PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Miller

chubluv
02-18-2006, 10:55 PM
The assistant GM of the US hockey team was interviewed during the 2nd intermission of todays game against Slovakia. When asked about Ryan Miller he said that when they made their decision Marty was on a 13 game win streak and they didnt think Ryan would crack the lineup to get enough playing time. Without playing time they did not think Ryan would be in game shape to play for the Olympics. Had they known Ruff was gonna ride Miller they would have chosen him over one of the other guys. he said that Ryan was their last & hardest cut.

Now my question is if they thought so highly of Miller couldnt they have talked to Ruff to see what kind of playing time he had in store for Ryan after he came back from his injury?

Not that it matters any way because with out scoring to many goals it doesnt matter who team USA has in goal they wont win.

PUCKER
02-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Theyre friggin idiots for not taking him,but I agree that no matter who they have in goal it doesnt seem to matter.

Tinboy
02-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Sound like a cheap exuse.

AndreReed83
02-19-2006, 06:35 PM
When asked about Ryan Miller he said that when they made their decision Marty was on a 13 game win streak and they didnt think Ryan would crack the lineup to get enough playing time.

That coupled with the way Laviolette has coached these Olympics makes me wonder how the Canes are doing so well this season.

Typ0
02-19-2006, 07:33 PM
this really smells of Homey BS. If you go back to the day the decision was being made there isn't anyone that knew what was going to happen not even Lindy. Had Biron pressed on for a couple more wins and Miller dropped one the story could be much different...and there was no way to tell.

Typ0
02-19-2006, 07:35 PM
as has been said though...it's a good thing he didn't go because we aren't scoring goals so it would have been a waste of time. Our goaltending was very good today and we lost!

Meathead
02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
frankly im glad miller isnt in there

this sabres team looks very sharp this year and is built for the playoffs (extremely balanced scoring, strong goaltending, good defense). this will give miller a rest and keep him fresher when the playoffs come around. remember how dom looked late in the nhl season after winning the gold?

hey im loving this olympic hockey but there are other goalies team usa can play. it would have been nice to see miller get some exposure but all in all im glad hes not playing

Crisis
02-19-2006, 09:25 PM

this sabres team looks very sharp this year and is built for the playoffs (extremely balanced scoring, strong goaltending, good defense). this will give miller a rest and keep him fresher when the playoffs come around. remember how dom looked late in the nhl season after winning the gold?

hey im loving this olympic hockey but there are other goalies team usa can play. it would have been nice to see miller get some exposure but all in all im glad hes not playing

Agreed.

A Miller playing with a chip on his shoulder the rest of the way is a scary thing for other teams.

Ingtar33
02-20-2006, 12:15 PM
team usa's goaltending only looks good because the Olympics allows the oversized clown pads that the NHL used to allow

don137
02-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Well considering the way Dipetro played against Finland and Esche played against Russia I am sure they regret not selecting Miller. I agree Miller with a chip is a good thing

Philagape
02-22-2006, 03:48 PM
With Miller, USA could have won against Russia and Finland.

PUCKER
02-22-2006, 11:31 PM
With Miller, USA could have won against Russia and Finland.

He may have helped with those 2,but the rest of the games..................................

Philagape
02-23-2006, 12:16 AM
If we had won those two, we'd still be alive

JD
02-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Just think, Miller could have gotten hurt like Hasek.. we would be screwed.

Not screwed completely. We would lose a few at first, then Biron would go on another huge streak :up:

Bill Brasky
02-26-2006, 03:36 PM

this sabres team looks very sharp this year and is built for the playoffs (extremely balanced scoring, strong goaltending, good defense). this will give miller a rest and keep him fresher when the playoffs come around.

i couldn't have said it any better! :up:

BFBills
02-26-2006, 05:20 PM
miller owns