PDA

View Full Version : A more detailed take on what DJ said.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 02:25 PM
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16124156&BRD=2725&PAG=461&dept_id=562745&rfi=6

Some things...

So who’s the starter?

Jauron: “Somebody will be named heading into camp ... but it always will be competition. On the first day of camp there will be a name penciled in (at all positions) there but if somebody beats you out, they’re going to get the job.

Naming a QB as the starter going into camp makes it his to lose and DJ will put that guy in a position to win it. You won't name a guy the starter then put too much on him, it will be the 'guy yet to be named's' job to lose.

“We’re not of the opinion that you can be a successful team with 53 individuals. You’ve got to have a group of guys that want to be here, that want to win, that the team is more important than their individual goals. So we’ve got to put all that together, not just the part that’s on the tape. The part that’s on the tape will have to do for some of them because we’re going to have to make decisions coming up.”

Do you hear that Eric? Campbell, Adams, etc.

Were the Bills a 5-11 team last season on merit?

Jauron: “I would always say, ‘Yeah,’ because that’s what they were. I have a saying, ‘What should have happened on Sunday, did.’ That’s what should’ve happened. You can talk about if this had happened, if that had happened, but it didn’t ... that’s what we were, that’s what we are.”

THANK YOU! This team WAS a 5-11 team. It wasn't just the QB.

Overall I am honestly starting to really like DJ the more I hear from him.

Check out what Fairchild has to say as well.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3604

Oh and for those who say JP doesn't work his ass off...

He’s a guy we need to get back in here, get a feel for him ... get a feel what he’s looking for. We know his work ethic ... it’s been vouched for by multiple people in the (Bills’ administration) building. He’s got to get past last year and he needs to be better for what he went through last year. This is his third year and (that’s) critical for a young guy.”

casdhf
02-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Neat, no one cares what you think

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Neat, no one cares what you think

Really? you responded to the post right?

HAMMER
02-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Ice, we all know where you stand on Losman, quit ****ing repeating yourself!

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 02:49 PM
It wasn't just losman. he addressed several things in that article. It is nice to get closer to exactly what he said monday than the pick and choose of the local Buffalo media

Michael82
02-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the latest news from Jauron. If you are interpreting this correctly, then I'm thrilled. Thats the way I'm hoping that Jauron will treat Losman and the team. :pray:

Michael82
02-15-2006, 03:00 PM
It wasn't just losman. he addressed several things in that article. It is nice to get closer to exactly what he said monday than the pick and choose of the local Buffalo media
I agree. Good post, man. :hi5:

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I agree. Good post, man. :hi5:

Thanks. :beers:

justasportsfan
02-15-2006, 03:13 PM
My turn to interpret

Jauron: “Somebody will be named heading into camp ... but it always will be competition. On the first day of camp there will be a name penciled in (at all positions) there but if somebody beats you out, they’re going to get the job. If that was done in the first place, the vets wouldn't be able to whine because the best man won the job and no one was handed the job

“We’re not of the opinion that you can be a successful team with 53 individuals. You’ve got to have a group of guys that want to be here, that want to win, that the team is more important than their individual goals. So we’ve got to put all that together, not just the part that’s on the tape. The part that’s on the tape will have to do for some of them because we’re going to have to make decisions coming up.”

"Do you hear that Eric? Campbell, Adams, etc." .” Wow I agree, I'm glad Moulds , Sam, Campbell and the others wanted to win. It means they want to be here :snicker:

Jauron: “I would always say, ‘Yeah,’ because that’s what they were. I have a saying, ‘What should have happened on Sunday, did.’ That’s what should’ve happened. You can talk about if this had happened, if that had happened, but it didn’t ... that’s what we were, that’s what we are

THANK YOU! This team WAS a 5-11 team. It wasn't just the QB..”.” Uh anyone here who actually said it was just the QB please raise your hand!!!! (except you tacklingdummy)

Oh and for those who say JP doesn't work his ass off

He’s a guy we need to get back in here, get a feel for him ... get a feel what he’s looking for. We know his work ethic ... it’s been vouched for by multiple people in the (Bills’ administration) building. He’s got to get past last year and he needs to be better for what he went through last year. This is his third year and (that’s) critical for a young guy.” I have yet to read any say that JP has bad work ethic. :crazy: The voices you hear are not posters here.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey mikey, isn't ingnore wonderful.

