• Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

A more detailed take on what DJ said.

Some things...

So who’s the starter?

Jauron: “Somebody will be named heading into camp ... but it always will be competition. On the first day of camp there will be a name penciled in (at all positions) there but if somebody beats you out, they’re going to get the job.

Naming a QB as the starter going into camp makes it his to lose and DJ will put that guy in a position to win it. You won't name a guy the starter then put too much on him, it will be the 'guy yet to be named's' job to lose.

“We’re not of the opinion that you can be a successful team with 53 individuals. You’ve got to have a group of guys that want to be here, that want to win, that the team is more important than their individual goals. So we’ve got to put all that together, not just the part that’s on the tape. The part that’s on the tape will have to do for some of them because we’re going to have to make decisions coming up.”

Do you hear that Eric? Campbell, Adams, etc.

Were the Bills a 5-11 team last season on merit?

Jauron: “I would always say, ‘Yeah,’ because that’s what they were. I have a saying, ‘What should have happened on Sunday, did.’ That’s what should’ve happened. You can talk about if this had happened, if that had happened, but it didn’t ... that’s what we were, that’s what we are.”

THANK YOU! This team WAS a 5-11 team. It wasn't just the QB.

Overall I am honestly starting to really like DJ the more I hear from him.

Check out what Fairchild has to say as well.

Oh and for those who say JP doesn't work his ass off...

He’s a guy we need to get back in here, get a feel for him ... get a feel what he’s looking for. We know his work ethic ... it’s been vouched for by multiple people in the (Bills’ administration) building. He’s got to get past last year and he needs to be better for what he went through last year. This is his third year and (that’s) critical for a young guy.”
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: A more detailed take on what DJ said.

Neat, no one cares what you think
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
      Neat, no one cares what you think
      Really? you responded to the post right?

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Ice, we all know where you stand on Losman, quit ****ing repeating yourself!

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

It wasn't just losman. he addressed several things in that article. It is nice to get closer to exactly what he said monday than the pick and choose of the local Buffalo media

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Thanks for the latest news from Jauron. If you are interpreting this correctly, then I'm thrilled. Thats the way I'm hoping that Jauron will treat Losman and the team.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              It wasn't just losman. he addressed several things in that article. It is nice to get closer to exactly what he said monday than the pick and choose of the local Buffalo media
              I agree. Good post, man.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                I agree. Good post, man.
                Thanks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

My turn to interpret

Jauron: “Somebody will be named heading into camp ... but it always will be competition. On the first day of camp there will be a name penciled in (at all positions) there but if somebody beats you out, they’re going to get the job.
                  If that was done in the first place, the vets wouldn't be able to whine because the best man won the job and no one was handed the job

“We’re not of the opinion that you can be a successful team with 53 individuals. You’ve got to have a group of guys that want to be here, that want to win, that the team is more important than their individual goals. So we’ve got to put all that together, not just the part that’s on the tape. The part that’s on the tape will have to do for some of them because we’re going to have to make decisions coming up.”

"Do you hear that Eric? Campbell, Adams, etc." .”
                  Wow I agree, I'm glad Moulds , Sam, Campbell and the others wanted to win. It means they want to be here

Jauron: “I would always say, ‘Yeah,’ because that’s what they were. I have a saying, ‘What should have happened on Sunday, did.’ That’s what should’ve happened. You can talk about if this had happened, if that had happened, but it didn’t ... that’s what we were, that’s what we are

THANK YOU! This team WAS a 5-11 team. It wasn't just the QB..”.”
                  Uh anyone here who actually said it was just the QB please raise your hand!!!! (except you tacklingdummy)

Oh and for those who say JP doesn't work his ass off

He’s a guy we need to get back in here, get a feel for him ... get a feel what he’s looking for. We know his work ethic ... it’s been vouched for by multiple people in the (Bills’ administration) building. He’s got to get past last year and he needs to be better for what he went through last year. This is his third year and (that’s) critical for a young guy.”
                  I have yet to read any say that JP has bad work ethic. The voices you hear are not posters here.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Hey mikey, isn't ingnore wonderful.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justa
                      It's more wonderful when you bring out the wimp in people especially the ones who call themselves a coach. I've never seen a wimpier coach than ICE . He uses the ignore button because he can't hang
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

I havent used it yet. I guess my mod status forces me to pay attention to all posts, no matter how idiotic they are and how many of them are from trolls....

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

I havent used it yet. I guess my mod status forces me to pay attention to all posts, no matter how idiotic they are and how many of them are from trolls....
                          Agreed. What is funny is when idiots keep posting when they know you have them on ignore. Again the metality level is shown.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Be nice, stop calling Ice's post idiotic.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

This is supposed to be a Bills' message board, where we can intelligently discuss Bills' football, or at least joke good naturedly about it and our differences. Why is it degenerating into a p*ssing contest between individuals?

I think we need to get back to some level of civility, so that every thread doesn't end up in a name-calling, insult filled melee.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X