-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm not understanding your point.. When we don't even know who the starter is yet.

Sure we know who it is. It' JP or some other Vet. Holcomb is a BACKUP and the SOB needs to understand that is all he is

The_Philster
02-13-2006, 08:52 PM
There's nothing wrong with a backup QB who works his hardest to earn a starting role
Only 2 things though
1...he can't undermine the starter..no matter what, the team comes first and attacking a teammate through the media or refusing to work with him is a problem
2...fans have to learn that even the best starting QBs struggle at times...and when they're young, they need to learn through the struggles

ICE74129
02-13-2006, 08:54 PM
sure there is something wrong with it. Reich was a BACKUP and knew his role. Holcomb should do the same but he won't. he still wants to start and do so here and will play the locker room politics to do so.

The_Philster
02-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Reich was a BACKUP and knew his role.Reich accepted the backup role for the good of the team...but if you think he never wanted to start, I got a bridge to sell you. He could've stayed in Buffalo and remained the backup but went to Carolina in '95 for a starting job
Holcomb should do the same but he won't. link?

ICE74129
02-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Reich accepted the backup role for the good of the team...but if you think he never wanted to start, I got a bridge to sell you. He could've stayed in Buffalo and remained the backup but went to Carolina in '95 for a starting joblink?

I don't need a fuggin link. If you don't know the sob is playing the locker room to be the starter I will sell you your own bridge.

what reich wanted doesn't matter. he knew his role and played it. if holcomb can't get his ass outta here.

The_Philster
02-13-2006, 09:01 PM
So you're accusing Holcomb of being a locker room cancer now? :rofl:

ICE74129
02-13-2006, 09:06 PM
So you're accusing Holcomb of being a locker room cancer now? :rofl:

No a locker room lawyer. So you are saying he didnt' play the locker room to get to start? Sure he did. and Sure he will this entire offseason. and when you have a guy that thinks he is a starter, goes around lawering the other players that he should be starting, then yes it is a cancer on your team.

Funny though how when it was bledsoe and Mathews there were no issues. Mathews might be the best QB on this roster right now. Everyone says holcomb over JP, Mathews is more qualified than holcomb. But what does shane do? He knows his role and keeps his mouth shut and does his job.

BTW I remember Cleveland fans on this and every other bills board warning us that holcomb would pull this crap.

BidsJr
02-13-2006, 09:11 PM
:usflag:

That's right! Holcumb is not nearly as good as Frank was. :usflag:

ddaryl
02-14-2006, 04:25 AM
I cna handle a talented backup, and that is what KH can be

BUT JP is the starter and KH needs to know his role and embrace it, and Bills fans in general have ot get off of JP's ass an accept a few years of growing pains, cause that's a necessary reality.

the other reality is KH represents Doug Flutie, talented enough to get you some wins, but unable to maintain consistency as a full time starter.

ICE74129
02-14-2006, 06:36 AM
I cna handle a talented backup, and that is what KH can be

BUT JP is the starter and KH needs to know his role and embrace it, and Bills fans in general have ot get off of JP's ass an accept a few years of growing pains, cause that's a necessary reality.

the other reality is KH represents Doug Flutie, talented enough to get you some wins, but unable to maintain consistency as a full time starter.

Bingo. and both of them have over inflated opinions of thier skills.

Jan Reimers
02-14-2006, 06:38 AM
I think that coming in, Holcomb understood that he would be backing up JP, and never said anything different, at least publicly.

Mularkey caused the controversy by being a weak, vacilating, spineless SOB who made all of a 4 game commitment to JP, then yanked him in a vain attempt to save his job. Players like Moulds also contributed to Mularkey's decision - or rather, indecision.

Some fans, too, wanted Holcomb as the starter, because among the Hot Pockets, Xbox generation, you can't give a young guy even a season to learn.

So it wasn't really Holcomb pushing for the starting job, but rather a weak coach, selfish players, and ridiculously impatient fans.

Jan Reimers
02-14-2006, 06:43 AM
. . . Oh, and of course Holcomb wants to start, which is only natural for any competitive athlete. I just get the impression that he didn't lobby for it like a clubhouse cancer would do.

justasportsfan
02-14-2006, 06:44 AM
I can handle a talented BACKUP. not an assclown that is doing his damnedest to try and become the starter.

Frank Reich knew his role. someone should force holcomb to understand his....as the BACKUP.I'm glad Fltuie never settled for no.2 or else we'd be in deep crap. You want players who are hungry for top spot.

People like Brady and Hasselback (to name a few)don't sit on their butts and accept that they are just 6th rd. draft picks.

Now KH is an SOB because he tried to play to the best of his abilities? I know KH will never be the answer and I hope JP wins the job , but don't try to make KH look like he too is a locker room cancer because of your love for JP. You're one of those fans who want to divide a fan base because of your infatuation for 1 player. You're getting too obvious.

ICE74129
02-14-2006, 06:51 AM
I'm glad Fltuie never settled for no.2 or else we'd be in deep crap. You want players who are hungry for top spot.

People like Brady and Hasselback don't sit on their butts and accept that they are just 6th rd. draft picks.

Now KH is an SOB because he tried to play to the best of his abilities? I know KH will never be the answer but don't try to make him look like he too is a locker room cancer because of your love for JP. Get a grip. You're getting too obvious.

Kelly holcomb has had his shot in this league and proven time and time again he isn't a starter. Brady was put in due to injury, and Hasselback was going to be stuck in Green Bay until Holmgren traded for him. You are using kids as an example when I am talking about a 10 year vet on the downside of his career.

When KH Was in Indy, fine. Cleveland, fine. He is in Buffalo now and is the Backup. No one else tried to sign him to be the starter. Hell even cleveland said he would be the backup to Trent Dilfer!

Doug flutie....the gimic. How many teams have made him a starter since he left Buffalo and split the locker room? SD let him start a few games while Brees got worked in.

Doug Flutie and Holcomb are not starters in this league, never have been. Flutie got ran out because of a lack of consistant skill. That is why Holcomb isn't in cleveland.

Holcomb is an sob because he is splitting the locker room just like Flutie did and just like he did in cleveland with Couch. That is his M.O. and cleveland fans came on here and every other board and warned us it would happen. That is why he is an SOB. Know your role, shut your mouth, should be the theme for Holcomb

ICE74129
02-14-2006, 06:53 AM
. . . Oh, and of course Holcomb wants to start, which is only natural for any competitive athlete. I just get the impression that he didn't lobby for it like a clubhouse cancer would do.

Sure he did. That was what we were told he would do and he did. At no time did I hear 'This is JP's team... I am just coming in and doing my job until whenever...' Not once. Backups do that.

justasportsfan
02-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Kelly holcomb has had his shot in this league and proven time and time again he isn't a starter. Brady was put in due to injury, and Hasselback was going to be stuck in Green Bay until Holmgren traded for him. You are using kids as an example when I am talking about a 10 year vet on the downside of his career

When KH Was in Indy, fine. Cleveland, fine. He is in Buffalo now and is the Backup. No one else tried to sign him to be the starter. Hell even cleveland said he would be the backup to Trent Dilfer!

Doug flutie....the gimic. How many teams have made him a starter since he left Buffalo and split the locker room? SD let him start a few games while Brees got worked in.

Doug Flutie and Holcomb are not starters in this league, never have been. Flutie got ran out because of a lack of consistant skill. That is why Holcomb isn't in cleveland..I know KH is a journeyman. But I expect our back-ups to play their heart out when they are in there just like Riech did when he was here or Van Pelt. Playing the best to their abilities does not mean they are being a cancer .

Don't give me that I'm a coach crap. It doesn't matter what sport you play, any "REAL" coach would know that they would want backups to play like it's the last game of their lives. A coach who settles for a backup who just sits and doesn't attempt to play like he's the starter should NOT be coaching.

Holcomb is an sob because he is splitting the locker room just like Flutie did and just like he did in cleveland with Couch. That is his M.O. and cleveland fans came on here and every other board and warned us it would happen. That is why he is an SOB. Know your role, shut your mouth, should be the theme for Holcomb Haha! You don't even have facts to support your "OPINIONS" .Your MO on the other hand is "listen to me, even if I don't have credibility, my word is bible. my "opinions" are fact". stop acting like you're the owner of the bills.

THATHURMANATOR
02-14-2006, 09:03 AM

I don't even know what to make of this.

EricStratton
02-14-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't even know what to make of this.

The best thing to do is just laugh at it and figure it wil pass.

The idea of settling on backup players who don't do everything they can (short of pulling a Tonya Harding) to start is laughable.

Dr. Lecter
02-14-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't wany ANY player on the Bills who does not want to start.

THATHURMANATOR
02-14-2006, 09:31 AM
agreed Lector. I really don't think that Holcomb is a cancer the way that Flutie was. It just seems that he just goes about his business and some of the veterans liked him and backed him.

justasportsfan
02-14-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't wany ANY player on the Bills who does not want to start.

agreed Lector. I really don't think that Holcomb is a cancer the way that Flutie was. It just seems that he just goes about his business and some of the veterans liked him and backed him.You guys are cancers.

