PDA

View Full Version : 49'ers ask permission to speak with Monty Kiffen

Billz_fan
01-27-2003, 07:52 PM
It was just reported here on local TV here in Tampa that the 49'ers have asked permission to speak with Tampa Bay deffensive coordinator Monty Kiffen for there vacant head coaching job.

The Buc's landed home tonight at 8pm at Tampa International, They are now being bused to Raymond James stadium for a large celebration with the fans. The plane landed and was hosed down with several water cannons by airport staff in celebration. No civilians were allowed into the airport celebration for security reasons.

The only Buc's player not in attendance tonight is Brad Johnson who is in Disneyland. I ain't joking either. LOL

The stadium is packed and police repelled from choppers that hovered the stadium for security and for fun I suppose :D

The lack of any violence in the city has been very nice. No reported incidents at all on the news. They did however report on the lack of any violence.

Guess Im not gonna see Fear Factor or Joe Millionare as this is all over local Tv tonight. *sigh

:D

Mr. Miyagi
01-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Tampa will never let him go. He's basically the entire team.

Buffarama
01-27-2003, 08:26 PM
I heard Monty Python was available.

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Coaches won't stand in the way of their assistants leaving if it's a promotion.

Most of them had to get that shot to show what they can do, and I don't see any coach trying to force their assistant to stay as a coordinator.

It wouldn't be a healthy situation between the two, and plus it's the mutual respect a coach has for his assistants. It sucks losing them but you can't make them stay when they have a better opportunity.

Billz_fan
01-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Well the first step is done, they got permission to speak with him.

LINK (http://www.sf49ers.com/newsroom/DisplayNews.asp?newsid=1084)

Jeff 311
01-28-2003, 09:10 PM
that would be a good hire for them. Seems wierd because he is not one of the advocates of the west coast offense which they seem to prefer. Maybe cause of the new ownership.