• Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Donohoe wants BALANCE!

Bucs reinforce Donahoe faith in balance

"There's still nothing wrong with offense," Donahoe said. "But it speaks to the fact that you've got to have balanced offense. For some reason, the Raiders got into the mind-set where they didn't have to run the football; they didn't even have to try. They got away with it for a while, but it caught up to them Sunday.

"To me, it's not sound football. You have to be balanced, and you have to be good on defense. In both respects, Oakland was a bit of a flawed team. Their defense got better, but it was never a dominating defense. It's almost a classic case again of a run-and-shoot offense that sooner or later is going to come undone."

Nice to know we're not just going to rely on offense. I'd take a #1 defense over a #1 offense any day of the week.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

If he believes in balance, he sure has the wrong OC.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
      EXACTLY!

Also, a great defense will only go as far as it's offense doesn't kill them. Case in point. When buffalo had the leagues #1 defense, we were ousted in the first round of the playoffs.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Imagine a team with Buffalo's offense and Tampa's Defense.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
          Indeed EE! If he really means that then he should never have hired Gilbride to begin with, but even now, he should have fired him or demoted him to QB coach only. I don't think the combo of QB Coach/O.C. puts any substance behind Donahoe's words. It sends a completely opposite message.

The Bills are becoming a team that belongs in Missouri. The new motto should be "show me!"

We were anything but balanced this year and that was by design. Poor designer, eh.

Agree w/ ya LOG, if we get Henry to start getting 25+ carries a game, then we may very well be the best offense in the league just like K.C. was this season.

As it was this season, Henry only got the ball 25 times in 4 games.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Gilbride audibles to Drew

"Alright Drew , we need a balance attack. We threw 30 times in the first QUARTER, now we need to run so TD doesn't get on my ass. I'll call in running plays BUT feel free to change the plays and throw whenever you want. You have my blessing"
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Now it's Gilbride's fault? I thought it was Drew's?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

It's Drew's for tossing 15 INTs in 7 losses and adding another 3 lost fumbles in those games and Gilbride's for allowing the offense to pass so much that Henry only got 25 or more carries in only 4 games, 3-1 BTW.

Get rid of Gilbride and reduce the role of the passing offense on this team.

Feel like explaining how a QB like Johnson puts up 22 TDs by throwing only for barely over 3,000 yards while Drew puts up only 2 more with another near 50% of the yards?

Or how Green did simlar, 26 TDs in 700 fewer yards?

Neither of them have great receivers by any stretch. KJ is WAY overrated, mostly due to his own efforts. McCardell is a good #2 but that's it. Jurevicious, stepped up, but...

Kennison? Please!

So perhaps you can explain that for all the boys and girls here?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

I'll make it easy for you:

Drew: 4,359 yds, 24 TDs, 7.15 YPA, 61.5%, TD% 3.9%, TD/INT 1.6

Gannon: 4,689 yds, 26 TDs, 7.59 YPA, 67.6%, TD% 4.2%, TD/INT 2.6

Green: 3,690 yds, 26 TDs, 7.85 YPA, 61.1%, TD% 5.5%, TD/INT 2.0

Johnson: 3,049 yds, 22 TDs, 6.76 YPA, 62.3%, TD% 4.9%, TD/INT 3.7

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Dear Wys,

do me a favor...find me some stats on Average Drive Start and I think you'll see where to place the blame for 95% of the Bills problems.

Thanks,
                    Eb

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                      It's Drew's for tossing 15 INTs in 7 losses and adding another 3 lost fumbles in those games and Gilbride's for allowing the offense to pass so much that Henry only got 25 or more carries in only 4 games, 3-1 BTW.

Get rid of Gilbride and reduce the role of the passing offense on this team.

Feel like explaining how a QB like Johnson puts up 22 TDs by throwing only for barely over 3,000 yards while Drew puts up only 2 more with another near 50% of the yards?

Or how Green did simlar, 26 TDs in 700 fewer yards?

Neither of them have great receivers by any stretch. KJ is WAY overrated, mostly due to his own efforts. McCardell is a good #2 but that's it. Jurevicious, stepped up, but...

Kennison? Please!

So perhaps you can explain that for all the boys and girls here?
                      We had quite a few more rushing TDs than the Bucs did, Wys. Drew may have had a lot more passing TDs if we didn't run it in for the score. Compare our 17 rushing TDs with Tampa's 6 rushing TDs and you have your answer. You wanted us to be more balanced and, in fact, we were in that category.

More evidence that stats can be misleading.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

TD wise perhaps, not yardage wise nor # of plays wise.

BIG difference.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          Dear Wys,

do me a favor...find me some stats on Average Drive Start and I think you'll see where to place the blame for 95% of the Bills problems.

Thanks,
                          Eb
                          What's the insinuation Eb?

That K.C.'s D put the Chiefs in such good FP constantly?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            TD wise perhaps, not yardage wise nor # of plays wise.

BIG difference.
                            I thought yardage and plays didn't matter...only touchdowns??

First you want to blame Gilbride for lack of balance when we were among the tops in the league in rushing TDs, then you want to blame Drew because Gilbride ran too many touchdowns in vs. Drew passing for scores.

Make up your mind man!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

You also forget wys that our D couldn't hold anyone down and by playing catch-up we ended throwing more which was obvious to other defenses.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X