X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Bills fans can't handle...

I've come to the conclusion that the "new breed" Bills fan can't handle a talented back-up at QB.

I know that in the Superbowl era there were a few fools who would call for Frank to start over Jimbo. We all kind of winked at this knowing that it was pure nonsense.

But now-a-days this ignorant minotity actually harms the health of this franchise. I blame it on the "Madden" generation.
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills fans can't handle...

i can handle a talented back-up, i cant handle two sub average starters.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I'm not understanding your point.. When we don't even know who the starter is yet.

This is not your Jim/Frank situation.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

I see your point and agree..thing is, it's hardly new. It's been said that the most popular guy on the team is the back-up QB..especially on a team that's struggling.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by draz54
          I've come to the conclusion that the "new breed" Bills fan can't handle a talented back-up at QB.

I know that in the Superbowl era there were a few fools who would call for Frank to start over Jimbo. We all kind of winked at this knowing that it was pure nonsense.

But now-a-days this ignorant minotity actually harms the health of this franchise. I blame it on the "Madden" generation.
          I can handle a talented BACKUP. not an assclown that is doing his damnedest to try and become the starter.

Frank Reich knew his role. someone should force holcomb to understand his....as the BACKUP.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            I'm not understanding your point.. When we don't even know who the starter is yet.

Sure we know who it is. It' JP or some other Vet. Holcomb is a BACKUP and the SOB needs to understand that is all he is

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

There's nothing wrong with a backup QB who works his hardest to earn a starting role
              Only 2 things though
              1...he can't undermine the starter..no matter what, the team comes first and attacking a teammate through the media or refusing to work with him is a problem
              2...fans have to learn that even the best starting QBs struggle at times...and when they're young, they need to learn through the struggles
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

sure there is something wrong with it. Reich was a BACKUP and knew his role. Holcomb should do the same but he won't. he still wants to start and do so here and will play the locker room politics to do so.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Reich was a BACKUP and knew his role.
                  Reich accepted the backup role for the good of the team...but if you think he never wanted to start, I got a bridge to sell you. He could've stayed in Buffalo and remained the backup but went to Carolina in '95 for a starting job
                  Holcomb should do the same but he won't.
                  link?

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    Reich accepted the backup role for the good of the team...but if you think he never wanted to start, I got a bridge to sell you. He could've stayed in Buffalo and remained the backup but went to Carolina in '95 for a starting joblink?
                    I don't need a fuggin link. If you don't know the sob is playing the locker room to be the starter I will sell you your own bridge.

what reich wanted doesn't matter. he knew his role and played it. if holcomb can't get his ass outta here.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

So you're accusing Holcomb of being a locker room cancer now?

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        So you're accusing Holcomb of being a locker room cancer now?
                        No a locker room lawyer. So you are saying he didnt' play the locker room to get to start? Sure he did. and Sure he will this entire offseason. and when you have a guy that thinks he is a starter, goes around lawering the other players that he should be starting, then yes it is a cancer on your team.

Funny though how when it was bledsoe and Mathews there were no issues. Mathews might be the best QB on this roster right now. Everyone says holcomb over JP, Mathews is more qualified than holcomb. But what does shane do? He knows his role and keeps his mouth shut and does his job.

BTW I remember Cleveland fans on this and every other bills board warning us that holcomb would pull this crap.

Comment

• BidsJr
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

That's right! Holcumb is not nearly as good as Frank was.
                          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

I cna handle a talented backup, and that is what KH can be

BUT JP is the starter and KH needs to know his role and embrace it, and Bills fans in general have ot get off of JP's ass an accept a few years of growing pains, cause that's a necessary reality.

the other reality is KH represents Doug Flutie, talented enough to get you some wins, but unable to maintain consistency as a full time starter.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              I cna handle a talented backup, and that is what KH can be

BUT JP is the starter and KH needs to know his role and embrace it, and Bills fans in general have ot get off of JP's ass an accept a few years of growing pains, cause that's a necessary reality.

the other reality is KH represents Doug Flutie, talented enough to get you some wins, but unable to maintain consistency as a full time starter.
                              Bingo. and both of them have over inflated opinions of thier skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X