PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Marv and Dick Jauron interviews on WGRZ...

JJamezz
02-13-2006, 10:24 PM
There's 2 separate interviews, each about 15 mins long.

Some highlights (I am paraphrasing a little bit):

Marv:

'It is our intention to retain Nate Clements.'

'Ability without character will LOSE. We are going to go for high character individuals.'

'Mr. Wilson and I were NOT in disagreement, we were in agreement about choosing Dick Jauron as head coach.'

'We are going to listen very heavily to the personnel department and Tom Modrak, UNLESS there is something about the individuals character that he is recommending, that we will NOT tolerate.'

'Success for JP will come first of all from having a great defense that allows him to fail on a series or two, and not have to play desperation catch up football after that. There are 32 teams in the league, and 25 of them have a QB controversy. We are one of the 25. Will there be competition at the position? Dick Jauron has told me yes, its open. Its open.'

'Offensive line is absolutely high on the list of needs. Nothing will help your offense more than your defense.'

and my personal favorite... 'Defensive line is primary in the success of a football team. Next is offensive line. Then quarterback.'

Dick 'I hardly ever blink' Jauron:

'Without a really good offseason program, I don't think you stand much of a chance at competing in our business.'

'You need 3, possibly 4 good corners who can play... if you have a good corner who is tough and can tackle too, you're gonna fight to keep him.'

'You're not gonna win a lot of games in 5 yard increments. You've gotta get chunks in our business. You seldom score on a drive that does not have an explosive play. It just doesn't happen a lot.'

'You've got to make them fear the run, and you've gotta throw the ball down the field.'

'If the talent isn't here, we'll go out and beat the bushes and find them. We'll go out and scour the country, or through free agency, whatever we need to do to win.'

'Once you believe that he (QB) is your guy, has all the intangibles, you're gonna stick with him.'

The links on WGZR's page may or may not work, so here's a direct link to each video:

Marv: http://64.0.96.36/wm.gannett/wgrz/news/021306-levy.wmv

Jauron: http://64.0.96.36/wm.gannett/wgrz/news/021306-jauron.wmv

The Spaz
02-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Great job JJ!:up::beers:

G. Host
02-13-2006, 10:57 PM
One good thing with a new head coach - the Bills can have more camp days and please Marv these are not veterans who need a "soft" camp!

Billz_fan
02-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Thanks JJ, I enjoyed listening to those :up:

I will be honest, im not a Juaron fan at all. I hope to god though he makes me eat crow. On the positive side I love Marv. He is an amazing man and I trust him. I wil give them both a pass this season on results. It hink we need to see some serious positives in the 2007 season though. Something that tells us this team is headed in the right direction.

We shall see.

ddaryl
02-14-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm a big fan of jauron now that he's the Bills HC, and I'll always be a big Marv fan... but I'm a complete homer and proud of it.

Earthquake Enyart
02-14-2006, 07:07 AM
'Success for JP will come first of all from having a great defense that allows him to fail on a series or two, and not have to play desperation catch up football after that.

Weren't we ahead in just about every game? :eek:

madness
02-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks JJ! These two make up for the other one I'm still waiting for. :rofl: :jk:

One-on-one, Jauron is very, very impressive. Mostly, because he is totally sincere and seemingly unpretentious. The Yale pedigree shines through, but he doesn’t try to impress with his sheer intelligence. You just know it’s there.

I agree with Ed Kilgore about Jauron. He definitely doesn't try overwhelm you with his brilliance like most people. I see some of the same characteristics in him as I see in Marv. He's no showstopper but as long as he gets the job done, I don't think we will mind.