PDA

View Full Version : clements and moulds

djjimkelly
02-14-2006, 10:44 AM
as i have said repeatedly the bills are not dumb and will look to keep both. neither is the problem that so many on this board think they are. top 10 wrs and top 10 cbs DONT GROW ON TREES!!!!!!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060214/SPORTS03/602140338

BillsFever21
02-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Who is the Top 10 WR you're talking about? It certaintly isn't Moulds.

tat2dmike77
02-14-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm the top 10 receiver he is refering to.

One will stay and the other will go but that is life in the NFL most likely it will be clements. Since there is a ***** ton of WR FA out there this year the bills can use that to thier advantage.

With clements he doesn't fit the mold that marv wants. He seems to be all about himself kind of guy. With running a cover 2 you don't need a shut down corner you just need physical corners. So IMO Clements will be tagged and traded.

MTBillsFan
02-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Clements has to be tagged! Moulds is worth keeping after restructuring. We can't take more time to develop young players, we need to win now with some vets on the team.

OpIv37
02-14-2006, 07:11 PM
as i have said repeatedly the bills are not dumb and will look to keep both. neither is the problem that so many on this board think they are. top 10 wrs and top 10 cbs DONT GROW ON TREES!!!!!!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060214/SPORTS03/602140338

how do you figure that EITHER ONE is top 10? They're both mediocre- Moulds may have been top 10 at one time but he's well into the downhill side of his career. Nate was completely exposed this season.

I don't understand your line of thinking at all. You're right that top 10 guys don't grow on trees, but we can get PLENTY of guys who can equal Moulds' and Clements' stats for much less money (which will help us plug the numerous holes on this team).

Clements and Moulds are NOT the answers. Neither of them are terrible and I wouldn't mind keeping them for reasonable money, but they are not worth tying up our cap when this team has so many needs.

L.A. Playa
02-14-2006, 07:15 PM
I see there is no offseason for *****ing and complaining thats a 365 days a year thing

OpIv37
02-14-2006, 07:17 PM
I see there is no offseason for *****ing and complaining thats a 365 days a year thing

I will not deny that, however, I don't see what I'm complaining about here. I simply stated my opinion that Nate and Moulds aren't worth their cap hit. Where is their complaint?

L.A. Playa
02-14-2006, 07:25 PM
most of your posts just kinda come off that way even if they arent intended like that kinda like that old SNL skit the whiners LOL JK Op

OpIv37
02-14-2006, 07:33 PM
most of your posts just kinda come off that way even if they arent intended like that kinda like that old SNL skit the whiners LOL JK Op

well I can find something to complain about if you want me to. In fact, go check the TZ.

L.A. Playa
02-14-2006, 07:38 PM
the TZ and all forums been kinda weak lately

Billsrock4life
02-14-2006, 07:55 PM
i think it would be nice if we could kep both of them but i highley doubt we will have the cap space so i would say tag clements and release moulds

djjimkelly
02-14-2006, 09:59 PM
thx for all the neg rep guys lol. but yes moulds IS A F>>>>ING top 10 WR.

lets go through who they are this is in no particular order

owens
harrison
steve smith
chad johnson
ward
holt
randy Moss( not last year)

now lets get into 8-15 a category moulds surely falls into!!!
moulds
santana moss (1 year as a top wr dont put him passed mr moulds in my book)
chambers (up and coming)
andre johnson(has potential to be better then moulds NOT YET)
jimmy smith(EXACT SAME AS MR MOULDS TO ME)
rod smith(EXACT SAME AS MR MOULDS TO ME)
plaxico burress(ill take a 5 years older moulds so who 20 other teams)
joey galloway( i make 10 big pass catches a year)
issac bruce( on serious down turn)
boldin or fitzgerald ( sorry not yet)

so NEG ME SOME MORE U MORONS I COULD GIVE A **** but this we lost 11 games last year is moulds fault and nates fault GET a life we have had a horse SH1T coach and pop warner o line for years now

also when your dline gets zero real pressure on QB we could have deion sanders in his prime out there and he would get burnt alot!!

if u guys wat ill break down the CB spot the top 10 toou know guy with most interceptions each year isnt the top CB thats the pro bowl chump who fans vote in!!!

OpIv37
02-14-2006, 10:26 PM
every guy you mentioned is much better than moulds and every one had better stats in 05. You're living in the past. Moulds had some great seasons for this team despite poor surroundings most of the time, but that was the PAST. he's not worth 10+% of our cap for past performance- smart teams only give huge contracts to guys who back it up on the field.