justasportsfan
02-15-2006, 03:26 PM

It's more wonderful when you bring out the wimp in people especially the ones who call themselves a coach. I've never seen a wimpier coach than ICE . He uses the ignore button because he can't hang :snicker:

Michael82
02-15-2006, 03:27 PM
:rofl: I havent used it yet. I guess my mod status forces me to pay attention to all posts, no matter how idiotic they are and how many of them are from trolls....:ill:

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 03:29 PM
:rofl: I havent used it yet. I guess my mod status forces me to pay attention to all posts, no matter how idiotic they are and how many of them are from trolls....:ill:

Agreed. What is funny is when idiots keep posting when they know you have them on ignore. Again the metality level is shown.

justasportsfan
02-15-2006, 03:30 PM

Be nice, stop calling Ice's post idiotic. :mad:

Jan Reimers
02-15-2006, 03:38 PM
This is supposed to be a Bills' message board, where we can intelligently discuss Bills' football, or at least joke good naturedly about it and our differences. Why is it degenerating into a p*ssing contest between individuals?

I think we need to get back to some level of civility, so that every thread doesn't end up in a name-calling, insult filled melee.

Bill Cody
02-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Be nice, stop calling Ice's post idiotic. :mad:

:roflmao:

Michael82
02-15-2006, 04:03 PM
This is supposed to be a Bills' message board, where we can intelligently discuss Bills' football, or at least joke good naturedly about it and our differences. Why is it degenerating into a p*ssing contest between individuals?

I think we need to get back to some level of civility, so that every thread doesn't end up in a name-calling, insult filled melee.
I agree. Where's Cntrygal when you need her?...she can kick some ass and take names. :scared: :couch:

Philagape
02-16-2006, 08:03 AM

Part of it is the mentality that you must either hate a player or worship him.

Spiderweb
02-16-2006, 09:05 AM

Your point is dead on the money.

There's a chief participant in this thread that often either creates or induces a lack of civility. This lack of civility has carried over from another Bills board that he was excused from for the very same issues you have pointed out above.

To be blunt, he's one of the chief reasons I started reading BZ and occasionally posting here, which was to stay away from his diatribes, profanity (however blatant or poorly disguised) and personal attacks against those who disagreed with him and the fervor in which others eventually went after him.

Sad too because he can have some interesting things to say from time to time, yet.........

NC-BILLS44
02-16-2006, 09:44 AM

Amen, brother!

ICE74129
02-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Your point is dead on the money.

There's a chief participant in this thread that often either creates or induces a lack of civility. This lack of civility has carried over from another Bills board that he was excused from for the very same issues you have pointed out above.

To be blunt, he's one of the chief reasons I started reading BZ and occasionally posting here, which was to stay away from his diatribes, profanity (however blatant or poorly disguised) and personal attacks against those who disagreed with him and the fervor in which others eventually went after him.

Sad too because he can have some interesting things to say from time to time, yet.........

First off I am not banned from TBD so get your facts straight. I talk to folks all the time over there. I don't post as 'ICE' for a reason and no you dont' have a clue why.

I tell it how it is and don't have the time to be PC. I have always said, don't like what I post, don't read it and definately dont respond to it. There is an ignore option, feel free to use it.

Spiderweb
02-16-2006, 10:14 AM
First off I am not banned from TBD so get your facts straight. I talk to folks all the time over there. I don't post as 'ICE' for a reason and no you dont' have a clue why.

I tell it how it is and don't have the time to be PC. I have always said, don't like what I post, don't read it and definately dont respond to it. There is an ignore option, feel free to use it.

Civility isn't a matter of, "...don't have the time". As for TBD, you will remain there in infamy.

ICE74129
02-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Civility isn't a matter of, "...don't have the time". As for TBD, you will remain there in infamy.

LMAO I spent too much time dealing with the moronic 'club' that goes on there. What I think is funny though, Alaska Darin as a mod is allowed to go off on people even worse than I did to this day :roflmao:

justasportsfan
02-16-2006, 10:29 AM
OhBF didn't mention names but the guilty party sure showed up fast.

