PDA

View Full Version : Not renewing Season Tix

Pride
02-17-2006, 02:31 PM
I got the renewal notice in the mail this week.

Anyone else not renewing?

Jan Reimers
02-17-2006, 02:38 PM
I've got one more year on my Jim Kelly Sideline Club tix, then I'll make a decision. For me, it's the time and distance involved in relation to the the product on the field.

Luckily, I don't have to decide until next offseason. I'd like to see some marked improvement, or I just might decide to bag the drive from North Carolina and watch them on DirecTV.

ArcticWildMan
02-17-2006, 02:51 PM
North carolina? :eek:

You are seriously hardcore!!!

The_Philster
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
No way am I not renewing

justasportsfan
02-17-2006, 03:06 PM
No way am I not renewing their reasons are valid. They are not sure about the team , you go for the jills. :couch:

Griz78
02-17-2006, 03:07 PM
As much as I was upset at teh end of the year, I am renewing. I am willing to give Marv and Jauron a chance plus Bills Games are just too much damn fun!!!

The_Philster
02-17-2006, 03:11 PM
their reasons are valid. They are not sure about the team , you go for the jills. :couch:
More than just the Jills...the whole experience is phenomenal...tailgating...bowling ball shots...being a real part of the game. I'll take being able to help cause 21 penalties and Steve Young to line up behind LG instead of C over sitting on a couch any day :up:

justasportsfan
02-17-2006, 03:12 PM
More than just the Jills...the whole experience is phenomenal...tailgating...bowling ball shots...being a real part of the game. I'll take being able to help cause 21 penalties and Steve Young to line up behind LG instead of C over sitting on a couch any day :up:Like I said , the jills.

The_Philster
02-17-2006, 03:15 PM
must be something about people for Bush and literacy problems

justasportsfan
02-17-2006, 03:22 PM
must be something about people for Bush and literacy problems me no speaky Engli..

Devin
02-17-2006, 03:29 PM
If I still lived in Northern VA id probably have season tickets.

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Not even a question. I am renewing and I know about 8 people who will be getting them for the first time this year.

The_Philster
02-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Not even a question. I am renewing and I know about 8 people who will be getting them for the first time this year.
just warn me of where you-know-who is sitting :nervous:

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2006, 03:50 PM
She requested your lap phil..... :idunno:

feelthepain
02-17-2006, 03:53 PM

No better way to send a message to Mr. Wilson then that!!

Devin
02-17-2006, 03:53 PM
lol and :ill: at the same time.

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2006, 03:54 PM
I doubt he will get any messages. I expect most games to be sold out.

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2006, 03:55 PM
The only message we send by not getting season tickets or not going to games is that we no longer want a team. With Wilson aging and talks of moving teams to LA I don't think this is the best time for that.

BAM
02-17-2006, 03:57 PM
If I could afford it, timewise, I would have seasons too! It'd be impossible to make it up there 8 weekends with my night classes. Damn I can't wait to graduate!

Devin
02-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Next year I am gonna go to at least 2.

tat2dmike77
02-17-2006, 04:00 PM
If I could afford it, timewise, I would have seasons too! It'd be impossible to make it up there 8 weekends with my night classes. Damn I can't wait to graduate!

I hear that BAM

feelthepain
02-17-2006, 04:01 PM
The only message we send by not getting season tickets or not going to games is that we no longer want a team. With Wilson aging and talks of moving teams to LA I don't think this is the best time for that.

You can't say that, the Bills have a history of a strong loyal fan base. The statement of empty seats would be loud and clear!!

Bill Brasky
02-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I didn't renew mine, not worth it since this team is going nowhere in a hurry.

I did go in with a friend on his plan so I'll be going to at least a couple games unless I move way away from this area which hopefully will happen.

BAM
02-17-2006, 04:04 PM
We play in Baltimore this year, correct?

That means I should be able to make three again this year!

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't agree. The NFL will look for any reason to snatch up a team at this point. Win or loss I still have a blast at games.

What are you trying to make a statement about anyways?

chernobylwraiths
You can't say that, the Bills have a history of a strong loyal fan base. The statement of empty seats would be loud and clear!!

From what I remember, so did Oakland, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc. For the right money, many owners would move. That being said, I think it would take a lot more for Mr. Wilson to move the team. Of course, when the team gets sold, the same might not be able to be said for the new owner whoever that may be.

THATHURMANATOR
I didn't renew mine, but I got in with a friend on his so I'll be going to a couple games.

You live 8 hours away. I can see not driving that far every other week.