OpIv37
02-14-2006, 10:27 PM
oh and you forgot to come up with some BS to cover for the fact that Moulds became a locker room cancer this past season.

djjimkelly
02-15-2006, 09:51 AM
no he isnt worth 10% of our cap but at a renogotitated value of lets say 6.5 mil cap he is definately worth that. i havent once said pay the man what he wants but he isnt trash. hes a 100 ball wr in a competant offense. mularky unfortunately has used him so wrong alot cant see that anymore

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Clements has to be tagged! Moulds is worth keeping after restructuring. We can't take more time to develop young players, we need to win now with some vets on the team.

Yeah we have done that for 10 years now. how many playoff births? Play off wins? What is our record over the last 5-6 years?

How about we quit trying to bring in someone elses crap and develop our own good players?

The fanbase needs to take a step back and get off of this MEDIA DRIVEN catchphrase called 'win now'. Develop a team and it will win consistantly, like Pittsburgh has. 15 years the same coach. Something like 5 AFC Championship games. Now a Superbowl. DEVELOP a winner. Danny S showed in Washington you can't buy a superbowl.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 10:05 AM
thx for all the neg rep guys lol. but yes moulds IS A F>>>>ING top 10 WR.

lets go through who they are this is in no particular order

owens
harrison
steve smith
chad johnson
ward
holt
randy Moss( not last year)

now lets get into 8-15 a category moulds surely falls into!!!
moulds
santana moss (1 year as a top wr dont put him passed mr moulds in my book)
chambers (up and coming)
andre johnson(has potential to be better then moulds NOT YET)
jimmy smith(EXACT SAME AS MR MOULDS TO ME)
rod smith(EXACT SAME AS MR MOULDS TO ME)
plaxico burress(ill take a 5 years older moulds so who 20 other teams)
joey galloway( i make 10 big pass catches a year)
issac bruce( on serious down turn)
boldin or fitzgerald ( sorry not yet)

so NEG ME SOME MORE U MORONS I COULD GIVE A **** but this we lost 11 games last year is moulds fault and nates fault GET a life we have had a horse SH1T coach and pop warner o line for years now

also when your dline gets zero real pressure on QB we could have deion sanders in his prime out there and he would get burnt alot!!

if u guys wat ill break down the CB spot the top 10 toou know guy with most interceptions each year isnt the top CB thats the pro bowl chump who fans vote in!!!

hey clown, you're WRONG deal with it and move on.

ddaryl
02-15-2006, 10:11 AM
We should try to keep both... Clements more then Moulds based upon age and upside.

However, how many people really believe Moulds wants to stay in Buffalo. He's basically wasted the best years of his career holding onto the belief that the team that drafted him would get it right eventually. Now EM is 2-3 years away from retiring he has another new coach, another new system, and a 2nd year QB he doesn't believe in. Personally I think Moulds wants to get the hell out of here, and probably wishes he did it sooner.

Wether EM stays with the Bills has nothing to do with Marv, Jauron, teammates, or even fans. Its pretty much all Eric Moulds, (at least I do not expect the Bills to keep EM at his present rate of pay). The Bills can only hope EM still has a little Buffalo love in him and lets the Bills work out a trade or a sign a trade deal that at least gives us something in return.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 10:15 AM
I think Moulds wants to get the hell out of here, and probably wishes he did it sooner.

I wish he had too. that said I am with you, Call up Denver and see if they want to bypass the headache of a TO and trade the #8 and Moulds for thier two first round picks. Or call philly and ask for their 2nd rounder straight up.

djjimkelly
02-15-2006, 09:56 PM
u know ice thk god u dont run our franchise becuz it seems like ud just love to put a nice 6-7 mil in dead cap money for moulds LOL. even at his current pay structure for this year he is way cheaper to keep the signing a 5 mil a year wr to replace him LOL lets release everyone with a dead cap

Tinboy
02-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Look at the guys

Reggie Wayne UFA
David Givens UFA
Antwaan Randle El UFA
Antonio Bryant UFA
Joe Jurevicius UFA
Chris Horn RFA
Brandon Lloyd RFA
Reche Caldwell UFA
Kevin Curtis RFA 3

I would release Moulds and go after one of them as a nr 2.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Reggie Wayne UFA
David Givens UFA
Antwaan Randle El UFA
Antonio Bryant UFA
Joe Jurevicius UFA
Chris Horn RFA
Brandon Lloyd RFA
Reche Caldwell UFA
Kevin Curtis RFA 3

Wayne will get tagged by Indy.. Lloyd,Givens,Caldwell and Randel El would be a great number 2..

Evans, Randel El, Parrish that would be unbeliviable speed at WR..

feelthepain
02-17-2006, 03:56 PM
The Bills would do better to trade them and lower the salary cap while picking up more DP this is the year to deep with DP.