Circumstances that could lead Bills to Draft Day Shocker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Circumstances that could lead Bills to Draft Day Shocker.

Circumstances Could Lead Bills To Draft Day Shocker * Fox Sports

I'm already bracing myself for the barrage of "are you nuts" comments.
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 02-17-2006, 04:59 PM. Reason: typo

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • feelthepain
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Circumstances that could lead Bills to Draft Day Shocker.

Hmmmm trade down, get more pics...wow sounds exactly like I've been saying. The Bills don't have the luxury of staying at 8.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i would not be against a trade down and TE.. but a TE at 8 would be suicide.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• dolphinssuck
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
        i would not be against a trade down and TE.. but a TE at 8 would be suicide.
        especially since we are not in bad need of a TE. It would be a waste of a selection which we could get a needed linemen.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

it will depend on everett.. we know nothing about him, but he is a fast wr type too..
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bmax
            • Aug 2003

Won't happen..Marv knows the bills lack talent on the fron line and front seven on def. I could see them drafting a TE but not at 8....

Klopstein from Colorado http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...pfenstein.html
            Fasano from ND http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...onyfasano.html
            Day-from Oregon

I also like Byrd from Usc

I'm not looking for us to spend a #1 on a skill postion player.. With Everett already on the roster we should look for another solid player to help with the pass and run game. If we are thinking Te after Campbell is cut . Let's wait at least to the 3 or 4th round.....Let's get our Def strong first. Then the OFF line ...

Hey we still might need a MLb Fletcher ain't getting any younger.. We are Just going to have to wait for te in this year draft.. I guess ,maybe we should just go the free agent route ? Just a thought....

Bmax

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

If the Bills draft a TE in the first round, I'll hang myself.

Comment

• Billsrock4life
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                lol......

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                    • Oct 2002

I would be ok with V. Davis at 8, if Ngata was the only one left at 8 after the big 7. Not that Ngata would be the worst pick, I just wouldn't mind V. Davis there.

Its hard to speculate trades. I would be fine with a trade down also, but as it stands now, we have the 8th pick.

The top 7 in my opinion are... Bush, Leinhart, Young, Mario, Brick, AJ, Huff.

V. Davis seems like he would have more of an impact than most players left at 8.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

If the top players at a need position for the Bills are gone, and the super studs Mario Williams and AJ Hawk are history by the time the Bills are on the clock, and Atlanta wants to trade up, I'd be very happy to trade down. I think Buffalo would have a lot more options at 15. There would be other (besides D'Brickashaw Ferguson) OTs who wouldn't be near the reach at 15 as they would be at 8. The same with DTs. I assume Buffalo would get another 2nd round pick out of it. The draft value chart suggests Atlanta's first and second round picks would be close in value to Buffalo's first and fourth round picks.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

As I posted before from what I heard in WGR and what I saw on the NFL Network, the Jets are looking more and more like they will be drafting a QB. If that's the case, Brick going in the top 5 may be in question (depending on what Houston does) and it would not be totally out of the question for us to get him. The odds might be low, but it could happen. The Jets wanting a QB now is GREAT news for us!!!

Oh, and I disagreee with PatMoran2006 about Gandy. Gandy wasn't elite, but he wasn't terrible either and has also played Guard. It is possible that he could move to LG.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

mysticsoto, you really need to STOP TALKING ABOUT GANDY PLAYING GUARD!!!

what indication do you have that he could do it? he sucked at guard in chicago.. and he was a tackle in college.

gandy is not, and should not be a guard on our line or any other line ever.. end of story. geesh.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            Circumstances Could Lead Bills To Draft Day Shocker * Fox Sports

I'm already bracing myself for the barrage of "are you nuts" comments.
                            If we trade down I definatly see TE as a pick. Marv and DJ understand the same thing Jim Kelly said all year watching this team....We need a GOOD TE and we don't have one. Campbell etal are BACKUPS in this league. There are 3 Starting/Impact caliber TE's in this draft and I hope we get one.

I would like to hear that we got ahold of denver and traded #8 and Moulds to them for both of their firsts.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by dolphinssuck
                              especially since we are not in bad need of a TE. It would be a waste of a selection which we could get a needed linemen.
                              TE IS A NEED! Did you ever catch Jim Kellys monday talks on WGR I believe? We dont' have a real TE on this roster. A good TE Is vital!

Comment

Working...
                              X