I will say Marv and DJ are refreshing. And marvs WGR interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

I will say Marv and DJ are refreshing. And marvs WGR interview.

It sure is nice to hear something besides 'Uhhhh...I have to look at film...uhhhhh'.

DJ and Marv are much more direct and more to the point. Some notes from his WGR interview...

That said go to WGR if you get a chance and listen to Marv. He says they are meeting this week to discuss the cap. they have decisions to make and need to get around to making decisions.

He won't at this time address specific possitions but says the team doesn't start with the QB, it starts with the Offensive and Defensive lines. God I love hearing that!

25 of the 32 teams have a 'QB situation' meaning they are not set at QB yet.

Confidence makes a great QB. To be a good QB you must have a good defense to back you.

Says he covered Elway his first year in the league as a TV Analyst before coming to Buffalo and thought he was horrible. Meaning what JP is now, doesn't mean he won't be a great QB. Marv wants the system simplified.

LMAO St. Louis has the best show on turf, Marv wants the 'Best show on Snow'. Friggin old man cracks me up.

11 teams ran the ball less than buffalo and 10 of them had losing records. Why? marv says because the DEFENSE allowed them to get behind. Again says the DEFENSE will make the QB better.

The theme for him over and over is DEFENSE esp the DL. Lines lines and more lines overall. Thank God!
  • ChristopherWalken
    • Dec 2002

Re: I will say Marv and DJ are refreshing. And marvs WGR interview.

It's a little unnerving that the salary cap has yet to be discussed.

Marv is quick as ever. He still has what it takes to put together a contender.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I'll take care of the salary cap

Comment

• tat2dmike77
        Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
        • Dec 2005

Go for it clump

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Looks like we're drafting the big guy from Oregon.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I believe one of the other top 7 prospect will fall to us.

Don't count out Marv jumping on Williams or hawk if they fall. A dominant pass rushing DE is just what the Dr. ordered.

Hawk is even more intruiging at OLB. Spikes may never be the same and Posey can be upgraded. None of our Starters are getting any younger. Hawk would be a great coup

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

Don't count out Marv jumping on Williams or hawk if they fall. A dominant pass rushing DE is just what the Dr. ordered.

Hawk is even more intruiging at OLB. Spikes may never be the same and Posey can be upgraded. None of our Starters are getting any younger. Hawk would be a great coup
              I agree...I think Hawk and Williams are more of sure things than Ngata. I really hope one of them falls to us. If the Jets need to draft a QB it is quite possible.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl

I don't see us going LB after listening to marv. It will be Ngata or a DE.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

We finally have a coach and a GM who "get it," i.e., Defense and the O line are the keys to winning. With a number of really good skill players left over from the Donahoe Era, and the foundation players that Levy and Jauron will bring in, this team may turn around quickly.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    We finally have a coach and a GM who "get it," i.e., Defense and the O line are the keys to winning. With a number of really good skill players left over from the Donahoe Era, and the foundation players that Levy and Jauron will bring in, this team may turn around quickly.
                    Exactly

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Ice being optimistic?

WOW!?!
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        Ice being optimistic?

WOW!?!
                        I am realistic and optimistic. I am optimistic the Defense will be MUCH improved this year for many reasons. One of which will be at least 2 new starters on the DL and hopefully 1 more at SS.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                          I'll take care of the salary cap
                          I don't think they will allow a guy who does dolphin cap pages to handle our cap.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            I don't think they will allow a guy who does dolphin cap pages to handle our cap.
                            Why? B'cse Clump has the ability to be fair and impartial???

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Why? B'cse Clump has the ability to be fair and impartial???
                              As an employee of the Buffalo Bills he would need to be focused 100% on them. Fair and impartial? Is he Bills fan or a fin fan?

Comment

Working...
                              X