$2.75 million per touchdown, or $13,480 per yard....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

$2.75 million per touchdown, or $13,480 per yard....

That's what a TD and a yard cost against the cap at $11 million for Eric Moulds.

Does anyone else get the feeling that it's just a little above the going rate?

If Moulds doesn't restructure, he needs to go.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Re: $2.75 million per touchdown, or $13,480 per yard....

It is not a tad above the going rate on teams with terrible offenses and that is the kind of team he was on. And Moulds will not be getting $11M - that is the Cap Hit which is different because earlier years when he took smaller salaries bonus was mostly what he got.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I said that's what it would cost AGAINST THE CAP. Please don't become one of those people who criticize a post without bothering to read the whole thing first.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

I did read it but saying against the cap does not mean anything.

It is like saying Moulds is a great deal because otherwise we will be paying $6,333,332 for 0 TDs and 0 yards. It is nonsense to judge that way IMO and those other figures are MUCH better.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
          I did read it but saying against the cap does not mean anything.

It is like saying Moulds is a great deal because otherwise we will be paying $6,333,332 for 0 TDs and 0 yards. It is nonsense to judge that way IMO and those other figures are MUCH better.
          I don't buy it. That still saves us $5 million, which can easily get a receiver that will put up 4 TDs and 816 yards with plenty left over.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

A WR is not just TDs and yards - it is blocking, taking best CBs away from play, etc. I think they will extend and blend if they can but until deal is signed who knows. Moulds understands the difference between staying on one team or doing a burnout like Peeless.

Besides supposedly last year's results were due to coaching and coaching changed. Hopefully QBs will be more effective at THROWING the ball and RB will be more effecrive at RUNNING and OL better at BLOCKING hence WR will be better at CATCHING.

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

I think it's way to early to worry about how much per catch or his cap figure or anything else when it comes to Moulds. If you read the artilce in the paper it said that the Bills haven't even talked to him. There is ALOT to get settled here. Does Eric want to play here, is he willing to work with J.P. if he is named the started, how much of a pay cut is he willing to take, is it worth restructuring him again at his age, can we fill his spot with someone else at alot less money, and probably something I'm forgetting. We will just have to wait to see how this all plays out.
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

It's simple: If Eric restructures at a level acceptable to the Bills, he'll be back. If not, he's gone.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Op..your threads are approaching ICE's level...Marv has already stated they were going to work on a restructuring of Eric's contract
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I don't buy it. That still saves us $5 million, which can easily get a receiver that will put up 4 TDs and 816 yards with plenty left over.

But is it enough to get a WR capable fo getting 4 TD's and 816 yards on the Bills pitiful offense ??

EM's ability may be the sole reason his numbers were as good as they were. A lesser WR would of gained considerably less.

EM needs ot restructure, but don't believe for a minute there is a worthwhile replacement readily available that makes more sense then adding FA OL and DL

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      It's simple: If Eric restructures at a level acceptable to the Bills, he'll be back. If not, he's gone.
                      Exactly!

Hey, I thought you quit!
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Stewie
                        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                        • Aug 2002

Another perfect example of a meaningless statistic.

Here's another statistic that has just as much meaning.

Infinity = the number of dollars the Bills have spent per super bowl victories.

Does that mean you cut your best or second best receiver?
                        Originally posted by Topdog
                        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        I love Weiner.
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        also cheese

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
                          It is not a tad above the going rate on teams with terrible offenses and that is the kind of team he was on. And Moulds will not be getting $11M - that is the Cap Hit which is different because earlier years when he took smaller salaries bonus was mostly what he got.
                          Moulds is going on 33 and well on the downside of his career. He is about a 3-4 mill per WR, not a base of 7 and a cap of 11.

the problem is restructuring him puts us in cap problems later on.

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I don't think it's that simple! If after they talk and he is unwilling to support J.P. then I think there is a chance he is gone. The other thing is what Ice said if we restructure him it just adds to the cap problem later. I would love to see Eric back, but if he is going to be a problem in the locker room or cause the team cap problems later, maybe it's time to cut losses. This team is a couple of years away from being a contender again and we don't want to get caught in cap hell again by redoing contracts on older players. That what got us in trouble under J. Butler and we have been paying for it ever since! I would rather eat his dead cap this year, it still gives us more towards the cap and we could use that money to make a serious run at a couple of elite linemen.
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              Op..your threads are approaching ICE's level
                              Good! It will be nice to have more people with a clue to talk football with.

Comment

Working...
                              X