PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch the Levy interview on GR this morning!

Patrick76777
02-15-2006, 07:11 AM
I just missed it but I caught a couple clips and heard them talking about it. Marv thinks that the poor defensive play led to out awful season. His plan is to build the defense up. He all but said that Clements will be here in 2006. He said he wants a fast swarming defense and he said that better play by your defense will give you better QB play. By forcing turnovers, and giving the O more chances and confidence.

GR will have the whole interview up in the audio vault soon.

Earthquake Enyart
02-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Hey Pat! How's the promo?

Does your new job give you the chance to mess with the anal boss who took away the internet before?

mybills
02-15-2006, 07:15 AM
I guess Marv sees something in Clements that many of us don't. :ill:

Patrick76777
02-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey Pat! How's the promo?

Does your new job give you the chance to mess with the anal boss who took away the internet before?
Going good! No complaints. It’s funny because so much of this job is doing Internet research. So I’m on all the time.

Get the first new paycheck on Friday, can’t wait.

gr8slayer
02-15-2006, 07:18 AM
I guess Marv sees something in Clements that many of us don't. :ill:
Your joking right? The guy has a few bad games and now he isnt worth anything?

I dont know how many of you have ever played football before but the ones who have know that sometimes, you just get your ass kicked. Hell, Champ Bailey got destroyed many times in his first year in Denver, twice by Jerry Porter and company.

Clements has been and still is one of the best at his position. Sure, sometimes he will get destroyed but you can only cover a WR for so long before it becomes downright stupid. Clements will get "it" back once we get us a flippin DL that can put some pressure on the QB.

gr8slayer
02-15-2006, 07:19 AM
BTW, can you name another CB in the league who will hit you in the mouth like Nate will? I cant.

Earthquake Enyart
02-15-2006, 07:21 AM
BTW, can you name another CB in the league who will hit you in the mouth like Nate will? I cant.
Antoine Winfield. :ill:

Jan Reimers
02-15-2006, 07:21 AM
As usual, Marv has his priorities right, and the emphasis on rebuilding the D may be why he picked Jauron over Sherman.

The fast, athletic, swarming D concept worries me a little, however, because that's the kind of D we had when we lost the 4 straight SBs. We definitely need a little more beef than we had in those years.

HHURRICANE
02-15-2006, 07:51 AM
As usual, Marv has his priorities right, and the emphasis on rebuilding the D may be why he picked Jauron over Sherman.

The fast, athletic, swarming D concept worries me a little, however, because that's the kind of D we had when we lost the 4 straight SBs. We definitely need a little more beef than we had in those years.

I'd rather watch "fast and swarming" than "late and missing"!!

mybills
02-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Think about the number 24. Just think about it. :;

Jan Reimers
02-15-2006, 08:18 AM
I'd rather watch "fast and swarming" than "late and missing"!!
Oh, I agree, but I think Jeff Wright was a little smallish at NT; Mark Kelso was about as non-physical a performer as you can get (but a really bright over- achiever); and the LB corps - while great - lacking one real monster during our SB years.

I just hope we keep Sam Adams and add another stud at NT; get a little younger, but at least as physical, at Safety; and perhaps find a stud LB to replace Posey. I like a blend of speed/finesse and muscle on D.

Typ0
02-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Clements is a good CB. I don't hold much in his last season because up front our defense was horrid and that makes all the difference in the world to the guys trying to cover receivers.

mybills
02-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Sam Adams is our monster! :snicker:

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 08:38 AM
[quote=Patrick76777]I just missed it but I caught a couple clips and heard them talking about it. Marv thinks that the poor defensive play led to out awful season. His plan is to build the defense up. He all but said that Clements will be here in 2006. He said he wants a fast swarming defense and he said that better play by your defense will give you better QB play. By forcing turnovers, and giving the O more chances and confidence.

That can't be. It is all JP's fault we had a crappy season. the rest of the team doesn't need to hold up thier part of the bargain. :fury:

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 08:40 AM
Your joking right? The guy has a few bad games and now he isnt worth anything?

I dont know how many of you have ever played football before but the ones who have know that sometimes, you just get your ass kicked. Hell, Champ Bailey got destroyed many times in his first year in Denver, twice by Jerry Porter and company.

Clements has been and still is one of the best at his position. Sure, sometimes he will get destroyed but you can only cover a WR for so long before it becomes downright stupid. Clements will get "it" back once we get us a flippin DL that can put some pressure on the QB.

Every one of you miss the point completely. I don't care if no one ever throws his way because he is so good. NO CB IS WORTH THE MONEY! They are getting QB money these days. If you have a damn good front 4 ANY CB can be a 'good' CB. Spend the money on the front 4 and our defense is back to being a great one. Keep the front 4 we have or just add one single DT and keep clements, we still suck.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Fast and swarming Defense? Say goodbye vincent and Milloy!

justasportsfan
02-15-2006, 08:47 AM
That can't be. It is all JP's fault we had a crappy season. the rest of the team doesn't need to hold up thier part of the bargain. :fury:We can always count on you to misinterpret a quote.