THATHURMANATOR
02-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I am more like a cold or the flu.

gr8slayer
02-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Sounds like human nature to me.

dolphinssuck
02-14-2006, 12:46 PM
JP should certainly have been the starter all of last season and KH being the BU as he has practically always been. When MM pulled JP in favor for KH that was just the icing on the cake for KH to wnat to be the starter in Buffalo because he felt he deserved over JP which is not the case at all. People are quick to rag on JP when the kids pnly started part of 1 season and I dont see how people can come to a conclusion that fast. When Favre came in the league he didnt light it up and play like a great QB but look at him now headed to the HOF. Before anyone tells me I shouldnt compare these 2 Im not Im just stating that even one the greats started out slow when he first arrived. So people should not be so quick to judger JP and his ability to start.

Jan Reimers
02-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Sure he did. That was what we were told he would do and he did. At no time did I hear 'This is JP's team... I am just coming in and doing my job until whenever...' Not once. Backups do that.
It's funny, but that is exactly what he DID say when we first signed him. I guess you're privy to some inside information as to what he said or did after those initial comments, because I've never heard that he was a clubhouse cancer or self-promoter.

Don't get me wrong. I think Holcomb is nothing more than an adequate career backup, and that JP should be the starter. I just think that Holcomb seems like a decent guy who is being demonized because he was installed as starting QB - because of Mularkey's bad judgment, not because Holcomb is some kind of snake.

The_Philster
02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
It's funny, but that is exactly what he DID say when we first signed him. I guess you're privy to some inside information as to what he said or did after those initial comments, because I've never heard that he was a clubhouse cancer or self-promoter.

Don't get me wrong. I think Holcomb is nothing more than an adequate career backup, and that JP should be the starter. I just think that Holcomb seems like a decent guy who is being demonized because he was installed as starting QB - because of Mularkey's bad judgment, not because Holcomb is some kind of snake.
don't confuse him with facts, Jan :cynic:

ICE74129
02-14-2006, 06:07 PM
don't confuse him with facts, Jan :cynic:

Here are some facts, I do get inside info and know that Holcomb has played his stupid games in the locker room. He didn't come here to be the backup.

The_Philster
02-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Here are some facts, I do get inside info and know that Holcomb has played his stupid games in the locker room. He didn't come here to be the backup.
and anyone is supposed to believe you because..? The only thing you've proven to anyone is that you can't debate without name-calling

ICE74129
02-14-2006, 06:09 PM

Really? did you hear him during interviews during the season? At no time when asked did he say anything to the effect his is JP's team and he is doing what was asked of him.

Holcomb is an assclown that split the locker room for couch in cleveland and is doing the same here.

ICE74129
02-14-2006, 06:10 PM
and anyone is supposed to believe you because..? The only thing you've proven to anyone is that you can't debate without name-calling

I don't care what you believe. I know what info I get and I go with that.

ICE74129
02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I know KH is a journeyman. But I expect our back-ups to play their heart out when they are in there just like Riech did when he was here or Van Pelt. Playing the best to their abilities does not mean they are being a cancer .

Don't give me that I'm a coach crap. It doesn't matter what sport you play, any "REAL" coach would know that they would want backups to play like it's the last game of their lives. A coach who settles for a backup who just sits and doesn't attempt to play like he's the starter should NOT be coaching.

Haha! You don't even have facts to support your "OPINIONS" .Your MO on the other hand is "listen to me, even if I don't have credibility, my word is bible. my "opinions" are fact". stop acting like you're the owner of the bills.

go back to loving on your holcomb doll. these discussions are way over your head.

The_Philster
02-14-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't care what you believe. I know what info I get and I go with that.
I'm pretty sure I'm not alone as far as not believing you. Once you start ranting on about how Ed Kilgore told you this and how you get inside info, there's a number of us who think we're reading an article off of Brushback..not trying to be mean about it...but you rub a lot of people the wrong way with your condescending attitude...and that last post is proof of it

Typ0
02-14-2006, 06:42 PM
ICE....85% of your posts are stupid.

justasportsfan
02-14-2006, 08:08 PM
go back to loving on your holcomb doll. these discussions are way over your head. We believe you Baghdad Ice.

The former Iraqi foreign minister has more credibility than you do.

Historian
02-15-2006, 07:05 AM
The whole premise is horse-hockey!

The Bills have always had good backup quarterbacks, some of whom went on to be starters elsewhere.

Lamonica is the one that immediately comes to mind.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
ICE....85% of your posts are stupid.

I can't help it you aren't smart enough to understand them.

Dr. Lecter
02-15-2006, 02:37 PM
I can't help it you aren't smart enough to understand them.

It is clear that he is under estimating you.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 03:33 PM
It is clear that he is under estimating you.

BTW...cool avatar. I can't stand that beeeoch.