Spiderweb
02-16-2006, 10:49 AM
..........and now for other news......

ICE74129
02-16-2006, 11:30 AM
..........and now for other news......

LMAO you're the guy that started this.

TacklingDummy
02-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Uh anyone here who actually said it was just the QB please raise your hand!!!! (except you tacklingdummy)

It was a 5-11 team because Holcomb started 8 games of it and the Bills were 4-4 in games he started.

If Jp started the whole year the Bills would of been 1-15 or 2-14.

Holcomb will be fine for 1 more year. But the Bills need to draft their QB of the future this year or next.

Spiderweb
02-16-2006, 11:57 PM

Or is it......

LMAO I spent too much time dealing with the moronic 'club' that goes on there.

Which is it?

Funny too is how you "don't have time" to be civil, yet you manage to run up some very high post counts where ever you land, thusly disproving that statement in a resounding manner.

You might wish the re-read your thread as well. It seems as that others have caught onto your modus operandi as well.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Gentlemen: Jan is right. It doesn't matter who started it or who's guilty of what or not--two wrongs never make something right!

Reading this thread, which started out reasonably, is like listening to a bunch of children screaming at each other "You're wrong!", "No, your wrong!", "No, you're wrong and your mother wears combat boots!", etc., etc., ad nauseum. (and right about now you are all making a lot of the rest of us nauseous!)

I learned a very valuable lesson that has served me well throughout my life: "Good manners cost nothing and they will always get you over. Bad manners always leave a sour taste in other people's mouths, no matter how right you are, and the bad impression that you create oftentimes will come back and bite you in the butt."

No one, no matter how experienced or well educated or knowledgeable, is absolutely correct 100% of the time (not even ME! :lol:). Stating an opinion, no matter how correct or solidly supported, without allowing for others to disagree or have a fair chance to present their viewpoint is not only counter-productive, it is discourteous and disrespectful. And, telling people to use their "Ignore" button if they do not agree with you is selfish and self-centered in addition to being disrespectful, discourteous and counter-productive.

This messageboard is supposed to be a place where adults can come together to discuss (discourse is a TWO-way conversation) and share their views with one another about football and specifically the Buffalo Bills. Posters should act like adults and express themselves with the civility, courtesy and respect that an adult should, granting the other posters the same civility, courtesy and respect that they deserve as adults. Just because the website provides its members with an "Ignore" button that does not release a poster from the responsibility to post and treat other posters with respect, civility and courtesy. If you wish to be taken seriously and have your thoughts given due, serious consideration, do the same towards the other posters and their thoughts. If not, go to a website or messageboard where you won't disturb others with your self-absorbed and childish mental masturbation--this is not an appropriate place for that regardless of the subject.

I come here to discuss the Bills and football in general--to share my thoughts on those subjects and to learn what other people who are interested in those subjects are thinking about them. I do not come hear to waste my time witnessing childish arguments and personal attacks by people who should be old enough and intelligent enough to know better. If I wanted to watch or listen to children fruitlessly fighting with each other instead of coming to this website I would walk half a block from my house to the elementary school every day and listen to the kids--at least their arguments would be appropriate to their age and maturity levels.

In my opinion, Jan is correct. It's time for the discussions here to the appropriate age and maturity level and to the proper degree of civility, courtesy and respect. It doesn't matter "who started it", what matters is that you do those things. You can disagree with me if you want, but I feel very strongly about this.

mysticsoto
02-17-2006, 09:01 AM
:bf1:

You should be a mod, LTBF!!!

LifetimeBillsFan
02-17-2006, 10:05 AM
:bf1:

You should be a mod, LTBF!!!

It'll never happen, mystic: I'd end up banning too many people--probably including myself, eventually! :roflmao:

ICE74129
02-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Or is it......

Which is it?

Funny too is how you "don't have time" to be civil, yet you manage to run up some very high post counts where ever you land, thusly disproving that statement in a resounding manner.

You might wish the re-read your thread as well. It seems as that others have caught onto your modus operandi as well.

My operandi is to talk football with people that have a clue without kissing ass. I don't kiss ass, sorry.