Hey Ice, you don't have to turn every thread into your "I LOVE JP " thread.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 08:51 AM
We can always count on you to misinterpret a quote.

Hey Ice, you don't have to turn every thread into your "I LOVE JP " thread.

I didn't mis interpret anything. Marv is dead on. Morons like you are the ones that don't get it. Had the D done it's job, had the OL even acted like it wanted to block, JP would have been MUCH Better. The team might have even made the playoffs.

Good thing DJ and marv get it.

justasportsfan
02-15-2006, 09:00 AM
If holcomb is the starter we are 7-9 at best. He is a career loser. he is a BACKUP. Why can't DJ and Marv see this?

Had the D done it's job, had the OL even acted like it wanted to block, JP would have been MUCH Better. The team might have even made the playoffs.

Good thing DJ and marv get it.Make up your freaking mind. Do they or do they not get it?

On your 2nd quote, what you said applies to Holcomb too you know. If those happened , he would've been better too. :snicker:

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Make up your freaking mind. Do they or do they not get it?

On your 2nd quote, what you said applies to Holcomb too you know. If those happened , he would've been better too. :snicker:

run away now little tard. Let us big boys talk football.

justasportsfan
02-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Let us big boys talk football.you're not qualified.

No reply? :idunno:
"On your 2nd quote, what you said applies to Holcomb too you know. If those happened , he would've been better too. "

mybills
02-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Ya gotta wait, justa..I think he's trying to make up his mind. :;

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Ya gotta wait, justa..I think he's trying to make up his mind. :;

I was actually working dork.

LtBillsFan66
02-15-2006, 09:58 AM
I was never a fan of the bend and don't break defense.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 09:59 AM
you're not qualified.

No reply? :idunno:
"On your 2nd quote, what you said applies to Holcomb too you know. If those happened , he would've been better too. "

son, I am more qualified than damn near this entire board put together. That said I'm done wasting my time on ******s such as yourself. Like you, the stupid are going on ignore. Now go love on your holcomb doll, I am done with you.

EricStratton
02-15-2006, 10:09 AM
I was never a fan of the bend and don't break defense.

What does that have to do with the Coach Ice vs. Justa drama BF1?

Try to stay on topic here.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 10:13 AM
What does that have to do with the Coach Ice vs. Justa drama BF1?

Try to stay on topic here.

Nothing so why bring it up? and there is no vs to it. He is a mental midget that has no clue about football.

casdhf
02-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Clements was good when we thought we could re-sign him when people thought he would sign with us

he wasn't good anymore and we didn't want him when people thought he wouldnt sign with us

justasportsfan
02-15-2006, 10:32 AM
son, I am more qualified than damn near this entire board put together. a me,me attitude. Kinda like the same thing you're complaining about when it comes to Moulds. DUH!!!

BOA is more qualified than you. Anyone can coach in the pop warner league.

I was actually working dork 30 min football practice coach? The 7 yr old kids you coached needed a nap huh, coach?

I am done with you. you're a quitter just like the vets you were complaining about, DUH!!!!

Posters put other posters on ignore especially when they get OWNED.

PS. I knew you were a lighweight. I feel sorry for the kids that are being coached by a quitter who wimps out.

Jan Reimers
02-15-2006, 10:45 AM
run away now little tard. Let us big boys talk football.
Aren't we supposed to criticize the post, but not the poster? Geez, guys, if I didn't know better, I'd think you didn't like each other.

justasportsfan
02-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Aren't we supposed to criticize the post, but not the poster? Geez, guys, if I didn't know better, I'd think you didn't like each other.He namecalls posters when he panics and has no answer.

I don't hate the guy. I was just playing with his fantasy of being a REAL coach. Nothing personal on my part. :D.

mybills
02-15-2006, 10:58 AM
It's easier to call people names, than to answer a question!
Even if you're "more qualified than damn near this entire board put together"
:idunno:

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 12:04 PM
It's easier to call people names, than to answer a question!
Even if you're "more qualified than damn near this entire board put together"
:idunno:

If the poster and his/her post was worth responding to I would.

gr8slayer
02-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Antoine Winfield. :ill:
Not so much anymore.

lordofgun
02-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Let's keep the discussion on football please. :rolleyes:

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 12:48 PM
:handball:
Let's keep the discussion on football please. :rolleyes:

Meathead
02-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Clements was good when we thought we could re-sign him when people thought he would sign with us

he wasn't good anymore and we didn't want him when people thought he wouldnt sign with us
naturally

mybills
02-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Let's keep the discussion on football please.
We were trying to, until someone had a hissy fit.

hurls
02-16-2006, 07:46 PM

Must be Texas. I could name at least 4. Nate sucks, and needs to be let go, he gets beat more than you in a push-up race. Nate got burned more than your calories in a Texas heat. Let his stupid, dancing, dumb ass go. Maybe to Oakland, where all idiots belong.