Anybody catch the Levy interview on GR this morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Anybody catch the Levy interview on GR this morning!

I just missed it but I caught a couple clips and heard them talking about it. Marv thinks that the poor defensive play led to out awful season. His plan is to build the defense up. He all but said that Clements will be here in 2006. He said he wants a fast swarming defense and he said that better play by your defense will give you better QB play. By forcing turnovers, and giving the O more chances and confidence.

GR will have the whole interview up in the audio vault soon.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anybody catch the Levy interview on GR this morning!

Hey Pat! How's the promo?

Does your new job give you the chance to mess with the anal boss who took away the internet before?

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

I guess Marv sees something in Clements that many of us don't.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
        Hey Pat! How's the promo?

Does your new job give you the chance to mess with the anal boss who took away the internet before?
        Going good! No complaints. It’s funny because so much of this job is doing Internet research. So I’m on all the time.

Get the first new paycheck on Friday, can’t wait.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
          I guess Marv sees something in Clements that many of us don't.
          Your joking right? The guy has a few bad games and now he isnt worth anything?

I dont know how many of you have ever played football before but the ones who have know that sometimes, you just get your ass kicked. Hell, Champ Bailey got destroyed many times in his first year in Denver, twice by Jerry Porter and company.

Clements has been and still is one of the best at his position. Sure, sometimes he will get destroyed but you can only cover a WR for so long before it becomes downright stupid. Clements will get "it" back once we get us a flippin DL that can put some pressure on the QB.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

BTW, can you name another CB in the league who will hit you in the mouth like Nate will? I cant.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
              BTW, can you name another CB in the league who will hit you in the mouth like Nate will? I cant.
              Antoine Winfield.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

As usual, Marv has his priorities right, and the emphasis on rebuilding the D may be why he picked Jauron over Sherman.

The fast, athletic, swarming D concept worries me a little, however, because that's the kind of D we had when we lost the 4 straight SBs. We definitely need a little more beef than we had in those years.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  As usual, Marv has his priorities right, and the emphasis on rebuilding the D may be why he picked Jauron over Sherman.

The fast, athletic, swarming D concept worries me a little, however, because that's the kind of D we had when we lost the 4 straight SBs. We definitely need a little more beef than we had in those years.
                  I'd rather watch "fast and swarming" than "late and missing"!!

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Think about the number 24. Just think about it.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      I'd rather watch "fast and swarming" than "late and missing"!!
                      Oh, I agree, but I think Jeff Wright was a little smallish at NT; Mark Kelso was about as non-physical a performer as you can get (but a really bright over- achiever); and the LB corps - while great - lacking one real monster during our SB years.

I just hope we keep Sam Adams and add another stud at NT; get a little younger, but at least as physical, at Safety; and perhaps find a stud LB to replace Posey. I like a blend of speed/finesse and muscle on D.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Clements is a good CB. I don't hold much in his last season because up front our defense was horrid and that makes all the difference in the world to the guys trying to cover receivers.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Sam Adams is our monster!

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

[quote=Patrick76777]I just missed it but I caught a couple clips and heard them talking about it. Marv thinks that the poor defensive play led to out awful season. His plan is to build the defense up. He all but said that Clements will be here in 2006. He said he wants a fast swarming defense and he said that better play by your defense will give you better QB play. By forcing turnovers, and giving the O more chances and confidence.

That can't be. It is all JP's fault we had a crappy season. the rest of the team doesn't need to hold up thier part of the bargain.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Your joking right? The guy has a few bad games and now he isnt worth anything?

I dont know how many of you have ever played football before but the ones who have know that sometimes, you just get your ass kicked. Hell, Champ Bailey got destroyed many times in his first year in Denver, twice by Jerry Porter and company.

Clements has been and still is one of the best at his position. Sure, sometimes he will get destroyed but you can only cover a WR for so long before it becomes downright stupid. Clements will get "it" back once we get us a flippin DL that can put some pressure on the QB.
                              Every one of you miss the point completely. I don't care if no one ever throws his way because he is so good. NO CB IS WORTH THE MONEY! They are getting QB money these days. If you have a damn good front 4 ANY CB can be a 'good' CB. Spend the money on the front 4 and our defense is back to being a great one. Keep the front 4 we have or just add one single DT and keep clements, we still suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X