PDA

View Full Version : 'Nate do you want to return to Buffalo'

ICE74129
02-18-2006, 10:42 AM
He says he wants to say, but wants to see what is the best fit for him. When asked if he wants champ bailey money, he says 'I want to be paid fair for my services. My numbers are comperable and did what was asked of me so I want compensated'

Clements isn't happy about Bledsoe, Jonas etc being let go. Sharpe really ripps them for letting JP take over.

Listen to his interview on BB.com. he gets animated a little when talking money and getting compensated. It also sounds like he will only want to be here if he gets paid enough. Seems to me he is really wanting to go somewhere else.

Tag and trade him. Other CB's are more than good enough to be a success in the cover 2.

Tatonka
02-18-2006, 10:53 AM
huff wouldnt be bad at all.. the other corner from texas, griffen, is said to be a good cover 2 type corner.

i noticed on mike mayocks segment on the dbs on nfl access, he had jimmy williams listed as his 5th best cb, behind griffen.. he said he is an enigma and inconsistent, which is what i have said all along about it.. now, if we could get him in the second round (i know, it wont happen), then i would be ok with jimmy williams.. but he is not worth a first round pick.

ChristopherWalken
02-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This is going to be interesting. I just don't see the Bills forking over a lot of cash for Nate. Yet the fact that Nate is demanding high dollar will pretty much simplify the process. In other words, I bet he gets tagged.

Besides, we really don't need to be looking for a CB in the 1st and 2nd round of the draft this year. Offensive and Defensive Lineman should be primary targets.

Tatonka
02-18-2006, 11:04 AM
trade down situations change everything..

IF we were able to trade down and get 2 firsts (denver) or another second round or whatever.. then those extra picks can be used to fill all the holes..

if we lose nate clements.. you can believe that cb is definately a huge need.

ICE74129
02-18-2006, 11:08 AM
This is going to be interesting. I just don't see the Bills forking over a lot of cash for Nate. Yet the fact that Nate is demanding high dollar will pretty much simplify the process. In other words, I bet he gets tagged.

Besides, we really don't need to be looking for a CB in the 1st and 2nd round of the draft this year. Offensive and Defensive Lineman should be primary targets.

CW...check this out...Bailey's deal with the Broncos is seven years, $63 million with an $18 million signing bonus. Ralph won't pay that....at least we had better pray he wont pay that.

BTW...Clements said he just moved to houston...a city that was a good fit for him or something like it. come on bills faithfull. You ripped RJ, Bledsoe etc for not living in Buffalo. Now rip Clemments for not only not living here, but saying Houston was the type of town for him.

ICE74129
02-18-2006, 11:10 AM
trade down situations change everything..

IF we were able to trade down and get 2 firsts (denver) or another second round or whatever.. then those extra picks can be used to fill all the holes..

if we lose nate clements.. you can believe that cb is definately a huge need.

I disagree. With the SYSTEM, if we address the DL CB isn't a dire need. McGee will flourish and most likely be a probowler in this type of Defense. I agree with you one of the guys from TexASS in the 2nd would step in and do well. Hell Move Vincent back to CB in the Cover 2. There are options that are good ones that don't include a first round pick or high priced vet.

patmoran2006
02-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I am just missing the boat when it comes to Nate deserving $5.8 million dollars on a team that's INTERIOR Lines are the biggest weaknesses.

To the best of my knowledge, Nate was a GOOD corner pre-2005 and horrible in 2005. Even before 2005, I cant remember telling myself many times "thank god we got Nate here." He's done a good job on some top receievers, but I can't recall the "Playmaker" being a game changer for us, with the exception of a few Miami games.

Tatonka
02-18-2006, 11:25 AM
i thought it was real funny that nate didnt happen to mention what an awful year he had last year.. neither did shannon sharpes "play for who pays the most" ass.

ICE74129
02-18-2006, 11:37 AM
And I want to address something before some clown goes off on this...'What is he supposed to say'. Uh how about, 'I really appreciate all the Bills have done for me. I am going to work with them to try and find some common ground on a contract that allows me to be one of the better paid at my position, while allowing them to add the talent we need as a TEAM to reach our goals'

You know, something classy like that. Instead it was all 'I' and 'Me'. Then adding in the move to houston and how it is a great city for him etc. If you listened to the interview the ONLY Way he stays in Buffalo is 1) if they way overpay for him and 2) playing out the franchise tag for one year.

Note: I hate keeping a guy for one year with the tag. Unless he is of very high charicter like a Sean Alexander, he isn't going to give you 100% because he is not only pissed, but for fear of injury. If you tag him, try to trade him or get a longterm deal done before the draft.

ChristopherWalken
02-18-2006, 03:19 PM
CW...check this out...Bailey's deal with the Broncos is seven years, $63 million with an $18 million signing bonus. Ralph won't pay that....at least we had better pray he wont pay that.

BTW...Clements said he just moved to houston...a city that was a good fit for him or something like it. come on bills faithfull. You ripped RJ, Bledsoe etc for not living in Buffalo. Now rip Clemments for not only not living here, but saying Houston was the type of town for him.

? - I never ripped on anyone for not living in the city they play for. That's their choice. Spikes lives in Atlanta. Who cares? Not me.

Bailey is a far better corner IMO, but Clements demanding that kind of cash makes me think he wants out of Buffalo and that he is going to make the negotiation process difficult for the Bills in order to get where he wants to be. . I wouldn't waste my time batteling with Clements and his agent. I would make him two offers, neither would come close to what he expects to be paid. If he doesn't accept, TAGGED. Simple as that. The Bills need to be asses and elbows deep in more pressing issues like getting the right FAs in here to fill the gaps they know the draft can't fill.

ICE74129
02-18-2006, 03:30 PM
? - I never ripped on anyone for not living in the city they play for. That's their choice. Spikes lives in Atlanta. Who cares? Not me.

Bailey is a far better corner IMO, but Clements demanding that kind of cash makes me think he wants out of Buffalo and that he is going to make the negotiation process difficult for the Bills in order to get where he wants to be. . I wouldn't waste my time batteling with Clements and his agent. I would make him two offers, neither would come close to what he expects to be paid. If he doesn't except, TAGGED. Simple as that. The Bills need to be asses and elbows deep in more pressing issues like getting the right FAs in here to fill the gaps they know the draft can't fill.

CW I didn't mean you as in 'YOU' I meant several of the fanbase in general. And they did give RJ And Bledsoe hell for not living in Buffalo.

ChristopherWalken
02-18-2006, 03:31 PM
CW I didn't mean you as in 'YOU' I meant several of the fanbase in general. And they did give RJ And Bledsoe hell for not living in Buffalo.

Oh.. got ya. :up:

ublinkwescore
02-18-2006, 04:47 PM
I agree about the criticizm over where someone chooses to make their home - it's BS, and really isn't a true guage of how much heart an individual player has.

Spikes was a great example (I tried to think of one better, but I'm not familiar with who on the Bills lives near Buffalo/western NY etc...), And Willis McGahee bought a house in the Buffalo Area, and it just so happens that he had some question his work ethic this season (I still believe that it would have been a lot better for his morale if TD would have made some attempt in his time here to get him a line to run behind).

ICE74129
02-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Oh.. got ya. :up:

:beers: