• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

You Clements supporters have it made.

If the Bills keep him and run a cover 2, he will look like he "improved" only because the system doesn't rely as heavily on CB play as the 46 D that Jerry Gray ran last year.

Clements benefitted from a strong D in 03 and 04, and this upcoming season he stands to benefit again from the system, so those of you who want to keep him here will be able to claim that you're "right" when he doesn't get toasted all season like he does in 05.

IMO, last year he proved his worth and it's nowhere near $5.8 million. A good cover 2 CB can be had for less than half that, and we have way too many other holes to fill on this team.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: You Clements supporters have it made.

Originally posted by OpIv37
    If the Bills keep him and run a cover 2, he will look like he "improved" only because the system doesn't rely as heavily on CB play as the 46 D that Jerry Gray ran last year.

Clements benefitted from a strong D in 03 and 04, and this upcoming season he stands to benefit again from the system, so those of you who want to keep him here will be able to claim that you're "right" when he doesn't get toasted all season like he does in 05.

IMO, last year he proved his worth and it's nowhere near $5.8 million. A good cover 2 CB can be had for less than half that, and we have way too many other holes to fill on this team.
    They can't be too happy yet. I know what Marv said, but clements interview says he wont' settle for less and from what I take, doesn't really want to be here.

We are not going to pay clements an 18 mill SB and 63 mill like Bailey got, so I bet he fails to reach an agreement.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

"you clements supporters have it made..."

no.. "us bills fans"

what a awful post.. so
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

He looked like crap because Gray had him playing ten yards off every damn WR.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

he even made a point in his interview to say "i played exactly how they told me to".
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
            • Dec 2002

That Bend not Break crap just doesn't work without the right components. The Bills run stop D was destroyed in the absence of Phat Pat. They had to start throwing more men in the box to help put out the running game fires started early in the season. As soon as the Bills threw the 1-2 extra guys in the box, you mismatches all over the field. Throw in a play action or two and suddenly the Bills find themselves just getting demolished on the passing game as well.

IMO, Clements had no choice to line 10 yards off the receivers (in some cases) becasue he was flying solo most of the time with the Safeties cheating at the line to stop the run.

I like the idea of the Cover 2 for the simple fact that the corners can get aggressive in the 5 yard cushion off the line. This allows the Safeties plenty of time to adjust to the long route.

So, in a way I guess you're right Opiv37. We do have it made. Or in other words, it really can't get much worse.

But I think I understand your gripe. Is Clements worth the money if all he is doing is playing a little bump and chase? I can't say for certain until the LD fills in, but if and when it does, Clements might just be hauling in and extra 4 ints this season because of it.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              "you clements supporters have it made..."

no.. "us bills fans"

what a awful post.. so
              so, I guess because we all root for the same team, we're not allowed to call people out if we think they're wrong?

Way to support open dialogue.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                he even made a point in his interview to say "i played exactly how they told me to".
                What did you expect him to say? "They had a great plan, but I just couldn't execute within the system. I'm not worth a huge contract".

Please.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

Ooooooh BUUUUURRRRRRRNNNNNNN!!!
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
                    That Bend not Break crap just doesn't work without the right components. The Bills run stop D was destroyed in the absence of Phat Pat. They had to start throwing more men in the box to help put out the running game fires started early in the season. As soon as the Bills threw the 1-2 extra guys in the box, you mismatches all over the field. Throw in a play action or two and suddenly the Bills find themselves just getting demolished on the passing game as well.

IMO, Clements had no choice to line 10 yards off the receivers (in some cases) becasue he was flying solo most of the time with the Safeties cheating at the line to stop the run.

I like the idea of the Cover 2 for the simple fact that the corners can get aggressive in the 5 yard cushion off the line. This allows the Safeties plenty of time to adjust to the long route.

So, in a way I guess you're right Opiv37. We do have it made. Or in other words, it really can't get much worse.

But I think I understand your gripe. Is Clements worth the money if all he is doing is playing a little bump and chase? I can't say for certain until the LD fills in, but if and when it does, Clements might just be hauling in and extra 4 ints this season because of it.
                    excellent post. no comeback?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      03 and 04, and this upcoming season he stands to benefit again from the system, so those of you who want to keep him here will be able to claim that you're "right" when he doesn't get toasted all season like he does in 05.
                      Clements wasn't toasted all season. If you watched the games you would see that most of (not all) the big passing plays against us Nate wasn't even the guy covering the WR.

Like in the Miami game, Nate was barely on Chambers and the big plays that Chambers did make were against someone else.

Nate is a good CB. There's no way we should let him go and then draft someone that you hope will be good.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

So it's a bad thing that the system will make him look good? Exactly how is that bad?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• STAMPY
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                          So it's a bad thing that the system will make him look good? Exactly how is that bad?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by lordofgun
                            Its only bad if your a Bills basher.

Comment

• STAMPY
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Sep 2003

I don't understand why we must hope certain guys do bad or good just so we can say I TOLD YOU SO!

Comment

Working...
                              X