PDA

View Full Version : How would you have built the team in the draft since 1998?

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-28-2003, 01:48 AM
Hindsight is 20/20

What is your perfect scenario? Keep in mind of who you picked in the past drafts that leads to other picks in the later years. Even though that was a good pick we might not have needed it at the time.

1- We could've had Spikes in 98' if we would've had our 1st round pick. Can't look past it now.

2 - Patrick Surtain- I know we hate him, but he would've been a great addition next to Winfield instead of Ken Irvin all them years.

3- Jermiah Trotter- We still could've scored with Trotter in the 3rd. Instead we got Robert Hicks.

4- No pick either. Only decent player in that round was Jason Fabini. He would've been an improvemen over Fina, and maybe we wouldn't have given him all that money

5th- Corey Bradford- That is if he was playing like his is now

1- Antoine Winfield- Can't argue with this pick. Surtain and Winfield would've been great next to each other. Our defense would've been better then it already was.

2nd- Peerless Price- Can't argue with this either. I still hope we get him back.

3- Amos Zereoue- Shawn Bryson was always injured. Zereoue is better

4a- Keith Newman- Another good pick for Butler. It's either him or Wali Rainer

4b- Aaron Brooks- Doesn't it suck to know all the money we wasted on Johnson and Flutie, we could've had Brooks one year later?

5th- Jay Foreman- I agree with Butler again. I still don't understand why we traded him. I always thought he was solid.

1- Darren Howard- Anything is better then Erik Flowers

2- Traveres Tillman- I know he sucked but there was nobody else around there any good either. Deon Grant got snatched 1 slot before us.

3- Laveranues Coles- Moulds, Price, and Coles...SCARY!!

4- Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila- This guy wreaks havoc

5- Sammy Morris- He's been an average player for us. Nobody else good around him anyway

This was an awsome draft. One our best ever. It could've been even better though

1- I agree with the Clements. "If" we already had Surtain, and Winfield, Clements would've been a GREAT #3, or a possible replacement for either one.

2a- Aaron Schobel- I also agree with this pick. He will never be a superstar, but he will be solid

2b- Shaun Rogers- Big Pat and Rogers would've polished off our DL problems.

3- Jonas Jennings- Good call TD

4- Carlos Polk- We took Spoon instead. Butler snatched up our mistake a few picks later.

5- Marques Sullivan- This was also a solid decision.

1- Mike Williams- I think he will be a dominant force for years to come.

2a- Clinton Portis- I like Travis and he is a great back, but Portis is even better then him.

2b- Randle El- Pittsburgh got the last laugh on TD again on this decision. The Steelers were gonna take Denny so TD traded up a slot ahead of them. Instead they end up with Randle El. I bet they're still thanking Tom for this one.

3- Coy Wire- Can't complain about this one

You think we would've maybe won a Super Bowl with this dream draft? If not yet, then we'd definitely be on the verge of it now. It would've depended on how fast Aaron Brooks developed for us.

We would've been loaded on offense and defense for a 5 year span before we even had to worry about cutting any of them.

Just think if you would've had the ultimae GM that knew everything, and scored a draft like that over a 5 year period.

Just think if we would've had our 1st round pick in 1998, and our 10 million dollars between RJ and Flutie. There's no way we could've lost. Even with Wade we would've won.