PDA

View Full Version : I'm so pumped!

Patrick76777
02-16-2006, 08:59 AM
I’ve been saying since November that:

-this team didn’t need to rebuild.
-That Clements, Adams and Moulds needed to be on the team
-That being smart with the cap was one thing, but we need to spend more money. (like every other team in the league).

All of those look like they’re going to happen! Let’s hope my other 3 happen.

-All 4 day 1 draft picks spent on the lines, with no white D-linemen and no projects.
-Signing the best Free Agent D-tackle on the board.
-Bringing in a vet QB (Levy hinted at this the other day).

Wow, maybe I could be GM!

Spiderweb
02-16-2006, 09:09 AM

-That being smart with the cap was one thing, but we need to spend more money. (like every other team in the league).

All of those look like they’re going to happen! Let’s hope my other 3 happen.

-All 4 day 1 draft picks spent on the lines, with no white D-linemen and no projects.

Wow, maybe I could be GM!

"-All 4 day 1 draft picks spent on the lines, with no white D-linemen and no projects."

That sounds almost.....well.....you know. Lets just settle for good D-linemen and leave it at that. :peace:

LtBillsFan66
02-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Best free agend DT if the price is right. ;)

Tatonka
02-16-2006, 09:18 AM
so white guys are ok for the oline.. just not suitable for the dline.. got it.

Patrick76777
02-16-2006, 09:25 AM
so white guys are ok for the oline.. just not suitable for the dline.. got it.
Yep, I’ll even go a step further. I want 5 White guys on my o-line and 4 Black guys on my D-line.

That’s just the way I like it.

justasportsfan
02-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Yep, I’ll even go a step further. I want 5 White guys on my o-line and 4 Black guys on my D-line.

What color would Samoans or Tongans be?

Patrick76777
02-16-2006, 09:39 AM
What color would Samoans or Tongans be?
Not sure. As it goes for the D-line, they are non-white so I’m willing to give it a chance.

It’s like running back, would you draft a white running back?

justasportsfan
02-16-2006, 10:42 AM
It’s like running back, would you draft a white running back? Yes I would

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/white_lendale00.html

Spiderweb
02-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Yes I would

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/white_lendale00.html

Nice, quick comeback. Yet, to be more serious, if there was another John Riggins out there, or the "Grey Ghost" (ooops, that was a movie).....

tampabay25690
02-16-2006, 11:03 AM
How does this sound the Bills trade with the Jets and get there pick we give them our 8th overall and our 3rd round pick and we draft D Brick then our OT will be set for many years....We get our DT and a solid DE then the Bills will make 3 great steps in the right direction. I really think we could get Triplett in Free Agency, and Bentley would be another great signing...

ddaryl
02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Getting Clements back was a no brainer, one off year doesn't mean we should unload him. He can't break our bank though.

Does Moulds want to stay a Bill ? Do the Bills want to absorb his entire cap hit this year ?

Yes to OL or DL, but we do not have to spend all 4 1st day picks on OL/DL, this team has a desperate need for a Safety. We also need OLB's, Spikes might not be 100% for awhile or ever, and Posey can be replaced or will need to be replaced in the near future.

Some of these issues need can be addressed in FA.

Meister
02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
The offseason, where every team is destined for the playoffs and a superbowl appearence is just a couple of years away. If only I could be a gm! I would make all the right moves and that much sought after 17 win season would become a reality.

Patrick76777
02-16-2006, 11:10 AM
The offseason, where every team is destined for the playoffs and a superbowl appearence is just a couple of years away. If only I could be a gm! I would make all the right moves and that much sought after 17 win season would become a reality.
Yep, that’s what I was thinking!

Jan Reimers
02-16-2006, 11:22 AM

I agree, except about the D-linemen needing to be people of color. And, I would add at least one, and perhaps two, veteran O linemen (of any color) in free agency.

mysticsoto
02-16-2006, 12:38 PM
How does this sound the Bills trade with the Jets and get there pick we give them our 8th overall and our 3rd round pick and we draft D Brick then our OT will be set for many years....We get our DT and a solid DE then the Bills will make 3 great steps in the right direction. I really think we could get Triplett in Free Agency, and Bentley would be another great signing...

I just asked this in the 2006draftzone above (that is a ghost town b'cse nobody is really posting much there and are posting here instead). I think this is a great idea and if the Jets bite on it, I do it in a second!!! If we can land Brick, we could then move Gandy to LG. Then, all we have to worry about is Center. Bentley is the best choice for this. I don't know if Preston is ready or not - the FO would have to make that decision. But if he isn't, he's a great backup. Villarial and Peters will likely remain in the right side. Our Oline would be set!!!

Then, with our 2nd rd, we could focus on the Dline...Watson will likely not be availabe unfortunately. If we can get Ted Washington (If the Raiders dump him) that'd be an excellent stop gap alongside Sam Adams.

mysticsoto
02-16-2006, 12:40 PM

This is moronic. The Brick is black, and so is Jason Peters...I would take both in a second for my Oline Tackles (and hope that we do get Brick).

BillsFever21
02-17-2006, 09:20 AM

No team will trade the #4 pick in the draft for the #8 pick for a lousy 3rd rounder. It would take at least a 2nd round pick.

ddaryl
02-17-2006, 10:51 AM
This is moronic. The Brick is black, and so is Jason Peters...I would take both in a second for my Oline Tackles (and hope that we do get Brick).

Is it possible to have a wet football dream ? Cause this would qualify IMO, both are young and would be with us for a long time barring injury, and of course if they both pan out for the duration.

I would offer the Jets a swap of 1st rd picks, and then give them a 3rd in 2006 and a 2nd in 2007. Heck I'd even bend and throw in one of our later 2nd day picks. The Jets need picks and they need to rebuild slowly while regaining control of their cap. They might prefer a pick in 2007 to spread it out.

We still get our 2nd and our other 3rd and have a full day 1 draft. We can worry about re-acquiring nexts years 2nd somewhere down the line.

mybills
02-17-2006, 11:48 AM
I want 5 White guys on my o-line
Teague's white, and he's tough...put him somewhere else on the line. :up:
I STILL want a new center. :;

SabreEleven
02-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Let's get a white CB. Do they make them any more?

ublinkwescore
02-18-2006, 03:10 PM
So you'd be totally opposed to us drafting a Grant Wistrom?