PDA

View Full Version : I will say Marv and DJ are refreshing. And marvs WGR interview.

ICE74129
02-15-2006, 03:58 PM
It sure is nice to hear something besides 'Uhhhh...I have to look at film...uhhhhh'.

DJ and Marv are much more direct and more to the point. Some notes from his WGR interview...

That said go to WGR if you get a chance and listen to Marv. He says they are meeting this week to discuss the cap. they have decisions to make and need to get around to making decisions.

He won't at this time address specific possitions but says the team doesn't start with the QB, it starts with the Offensive and Defensive lines. God I love hearing that!

25 of the 32 teams have a 'QB situation' meaning they are not set at QB yet.

Confidence makes a great QB. To be a good QB you must have a good defense to back you.

Says he covered Elway his first year in the league as a TV Analyst before coming to Buffalo and thought he was horrible. Meaning what JP is now, doesn't mean he won't be a great QB. Marv wants the system simplified.

LMAO St. Louis has the best show on turf, Marv wants the 'Best show on Snow'. Friggin old man cracks me up. :roflmao:

11 teams ran the ball less than buffalo and 10 of them had losing records. Why? marv says because the DEFENSE allowed them to get behind. Again says the DEFENSE will make the QB better.

The theme for him over and over is DEFENSE esp the DL. Lines lines and more lines overall. Thank God!

ChristopherWalken
02-15-2006, 07:37 PM
It's a little unnerving that the salary cap has yet to be discussed.

Marv is quick as ever. He still has what it takes to put together a contender.

clumping platelets
02-15-2006, 10:39 PM
I'll take care of the salary cap :D

tat2dmike77
02-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Go for it clump

lordofgun
02-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Looks like we're drafting the big guy from Oregon.

ddaryl
02-16-2006, 04:27 AM
I believe one of the other top 7 prospect will fall to us.

Don't count out Marv jumping on Williams or hawk if they fall. A dominant pass rushing DE is just what the Dr. ordered.

Hawk is even more intruiging at OLB. Spikes may never be the same and Posey can be upgraded. None of our Starters are getting any younger. Hawk would be a great coup

don137
02-16-2006, 06:52 AM

Don't count out Marv jumping on Williams or hawk if they fall. A dominant pass rushing DE is just what the Dr. ordered.

Hawk is even more intruiging at OLB. Spikes may never be the same and Posey can be upgraded. None of our Starters are getting any younger. Hawk would be a great coup

I agree...I think Hawk and Williams are more of sure things than Ngata. I really hope one of them falls to us. If the Jets need to draft a QB it is quite possible.

ICE74129
02-16-2006, 08:51 AM

I don't see us going LB after listening to marv. It will be Ngata or a DE.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2006, 11:36 AM
We finally have a coach and a GM who "get it," i.e., Defense and the O line are the keys to winning. With a number of really good skill players left over from the Donahoe Era, and the foundation players that Levy and Jauron will bring in, this team may turn around quickly.

ICE74129
02-16-2006, 12:31 PM
We finally have a coach and a GM who "get it," i.e., Defense and the O line are the keys to winning. With a number of really good skill players left over from the Donahoe Era, and the foundation players that Levy and Jauron will bring in, this team may turn around quickly.

Exactly

ublinkwescore
02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Ice being optimistic?

WOW!?!

ICE74129
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Ice being optimistic?

WOW!?!

I am realistic and optimistic. I am optimistic the Defense will be MUCH improved this year for many reasons. One of which will be at least 2 new starters on the DL and hopefully 1 more at SS.

ICE74129
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I'll take care of the salary cap :D

I don't think they will allow a guy who does dolphin cap pages to handle our cap.

mysticsoto
02-17-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't think they will allow a guy who does dolphin cap pages to handle our cap.

Why? B'cse Clump has the ability to be fair and impartial???

ICE74129
02-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Why? B'cse Clump has the ability to be fair and impartial???

As an employee of the Buffalo Bills he would need to be focused 100% on them. Fair and impartial? Is he Bills fan or a fin fan?

justasportsfan
02-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Why? B'cse Clump has the ability to be fair and impartial??? He doesn't even know who Clump is. Don't mind him.

