• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

LMAO @ Dick Jauron and his QB comments.

"You have a veteran quarterback in Kelly, who is comfortable with his game," Jauron said. "J.P. is a young quarterback and plays like one. ... He needs to be better for what he went though last year."

I also talk with ed Kilgore. He said that DJ says this is JP's 3rd season. That is usually a make or break year for QB's.

good thing Sandiego didn't think that huh?

JP's 3rd year? huh? Well lets see...

Year one, on the bench due to an injury supplied by a dumb assed vet. Then no reps hardly at all to keep Bledsoe from being pissed.

Year two. Gets 4 games in which the entire team did nothing. so MM, TD and Emo and the rest of the vets hang the seasons issues completely on him.

Year 3, Aledgedly he is going to be allowed to 'compete' for the job. Well it sounds to me like DJ has already made up his mind and will insert holcomb as the starter. Remember 'one will be named going into camp'. Ok so if you name one going into camp and he gets the bulk of the reps, how is guy #2 supposed to have a shot to 'compete'?

It isn't JP per say, it is the fact this 'kid' (insert some name here) has busted his ass, lived IN BUFFALO, embraced the city and worked his ass off. the only problem he has is a lack of experience and the team flat sucked last year. So for working his ass off he gets punished by the media, fanbase and the coaching staff...errr...now possibly TWO Coaching staffs.

I hope the som ***** is smart enough to get the hell outta town. This org is going to screw up what might be one hell of a career.

And regardless of if you like JP or not, inserting holcomb as our starter is going to fugg us 50 ways to Sunday. He isn't going to get it done and anyone with a brain knows it. it scares me that they are talking of holcomb starting instead of bringing in another, younger, stronger armed vet who might still improve to compete for the job.
  • ChristopherWalken
    • Dec 2002

Re: LMAO @ Dick Jauron and his QB comments.

I don't think things are quite as negative as you have painted them. Seems to me that the kid has an opportunity to prove himself in camp.

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

Any time a coach says there will be an "open QB competition" it's all PR fluff.

If Holcomb is the starter, then as opposed as I am, at least stick with him and don't play musical chairs again.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
        I don't think things are quite as negative as you have painted them. Seems to me that the kid has an opportunity to prove himself in camp.
        players fans will spin a quote just to satisfy their need to whine because the player isn't treated like a star.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Darth Takeo

If Holcomb is the starter, then as opposed as I am, at least stick with him and don't play musical chairs again.
          If holcomb is the starter we are 7-9 at best. He is a career loser. he is a BACKUP. Why can't DJ and Marv see this?

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            players fans will spin a quote just to satisfy their need to whine because the player isn't treated like a star.
            WTF are you talking about you clown? go back to hugging your holcomb doll moron.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
              • Dec 2002

ICE, you have a very grimm outlook towards life, don't you? Please explain; How do you expect Jauron to just announce Losman as the starting QB when that's precisely what Mularkey did last season? We all know how that turned out. Sorry to burst your bubble. A smart coach isn't just going to give the team to an uproven QB. He should earn his title.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

ICE, you have a very grimm outlook towards life, don't you? Please explain how do you expect Jauron to just announce Losman the QB when that precisely what Mularkey did last season? We all know how that ended up. Sorry to burst your bubble. A smart coach isn't just going to give the team to an uproven QB. He should earn his title.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Darth Takeo

Exactly. But on the other hand. Starting Holcomb, for Juron would be career suicide.

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

ICE, you have a very grimm outlook towards life, don't you? Please explain; How do you expect Jauron to just announce Losman as the starting QB when that's precisely what Mularkey did last season? We all know how that turned out. Sorry to burst your bubble. A smart coach isn't just going to give the team to an uproven QB. He should earn his title.
                    Very good post. Anyone assuming otherwise is in fact, the moron.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                        • Dec 2002

Thanks, Bam. I don't mean to call the dude out, but it just seems like anytime he posts he throws in some negative spin as if the Bills are purposly self destructing. I certainly do question his loyality as a fan.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Holcomb isnt proven either...unless losing is proven to you. cinci handed their team to an unproven guy. NYG did too. EVERY Team at some point does it. Only in buffalo is it wrong to let a QB Develop on the field.

And when he names holcomb the starter we are going to be in for one hell of a crappy year. But you guys will come to see this soon enough for yourselfs.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BAM
                            Thems fightin words!

But you are right. It would be freaking dumb to say that either one of them is the starter right now. Im personally interested to see how much Losman does this offseason to prepare himself for next season. There's no doubt he has "it".

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Holcomb isnt proven either...unless losing is proven to you. cinci handed their team to an unproven guy. NYG did too. EVERY Team at some point does it. Only in buffalo is it wrong to let a QB Develop on the field.

And when he names holcomb the starter we are going to be in for one hell of a crappy year. But you guys will come to see this soon enough for yourselfs.
                              I think deep down inside everyone wants to see Losman starting. But wouldnt you rather he earn it just alittle? I think its a given that he is the starter myself, but he doesnt have to know that. Make him think he is fighting for his job. Most people's potential is reached when their back is against the wall and they come out punching. Juron has to make him feel like his back is up against the wall.

Comment

Working...
                              X