BAM
02-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Win or loss I still have a blast at games.
I agree with that 10,000%! I would have a blast if we were 0-16. Always do. It wouldn't be quite as fun, but I'd still enjoy every second being there!

Then again, I'm not as big a fan as some of these guys though, THURM. Plus, I'm not a season ticket holder, so my opinion holds less value than others. :(

The_Philster
02-17-2006, 04:11 PM
agreed :(

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2006, 04:13 PM
From what I remember, so did Oakland, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc. For the right money, many owners would move. That being said, I think it would take a lot more for Mr. Wilson to move the team. Of course, when the team gets sold, the same might not be able to be said for the new owner whoever that may be.
You are a wise man.

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Understood Bammer.

Bill Brasky
02-17-2006, 04:19 PM
You live 8 hours away. I can see not driving that far every other week.

ha, I don't even have a car anymore. I'll probably have to fly.

feelthepain
02-17-2006, 04:30 PM
From what I remember, so did Oakland, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc. For the right money, many owners would move.

Then if that's the case being sold out everyweek has no relevance!!!

Devin
02-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Ill be at the opener, and prob Baltimore. I may try and hit a game in Florida just depends on the dates.

chernobylwraiths
02-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Then if that's the case being sold out everyweek has no relevance!!!

It doesn't have total relevance. Wilson has said many times that he didn't want to move the team, but in 98 our lease deal was coming to a close and he wanted some things from the area to keep the team here and got them. I say if this comes up again in the near future with the state of the economy in this area we might not be able to pony up again. I still think Wilson will keep this team here, but when the team get's sold, the new owner would probably have to get some awful good assurances from the area in order to stay considering that we are the second smallest market in the NFL and LA the second largest has no team. LA could probably throw billions at a new owner.

PromoTheRobot
02-17-2006, 05:15 PM

I already paid for my seats, but I want to upgrade. Are your seats any good? Can I have them?

PTR

G. Host
02-17-2006, 05:38 PM

Mount Airy, which is the closest point I can think of to Buffalo, is around 550 miles from Buffalo which is maybe 11 hours. You are certainly right!

G. Host
02-17-2006, 05:41 PM
We play in Baltimore this year, correct?

That means I should be able to make three again this year!

Baltimore tickets may go $150/ea from scalpers. I'll go to a tailgate if I am on East Coast but not willing to pay that much so a scalper can make money.

I go to 3 regular games and a preseason game a year from Alexandria, VA.

chernobylwraiths
02-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Baltimore tickets may go $150/ea from scalpers. I'll go to a tailgate if I am on East Coast but not willing to pay that much so a scalper can make money.

I go to 3 regular games and a preseason game a year from Alexandria, VA.

I thought that someone from the zone got a good deal on tickets for those who went to the game in 04. I thought they were high up but were regular ticket priced. Plus, the Bills get some tickets for each home game, maybe someone from here could get tickets as well.

G. Host
02-17-2006, 06:26 PM
I asked a contact that year in Buffalo Bills and they can not do it. Maybe some else has better contacts than I do.

StillLurkin
02-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Added 2 more to my account. That makes 6 season tix now. It's about more than the game, it's the experience, and the people. It's a party for 10 sundays a year, and besides if i watch em lose on tv i'm more pissed than if I am at the game. It's just a good time!!

Bmax
02-17-2006, 08:59 PM
i want to get them again..But i have to find someone to get them with....My brother is a little iffy.. Ball and chain ... doesn't like football. I WOULD RATHER STAY SINGLE AND WATCH THE BILLS...

BMAX

mysticsoto
02-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I am leaning on not renewing. Part of it was the bad taste left in my mouth - especially the way Mularkey ended the season. If MM had played JP and shown that he cared more about developing the players (maybe put in Gates instead of McGahee in the last few games also) I would be happier. I realize it is unfair to Jauron and Levy to hold on to that, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth b'cse of that.

The other part is that I have a new little one soon to be on the way, and the finances might get tighter since the ball n chain won't be working for atleast a year. But we'll see. I may change my mind and I still have time...

feelthepain
02-18-2006, 01:51 AM
I am leaning on not renewing. Part of it was the bad taste left in my mouth - especially the way Mularkey ended the season. If MM had played JP and shown that he cared more about developing the players (maybe put in Gates instead of McGahee in the last few games also) I would be happier. I realize it is unfair to Jauron and Levy to hold on to that, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth b'cse of that.

The other part is that I have a new little one soon to be on the way, and the finances might get tighter since the ball n chain won't be working for atleast a year. But we'll see. I may change my mind and I still have time...

Didn't the players revolt against JP?? From my understanding they did. Saying he was an arrogant jerk. So if MM wanted to get any production out of the team "at all" he had no choice but to play Holcomb. It might not have been MM refusing to play JP, but trying to prevent a mutiny if he did play JP. The dislike for JP by the other players was reported, you gotta think that had some bearing on what took place. That was also reported about JP (cocky) before the draft and is partly why he didn't grade out as high as the ohters in his draft.

gr8slayer
02-18-2006, 04:43 AM

Hey. Try making two games a year from Texas!

gr8slayer
02-18-2006, 04:43 AM
Didn't the players revolt against JP?? From my understanding they did. Saying he was an arrogant jerk. So if MM wanted to get any production out of the team "at all" he had no choice but to play Holcomb. It might not have been MM refusing to play JP, but trying to prevent a mutiny if he did play JP. The dislike for JP by the other players was reported, you gotta think that had some bearing on what took place. That was also reported about JP (cocky) before the draft and is partly why he didn't grade out as high as the ohters in his draft.
If Eric Moulds is the team then yeah, the team did call him a jerk.

tampabay25690
02-18-2006, 08:12 AM
their reasons are valid. They are not sure about the team , you go for the jills. :couch:

YOU go for our team thats why........I still own tickets for the Bills and I never get to go, I guess because I live in Florida..... I usually give them to friends or family...I WILL never give them up ever and I will (If the Bills still stay in BUFF) give them to a family member. Its not good to hear when people start to talk about giving there tickets up just scares me what might happen in the future. STILL to this day there is not 1 place I have been to that has tailgates and fans like the BUFFALO BILLS FANS..............I have season tickets here in Tampa and you want to talk about ridiculous the owners here don't give a RATS A** about there fans tickets have went up for the 4th straight year and the fans suck real bad........Parking is $25.-- anywhere around stadium unless u find a deal for $20.00. My tickets in Buff in the lower level on the 20 are cheaper then Tampa

Historian
02-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Don't bust on Pride...he drives up from Harrisburgh...that's a long ride to see a football game week after week.

However...if any newbies looking for nice seats, ask him to sign his over to you, as they are great. I can personally vouch for that.

And Jan...I simply don't know how you do it. I used to hate the ride back to Amherst after a game.

BAM
02-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Don't bust on Pride...he drives up from Harrisburgh...that's a long ride to see a football game week after week.

Chambersburg actually.

Which is even farther away.... bout 45 minutes south of H-burg.

:D

Jan Reimers
02-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Mount Airy, which is the closest point I can think of to Buffalo, is around 550 miles from Buffalo which is maybe 11 hours. You are certainly right!
I live on the Outer Banks, which is 650-700 miles from OP, depending on which route we take. It's generally a 12 to 13 hour trip - when the weather cooperates.

I don't know if my wife and I are hard core, or just nuts.

Jan Reimers
02-18-2006, 09:36 AM
And Jan...I simply don't know how you do it. I used to hate the ride back to Amherst after a game.
The toughest part is the ride back on Monday after a loss. Those 13 hours seem to take forever.

The_Philster
02-18-2006, 10:21 AM
I don't know if my wife and I are hard core, or just nuts.Maybe a little of both

Michael82
02-18-2006, 12:10 PM
I am definitely renewing. Now that I got season tickets to the Buffalo Bills, I will NEVER give them up no matter what. :up:

I just gotta see what my season ticket partner wants to do about his seat. If he can't go, then I'll try to get someone else to buy his seat for the season. :D

THATHURMANATOR
02-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Corey :hi5: Mikey

Michael82
02-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Corey :hi5: Mikey
Mikey:hi5:Corey

Bmax
02-18-2006, 12:50 PM
I need good seats.. ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SEASON FROM SOMEONE WHO IS GIVING THEM UP !!!!!!

Pm... Me

Bmax

Go Bills

chubluv
02-19-2006, 12:12 AM
I've had season tix since 1983. Theres only 2 ways I would ever give them up.
1. I die
2. They move across country & I cant drive to see them.

BillsFever21
02-19-2006, 04:01 AM
I had them for 4 years but my work schedule doesn't work well for me to get season tickets anymore. The only way I could is if I used all my vacation time to attend the games or stay up for 40 hours straight because I had to work after the game.

My job and time off is more important then to go through that to watch a losing team. I can't go into work without any sleep and dragging ass with the responsibility I have. I need either Saturday night off so I can sleep the night before the game or the night after the game off. Either way involves me using my days off for. Both preseason games and two regular season games is enough for me at this point. That's still almost half of my vacation days.