Didn't you know that aside from being a "coach" some poster here is also a GM of that 3rd grade class he coaches and will take credit to their never being in cap trouble. This guy knows more about the cap and coaching than the bills organization themselves.

mysticsoto
02-17-2006, 09:08 AM
As an employee of the Buffalo Bills he would need to be focused 100% on them. Fair and impartial? Is he Bills fan or a fin fan?

Well I'm pretty sure if he were an employee of the Bills fan he would be 100% focused on them. However, being intimate with knowledge of the Dolphins cap and what they are capable of doing with it in a particular season has got to be a plus, not a negative!

So what you're saying is that you equate impartialness with being a traitor? That's awfully close-minded...

ICE74129
02-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Well I'm pretty sure if he were an employee of the Bills fan he would be 100% focused on them. However, being intimate with knowledge of the Dolphins cap and what they are capable of doing with it in a particular season has got to be a plus, not a negative!

So what you're saying is that you equate impartialness with being a traitor? That's awfully close-minded...

I disagree comepletely. You don't bother with what you can't control. He can't conrtrol what the Dolphins do with their cap so focus on ours. Who cares what other teams have? Take what YOU have and do the best YOU can with it. That is what you CAN control. focus 100% on the job at hand.

mysticsoto
02-17-2006, 11:33 AM
I disagree comepletely. You don't bother with what you can't control. He can't conrtrol what the Dolphins do with their cap so focus on ours. Who cares what other teams have? Take what YOU have and do the best YOU can with it. That is what you CAN control. focus 100% on the job at hand.

And for the most part, I might agree with you. But for a GM or similar position, it may very well be important to know who other teams might want to take - how much money they have in their cap, etc to better make decisions. Case in point, when TD went after JP, it was with the knowledge that both GB and the Rams were interested in him. He therefore moved up to beat them in picking him. Regardless of whether JP pans out in the future or not, TD and the rest of the FO made the decision that they wanted him and used what they knew of other teams to beat them to it. It NEVER hurts to understand your enemies...it does not mean there is a lack of focus on your own team either! Quite the contrary. You can use what you know to your advantage.

feelthepain
02-17-2006, 03:58 PM
It sure is nice to hear something besides 'Uhhhh...I have to look at film...uhhhhh'.

DJ and Marv are much more direct and more to the point. Some notes from his WGR interview...

That said go to WGR if you get a chance and listen to Marv. He says they are meeting this week to discuss the cap. they have decisions to make and need to get around to making decisions.

He won't at this time address specific possitions but says the team doesn't start with the QB, it starts with the Offensive and Defensive lines. God I love hearing that!

25 of the 32 teams have a 'QB situation' meaning they are not set at QB yet.

Confidence makes a great QB. To be a good QB you must have a good defense to back you.

Says he covered Elway his first year in the league as a TV Analyst before coming to Buffalo and thought he was horrible. Meaning what JP is now, doesn't mean he won't be a great QB. Marv wants the system simplified.

LMAO St. Louis has the best show on turf, Marv wants the 'Best show on Snow'. Friggin old man cracks me up. :roflmao:

11 teams ran the ball less than buffalo and 10 of them had losing records. Why? marv says because the DEFENSE allowed them to get behind. Again says the DEFENSE will make the QB better.

The theme for him over and over is DEFENSE esp the DL. Lines lines and more lines overall. Thank God!

Change can be good!!

The_Philster
02-18-2006, 10:38 AM
And for the most part, I might agree with you. But for a GM or similar position, it may very well be important to know who other teams might want to take - how much money they have in their cap, etc to better make decisions. Case in point, when TD went after JP, it was with the knowledge that both GB and the Rams were interested in him. He therefore moved up to beat them in picking him. Regardless of whether JP pans out in the future or not, TD and the rest of the FO made the decision that they wanted him and used what they knew of other teams to beat them to it. It NEVER hurts to understand your enemies...it does not mean there is a lack of focus on your own team either! Quite the contrary. You can use what you know to your advantage.
besides, if Clumpy did get a job with the Bills, he wouldn't have time to do all that work with the Fiish cap anyway so it's a stupid thing to ***** about in the first place

The_Philster
02-18-2006, 10:39 AM
He doesn't even know who Clump is. Don't mind him.

Didn't you know that aside from being a "coach" some poster here is also a GM of that 3rd grade class he coaches and will take credit to their never being in cap trouble. This guy knows more about the cap and coaching than the bills organization themselves.