PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about

Jeff1220
02-16-2006, 11:58 AM
To hopefully keep this from turning into a JP debate, I will preface this by saying that I want JP to succeed and I think he needs time to show if he can, but it is still a large question mark. I don't think Kelly is the answer. I don't want this post to seem like an indictment of JP, especially since it's not really about him. It's more about adding one more option.
That said, I think Josh McCown would be a decent, low-priced pick up. He is still quite young and as a worst case scenario, he would be a decent back-up. Anyway, he is a young QB that, I believe, still has some upside and could challenge JP and Kelly. After all, who has actually looked good at QB for the Cards? Plummer was okay, but has obviously improved in Denver. As they've been saying, competition is a good thing. Thoughts?

Pride
02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I dont think Montana would succeed in the offense we had last year.

I say leave our QB's in place as they are, fix the OL, then judge them. I give both QB's a pass with the offense they had to work with last year.

feelthepain
02-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I dont think Montana would succeed in the offense we had last year.

I say leave our QB's in place as they are, fix the OL, then judge them. I give both QB's a pass with the offense they had to work with last year.

I'd say talent was the problem with the Bills O last year, nothing more. Other then QB and TE your skill position could get the job done and I think Holcomb is a solid starter, not great, but solid. The line was there biggest problem...on both sides of the ball.